Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New Star Wars sets for june 2013

SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
Just saw that on hothbricks and It has been discussed on spanish forum www.hispalug.es as well as swedish forum www.swebrick.se

But here is the list of the rumoured Star Wars sets for 2013

75015 Corporate Alliance Droid
75016 Homing Spider Droid
75017 Yoda vs Count Dooku
75018 Yoda Chronicle
75019 AT-TE
75020 Jabba's Sail Barge
75021 Republic Gunship
75022 Mandalorian Speeder
BrickarmorCapnRex101Mad_Dogthelegoguy421LegoFanTexas

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    If that list is accurate, wow...

Sail barge, AT-TE, and Gunship all at once!!!

:)
  • AnseltheCatAnseltheCat Member Posts: 141
    Well I guess the Sail Barge was to be expected soon after the revamped Jabba's Palace.

All the others sound great as most of these previously came out during my dark ages. I would especially like the Republic Gunship bit to be true.

Colour me excited. :)
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Yes! Republic gunship!
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    Still no Cantina =/ I would even accept a Hoth Echo base sized Cantina at this point.
  • BrickbaseBrickbase Member Posts: 100
    That is quite the list. Missed the last Sail Barge, if I'm not mistaken a whole lot of people really liked it. I also loved the last Republic Gunship. Can't wait for some images.
  • DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    Only 1 out of 8 sets is OT? Oh well... thats more money in my pocket to spend on stuff for my city.
  • TheCultLeaderTheCultLeader Member Posts: 48
    Any idea what Yoda Chronicle is?
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    ^ It is a book from DK
  • RainingBoroSi02RainingBoroSi02 NCMember Posts: 59
    It seems to have a heavy Atack of the Clones slant with the Gunship, At-te, Spider Droid, and Yoda vs Dooku. Looking forward to the gunship, missed the boat last time.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,460
    ^Makes sense with the 3D re-release of the film next Fall

^ It is a book from DK

Are you sure it's not a set separate from the book already revealed? Seems odd for a book to have a set number like that with the rest of the line.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    ^ the number above is probably a set based on the stories from the book. It isnt the. Ook itself.
    ^Ah, that makes sense. I hope it includes a yoda hut.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    edited December 2012
    I'm really surprised by the lack of Jedi-centric sets. I am excited for the Khetanna, though the 2006 version was already really good. I assume this one will wind up slightly larger and include that Slave Leia people have been clamoring for. Hopefully a few more skiff guards, too. Perhaps even the Ree-Yees that got pulled from the palace.

AotC and RotS come out next fall... and it's Jedi's 30th anniversary, so perhaps they had to really split their focus this year. Still would have enjoyed a lot more Jedi sets, specifically a $40-ish version of the Emperor's throne room.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 787
    edited December 2012
    ^ Sadly that's a portion of #10188. I don't mean that's it's a sad design, it's just that you have to pay $$ to get it.
    Oh. I know. I just want a standalone set on a larger scale. The one on the Death Star doesn't even come close to doing the movie set justice.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098

The 3D Phantom Menace didn't make a lot. 3D AotC will make even less. They should of started with the original trilogy.

• dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    graphite said:

^ the number above is probably a set based on the stories from the book. It isnt the. Ook itself.

Ok. That makes more sense...

• ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 420
    I am very happy about this list. There were very few sets in this summers batch that I was excited about, and only one upcoming set (A-Wing) that I am planning to buy at RRP. I don't know anything about the extended universe so those hold almost zero interest for me.

With this list, however, there are a number of sets that I missed out on the first and second time around, and have ended up paying way more than RRP to have in my collection. I can count four that I will buy when I first see them, and get more of when they're on sale!
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    3rd release on the gunship. I will likely sell off the 6 gunships I have now. the newer designs will likely be better, offer updated minifigs (eg: leg printing), and be cheaper.
  • AmikoAmiko Member Posts: 97
    Sail barge! YESSSS! I kept procrastinating on the last one and it's one of the biggest regrets I have. Will be able to fix it - and it means that the skiff becomes a 'must' now too.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,287
    If this list is accurate, I am absolutely delighted! An AT-TE, Republic Gunship, which are presumably both Episode II sets, and some other great soundings sets. I just hope we get a new Jango Fett Minifigure some time soon as well.
  • ptericpteric Member Posts: 156
    So is now the time to sell the old Sail Barge?
  • ptericpteric Member Posts: 156
    So aparently thats why there was no Leia slave costume with Jabbas Palace.
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    Seems like 2013 for CW may still not be a completely skip over affair after all . Photos please..
    Even more excited about the UCS 2013... any rumors ?a couple good ones could make this an all SW year for me plus the rumored LOtr Return Of The Kings sets .
  • ThegoThego UKMember Posts: 262
    I am so happy with the Sail Barge and even happier that it is the only OT set. I really need to save some money!
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    When do you think we start getting pictures? LEGO have been pretty good at stopping leaks..
  • Firox5000Firox5000 Member Posts: 61
    Sail barge and gunship are certainly going on my list.
  • VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    Do the winter 2013 SW sets get released on Jan 1 2013 ?
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    Yes and sometimes even earlier
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    I thought someone talked about a Sarlac pit that connects to Jabba's Palace. Fact or fiction? I dont really see see how you could raise the palace to have a pit underneath.
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 868
    Rancor pit and yes that is confirmed. It is supposed to go underneath.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    Definitely stoked to see a new version of the sail barge. I hope they make it as big or bigger than the current one.

