Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Quality issues with individual pieces

I searched for a discussion about quality and came up with no good info so hopefully i am not rehashing an old topic.
Yesterday I purchased and built the police station #7498. I was none-the-less very disappointed with the quality of the pieces in particular item 245301. Every single piece had rough edges(burrs if you will) to some degree and was actually narrower than a typical 3005001 brick. Even the same pieces from my #7288 were the same(also bought and built yesterday) but to a slightly lesser degree. This make for an unimpressive gap between ajoining pieces. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, will TLG do anything about it if I were to contact them?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,197
    You can complain and they will probably replace it with the same piece, with the same problem.

There was a similar topic a while ago about window panes.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,025
    This topic has come up several times both here and other LEGO forums. I do recommend that you call them and explain the problem. They will send you replacements, but most importantly also make a note about the quality issue. In the past I have also mailed pieces like that back to LEGO. I have always gotten a response back. We can't garantee quick action and results, but we do know that LEGO does take quality issues seriously. If you don't tell them the issue they won't know. So it is always worth to give them a call.
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    I'd call them. I think that we will see more and more of this because of outsourcing to China. I would gladly pay 10% more per kit if they kept ALL production of elements in Denmark and Europe!