Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Lego Minecraft in stock at Amazon

dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
edited December 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Link here

Just grabbed one! In case you missed it over at [email protected] With Prime shipping it'll be here by the 18th. :)
tk79

Comments

• brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Limit 1. Grabbed one - thanks!
  • willkfwongwillkfwong Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 44
    Thanks! Grabbed one.
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    Thanks!
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    Thanks for the heads up @dr_teng
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    glad I was online this morning. I missed the [email protected] one that sold out within 90 minutes. Thanks for the tip!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Just grabbed one... thanks...
    Ahh, and they are gone...
    Wow... that is... impressive... for limit one, they were gone in less than 20 minutes...
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    Sigh, missed this again and was just checking out.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Thanks, got my one. Now the question is - which is next? Jinx, Barnes and Noble, TRU, Target...
    I have said it before... I will say it again...

LEGO could make a million of this set and they'd sell every one.

Not being able to meet demand looks bad. They talk about being able to shift production within 10 days to produce more sets of what is selling and fewer of what is not selling, but I don't see it. And it just isn't Minecraft, it seems like some times are forever out of stock and others, just sit...

Curious...
    Wow I didn't even have a chance to get friends with amazon accounts to get an order in
  • thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    Got 2, well worth it to pay for the 2 day shipping (get by monday) and flip them right away!
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    Back in stock again!
    Thank you, snagged another one. :)
  • pellaeonpellaeon Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, got one! Now my brother will have a Christmas gift. :P
    Going VERY fast...

Was at 600 about 2 minutes ago, down to 380 now...
    refreshed... 349
    These will be gone in 5 minutes... or less...

5 minutes? What was I thinking... 1 minute...

I have to say... regardless of your feelings of the set, if you care for it or not, it is just amazing to see something sell this quickly. With a limit of 1 per account, even if you have 10 accounts it takes time to log off, log back on, check out, log off, etc...

• thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    Where can you find quantity available?
    I think being posted on SD and other "deal" sites, and of course being pre-announced... some of this might be resellers (2 were for me after all), but a lot of this demand is for Christmas and personal use...

In my humble opinion...

Gone... just like that...

Where can you find quantity available?

Add to cart, then go into cart and change qty to 999. Sometimes Amazon has items rigged to show 999 until the last 20 or so, other times it shows the true number.

In this case, it showed the true number. I started watching from about 600 and in 5 minutes, poof, all gone.

Every refresh a few more were gone...
    Dougout
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    ^ I'd say 99% are going to resellers using scripts to order. This is well paying low hanging fruit.
  • stickbug29stickbug29 United StatesMember Posts: 68
    YES!!! WOOHOO!!! After months of trying to track this thing down, I've finally ordered one! To the person who started this thread: THANK YOU!!! :D
    ^^Amazon order scripts? Any idea where I can find one of those? The only Google hits are freelance requests for custom programming.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Darn, missed this one too! Why must I be on a boring time share vacation...
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,652
    Missed it again.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Curses. That's what I get for spending time with family this weekend ;)
    dragonhawk
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    And back in stock yet again, 729 as of this posting!
  • BrianBrian Guest Posts: 87
    ^ And out of stock again!
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,327
    ^I don't see it... did it already sell out that fast?
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,327
    edited December 2012
    Not again.......
    sold +/- 800 in 7 minutes...
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    That's ridiculous. The chances of stumbling upon that set actually being in stock are astronomical. What a let down
    DadsAFOL said:

sold +/- 800 in 7 minutes...

Yep, amazing isn't it? :)

I keep saying it... They could make a million of them and they'd sell every one of them, probably in a week to boot! :)
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    edited December 2012
    Either the numbers are lying or someone is working the system. I find it incredibly hard to believe that many individuals were sitting on their computers hawking for a Lego Minecraft set. Are these being bought out by international buyers also?
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Lol, I have it permanently in my browser, go on the gym, come out and it's here and gone :P
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,896
    At some point, post Xmas, the aftermarket price on this will start to come down at least a little bit I think. I'm sure these are getting gobbled up by resellers primarily.

Yes they can control the price. But everyone's trying to make quick money on it. So a lot are happy to sell these fast to make their buck.
    lulwut said:

Either the numbers are lying or someone is working the system. I find it incredibly hard to believe that many individuals were sitting on their computers hawking for a Lego Minecraft set. Are these being bought out by international buyers also?

Believe it... Post something on SlickDeals and watch it go... It really isn't that hard to move 5,000 items in 5 minutes, just ask Woot! Seen it happen there and a few other places. Try watching a WootOff sometime! :)

There are millions of people at work in front of a computer, they should be working, but what they are doing is shopping online.
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    This will be in production for a long time. paying $145 for a few tiny pieces is crazy... just be patient and you will be able to purchase one at retail price. After market prices will only go as high as people are willing to spend on them.
  • mrfootballmrfootball Member Posts: 84
    I was able to grab one from Lego S&H Saturday morning real quick once I signed up for http://www.zoolert.com/, they send you a text and email as soon as the item you're looking for is in stock. This (and other similar services) is how many of these people are able to grab them so quickly.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,905
    Walmart has them now
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^ Not any more.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,905
    They lasted a good hour or more. Which tells me LEGO likely has indeed ramped up production on this. We will see though.