Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Is the lego store in Ontario mills ca worth visiting?

Assuming you have a lego store close to your home, is it worth making a stop at the Ontario mills store? Is it really an outlet?

Comments

• ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    Yes: they get on occasion large quantities of box damaged items.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    "When" they have stuff :P

As an outlet store, they will sell damaged boxes at 20% off. They have nothing right now and haven't for a while now. Considering you can get 20% or more off regularly for "undamaged" sets elsewhere its really not a great deal. Sometimes there will be a few gems of retired sets that are found but those are rare.

It's a bigger store, and is generally better stocked than other stores, but unless "you know" they just got a big shipment in of damaged boxes in, it's certainly not worth an extended drive over a closer store.

All that being said, I do make trips there (there are closer stores to me) because that staff is awesome there.
  • bigjsdbigjsd Member Posts: 62
    I am 15 minutes from them so I visit it regularly. If you are close then I would say definitely otherwise it's just like any other Lego store. I have scored some awesome deals there including the holiday train quite a few years back at 50% off. They do seem to get alot of damaged items but didn't realize this was an "outlet" for such. They had the Jabba's Palace set 20% off (damaged box) the same week the sets were released. However I just was there on 12/7 picking up The Hobbit sets for Christmas and they had very little damage at the time. It's bigger than the San Diego Lego store yet miniscule compared to the Downtown Disney Lego (which is to be expected).
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Thanks folks! I think I will give it a miss this time since it sound like there's nothin particarly enticing. Really appreciate the tips!