Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What to buy next...

20022002 Member Posts: 1
edited December 2012 in Everything else LEGO
Hi, I'm a simple T-fol (16 to be precise) who wants to know just what sets or pieces I should purchase next. I have these complete sets already

http://brickset.com/search/?OwnedBy=2002

as well as a few bricklink orders, bulk piece lots, etc... I want to be able to essentially build "whatever I want" since my favorite theme varies over time. If you have any suggestions, please post. Thanks!

Oh, and buy (pun intended) the way, I am not made of money so please grant me some budget. Don't mean to sound whiny or demanding, just wanted to mention that.

Comments

• Dread_PirateDread_Pirate Member Posts: 184
    it is kinda hard to suggest what you want with such a random collection. Not sure what to suggest but get what you like is never a bad thing.

• FatMattFatMatt USMember Posts: 502
    edited December 2012
    A good place to start would be to decide what current sets you like the most, and figuring which of them is probably the most likely to discontinue the soonest, and then go from there. The question you are asking is one that nobody can answer except you. It's kinda like saying "I have owned a Civic Hatchback, a Chevy Stepside, a Pontiac Grand Prix, a Hummer, and a Kia piece of crap. Now what car should I buy next?" Buy what you like. Your the one who's going to use it.
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,368
    Hi 2002,

Building whatever you want may need a bigger collection than you realize. For instance the database says I have 170,000 bricks and I can't build just anything.

What I can do is build modular style buildings, I've bought sets and PAB cups with that object because that's what I like.

Buy sets for what you like now while realizing your tastes may change, avoid sets that are excuses to sell licensed minifigures, pay attention to price per part ratios, realize that uninteresting sets look much better at 50% off.

If it looks like stuff you like have a look at the medieval market village. It has over 1600 pieces for $100 or less, though that will quickly change when they stop making it in the near future, it's not licensed, it has a lot of minifigures and accessories which are always fun. It's also versatile to a certain extent, ours is currently part of our winter village. But if you really like vehicles it isn't going to be a good set for you.

Good luck, have fun browsing and deciding.
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    Fire Brigade and MMV are great value for parts count and currently under msrp @ Amazon with free shipping. Can't go wrong with either of these sets for the builds or parts.
    LegoFanTexas
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    VaderX said:

Fire Brigade and MMV are great value for parts count and currently under msrp @ Amazon with free shipping. Can't go wrong with either of these sets for the builds or parts.

^ This... Run, don't walk... To Amazon and buy those two sets, you'll be happy that you did...
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Please note that these types of decisions are very much a matter of personal choice. As such, these types of threads are generally discouraged here. Please don't hesitate to PM me with any questions.
This discussion has been closed.
Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy