Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello from London

DanGPDanGP UKMember Posts: 66
Hello All
I've been lurking for a while now and thought it was about time I pulled my finger out and posted. I came out of the dark ages officially about a year and a half ago when I found out my nephew had discovered Lego in a BIG way. I bought him some sets for his birthday and found myself at the table with him happily building for hours.

Sets I'm interested in tend to lean to the more fantastical. Lord of the Rings, Monster Fighters, Alien Conquest etc and less the everyday City sets. As a life long comic geek I can't get enough of the Marvel and DC sets as well. As a child of the 70's Star Wars has always been my first geek love but I tend to pick and choose from the sets now and just go for the ones that really interest me. In the last six months I've started picking up the modular town range and some of the UCS SW sets. So far i've been really impressed with the Fire Brigade and R2-D2.

So far the girlfriend's been pretty into it. She's even accompanied me to a couple of the AFOL 15% off mornings at Bluewater. It helps that she loves the Winter Village sets which I've now got set up as a Christmas decoration. She did buy me the little bride and groom wedding favour set #853340 for our anniversary so that might be a little hint.

I've worked in retail for 20 years now and head up a merchandising dept so I'm looking forward to chiming in on discussions about the retail end of things for what its worth.

Now you'll have to excuse me as I need to put my Winter Village Toy Shop back together as it decided to dive off the book shelf whilst I was out. There were bricks everywhere!

Cheers

Dan

P.S. Love the site.

Comments