Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Mixing old and new parts

Hi!

I am in the process of completing an inventory of my sets that I have had since I was little. I am going to replace most of the white pieces in #6395-1, #6346-1, and 6387-1 due to yellowing.

I would like to get new pieces from Lego if possible, but I don't know if there is a big difference between the old white bricks and the new white bricks. I think some parts I will have to get from bricklink, and I don't want the pieces to stick out from each other.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    Do you mean a difference in colour or the actual molding and performance of the brick?
  • lannyjacklannyjack Member Posts: 39
    Just in looks - mainly the color. I have picked up Star Wars and Lord of the Rings sets, and the bricks feel different. I don't have new white bricks on hnd to do a side by side comparison.

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,172
    I would say that most of the shading on new bricks will not match well to old brick in almost any color a this point, it is subtle but it seems to me that there is a difference.
    I tend to find it easier to match shading with used brick to used brick (ie. check, and buy, from BL)
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    Yeah, definitely the new bricks have a crisp sheen to them that the old bricks don't have due to playwear or age. Would be very hard to mix and match old and new perfectly.