Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

More Midi-Sized Star Wars Sets?

thelegoguy421thelegoguy421 Banned Posts: 64
edited December 2012 in Everything else LEGO
I have learned that Midi-scale gungan sub and MTT could be released in summer 2013.
BrianPenkid11legoprodsLegoZombiesMasterLego

Comments

• thelegoguy421thelegoguy421 Banned Posts: 64
    If anyone has a picture, please post here.
    EddieDoesntMind
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    These are just MOCs though, nothing official. Some guy is creating midi-scale MOCs for each micro model in the 2012 SW calendar, or so Google translate tells me.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    ^ agreed
    I learned my info from a friend in a LUG group in Florida
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,465
    No way they release a midi scale model when they still have a minifig scale sub on the market
  • emmtwosixemmtwosix Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2012
    I can think up at least three reasons Lego wouldn't do this:

1) Only two midi sets have been released, the last being over two years ago.
    2) Episode I was in theaters last year, it would have made a lot more sense to release Ep.I related sets then vs. 2013.
    and
    3) I don't think the MTT and Gungan Sub would be the next two models on the chopping block after the Millenium Falcon and ISD, and if they were, it would have been because of (2).

I would sincerely like to see Lego bring the midi-line back, but I really don't see it working unless they add an exclusive fig, stand, and/or plaque of some sort (kind of like a middle ground between the Planet Series & UCS sets, which is what they basically were.) They just didn't sell well enough on the primary market.
    I have a friend who i got the info from and he told me correctly what the 2013 lego sets would be before they were shown on Brickset or any other site i could fine.
    EddieDoesntMind