Still have to get jabbas palace... And then the rancor pit. Then the sail barge... But that's not too bad considering that's all the SW I have to purchase outside of the UCS sets for the next yr or so.
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    I'm a firm believer in the line "When it's too good to be true, it probably is". I wouldn't possibly buy a second Sail Barge considering the last one isn't that old, nor is it all that shabby. Seeing the AT-TE and Gunship again would just be asking too much... I know Lego has a long running Starwars license and that those models were bound to make a comeback, but man, why so soon? Throwing in the Corporate Alliance Tank and the Homing Spider Droid it can't help but feel like we're getting the beginning of the Clone Wars line again (not that I'm complaining). That's certainly a wonderful list, but until I see a huge leak of pictures in the months down the road, all I can say is "keep dreaming".
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    a new sail barge would be win-win for me...I've wanted one for a while but haven't put down the cash...if they release a new one it would either be better and I'd buy that one, or it would help lower the price of the older one on the secondary market

like i said...win-win
  • turtle1173turtle1173 Member Posts: 230
    I think we would be due for an Imperial Star Destroyer update instead of the Gunship or AT-TE. Having said that, I'm anxious to see what they "improve" on those two. 7676 is one of my favorite Star Wars sets. I never built the AT-TE, so that will likely be a "must have" for me, if it's anything like the last one
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 565
    Ypres said:

Throwing in the Corporate Alliance Tank and the Homing Spider Droid it can't help but feel like we're getting the beginning of the Clone Wars line again (not that I'm complaining).

We pretty much are getting the beginning of the Clone Wars again, exactly 5 years after the initial launch. The Gunship, AT-TE, and Homing Spider Droid were all part of that Summer 2008 release. I hope, however, that it is Attack of the Clones-centric in design. That would make more sense if they are going to coincide with the re-release of the movie.

All I have to say is that if they don't finally correct the leg joints in the AT-TE to make it true to the movie, then no dice. They can make it look as big and minifig-crammed as possible; I won't buy it unless the front and back pairs of legs bend at the "knee". Ball's in your court, Lego!
    NgclarkIV
    Deadareus said:

Definitely stoked to see a new version of the sail barge. I hope they make it as big or bigger than the current one.

I have to assume it'll be bigger than the original, as the new skiff looks enormous next to the 2006 release. And I know I've said it before... but I hope it's packed with Jabba's henchmen. Luke, Han, Chewie, Lando and even Jabba himself are already covered in the Jabba-centric sets from this year, so there's no need to include any of the heroes except for slave Leia. I know this won't happen, but I can dream.
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    y2josh said:

Deadareus said:

I have to assume it'll be bigger than the original, as the new skiff looks enormous next to the 2006 release. And I know I've said it before... but I hope it's packed with Jabba's henchmen. Luke, Han, Chewie, Lando and even Jabba himself are already covered in the Jabba-centric sets from this year, so there's no need to include any of the heroes except for slave Leia. I know this won't happen, but I can dream.
    it would be awesome if your dream here came true...theres a luke with the skiff and the rancor pit...we can skip him with the sail barge

would love to see ree yees that was originally listed on the palace...and the max rebo band
  • thelegoguy421thelegoguy421 Banned Posts: 64
    I need a Gunship, Homing Spider Droid, and a AT-TE.
  • landolando Member Posts: 107
    edited January 2013
    Hi just wondering if anybody knew when we will see a few new lego Star Wars bits in the shops this year? would it be summer time ?
  • mrtonytjmrtonytj Guest Posts: 214
    I am assuming you are in Australia like me because most of the world has had these sets for a while already.. I have been told it shouldn't be any more than a few weeks at the most for us.
    Mrtonytj , I'm in uk buddy,and its snowing!:-( lol ,, just didnt no if there was new lego star wars items coming this year.
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    but beyond that yes, more in the summer.
    lando
    Ah. Ok. No worries. Its far from snowing here! Its 11:29pm and 29 degrees Celsius!
    lando
    mrtonytj said:

Ah. Ok. No worries. Its far from snowing here! Its 11:29pm and 29 degrees Celsius!

:-( Could do with some of that weather
    Yeah, you wouldn't have said that last week when it hit 49! lol
    lando
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited January 2013
    Besides, snow is always preferable to sun. At least until someone explains to me how you can have sunball fights.
    y2joshBrickarmorcarlq