Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Grand Emporium Build Issue

While building the second level, I started noticing I was missing several pieces. I found them in number 3 bags, which made me worry since I've read that level 2 and 3 are similar bags.

I called Lego and was told I have more bags for level 3 than I should. I should have 8, I actually have 11.

Has anyone else have issue? I'm going to finish the build today and see if I have all the pieces. Just a really odd issue.

Comments

• YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    Not the exact issue, but I had a random extra bag with my Pet Shop.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,503
    If you get extra pieces then I do not consider that an issue. If you are missing pieces then that would be an issue
  • legotheterriblelegotheterrible Member Posts: 6
    I didn't had any problems with building the Grand Emporium or any missing elements during the process. Be sure to look carefully at all bags for missing pieces.
  • ColtCrazyColtCrazy Member Posts: 28
    Okay, finished the build. Have some extra pieces. Missing 71 pieces. Also, the roof instructions are missing from page 17 to 31, but I can't think of what they could be considering the roof appears done to me. Calling Lego tomorrow to sort it all out. Just a weird building experience. Shouldn't have to deconstruct too badly to put the missing pieces in. All the missing pieces I have are multiples (missing 2, 4, and even 12 of particular pieces).
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    @ColtCrazy curious what is the lot # for your set, its usually printed on the stickers sealing the box on one of the two ends.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,503
    ^--beat me to it.. :-)
    If parts are missing that is a big issue (Obviously)

The last set I got for GE was some time ago, but All the same Id like to know the lot number to know if I am going to have an issue with the set.
  • ColtCrazyColtCrazy Member Posts: 28
    Okay, a final update here. Ended up finding all the pieces. My son was completing another build and somehow managed to get one of my bags caught up with his. Not sure how that happened, but we do have twin boys that we lovingly call the twin terrors. :) My guess is they found it and thought they were being helpful.
    But the weird thing was this...it was a #3 bag, yet had all the pieces (and then some) that I was missing from the second floor. In the end, I had 3 extra #3 bags that I shouldn't have had. Ended up with several extra pieces...so I guess it worked out after all.
    Feel good that the pieces were found. Even better about the extras.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 693
    Do the Grand Emporium or Pet Shop ever go on some sort of sale? I noticed they were conviently left out of the Bricktober sales (B2G1Free) and Decembers B1G1 50% sale too. I like to purchase each and put away for the kids for future builds. Any suggestions?
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    ^ Yes, but infrequently. Walmart has done it and Amazon has quickly followed. What I typically do is put items I want in my Amazon cart and just click on it every few days. It'll notify you of any price changes. But it's hard to determine when and if they will as they are different animals than say your standard City set.
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    One of the really interesting things about the Grand Emporium build is piece re-use and "symmetry". Despite the fact that the build is not symmetrical, there was clearly care taken in the construction process to ensure that there would be many identical bags of pieces, and that the overall effect on piece choice would be symmetrical. It's actually a very thoughtful design in that regard; I assume that it reduces manufacturing cost.