2013 New Parts

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited December 2012 in Building and Techniques
Does anyone have the #41008 Friends Heartlake City Pool set yet? I went to pick it up at the LEGO store today and they were sold out. I'd like to know if the orange basketball / pool ball is like the old school basketballs from the 2003 basketball sets.

or is it an orange zamor sphere?

The #41011 Stephanie's Soccer Practice appears to come with an old soccer ball as well - with a new logo printed on it.

Likewise, did anyone get the #70702 Galaxy Squad Warp Stinger or #70703 Star Slicer sets? I'm assuming the purple ball in those sets is a new purple zamor sphere?

And what parts compose the gun used by the blue droid dude? Looks like perhaps a new part on the end.

Any other new (or revived) parts out there or coming? Any more instances of the inverted tile (as seen in the #9448 Samurai Mech)?

Comments

• canuckcanuck Member Posts: 88
    I believe it's this piece as there are no visible lines on either balls.
    http://brickset.com/parts/?part=4297030
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 658
    From the box art, it looked like the orange ball in the Friends set is a soccer ball. There is also an ice cream cone piece (inverted 1x1 cone with bar at bottom) that looked quite useful.

The robot's gun isn't too exciting, but a nice design.
    Camera
    Technic Beam
    2 1x1 trans red round plates
    Technic half pin
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    GIR3691 said:

The robot's gun isn't too exciting, but a nice design.
    Camera
    Technic Beam
    2 1x1 trans red round plates
    Technic half pin

Ah, from the picture it looks like something like a 1x1 technic beam (which would be new), and not a 1x2. I guess the rest of the beam is pointed away from the camera?
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    I see the inverted 1x1 cone piece you are referring to. Interesting element. I can use that as a tee for my golf MOCs. :)