Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] EXPIRED: ToysRUs.com: Millennium Falcon 7965 $99

zippityzoomzippityzoom Member Posts: 86
edited December 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just wanted to let people know that Toys R Us (USA only) has the Millennium Falcon 7965 for a pretty good deal at $99. It's store pickup only (no shipping to home) and is only in limited locations. Check on site for details and locations.

Comments

• gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Ha, so bogus. I know for a fact they are in my local stores yet they show as unavailable on the website for store pickup. One shows inventory, but I know it only has one that has been opened already.
  • chrisyndchrisynd Member Posts: 4
    Price go back up? I see $139.99 on the website.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11815469
  • zippityzoomzippityzoom Member Posts: 86
    I guess it did. It was a great deal while it lasted. I can confirm that it was legit, assuming you were lucky to live near a TRU that had it stocked.
    ^ It didn't matter if a store was stocked or not. All the stores that I have visited in my area has them in stock yet they showed "out of stock" on the website.
    @gmpirate Where are located?
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    I grabbed a few of these about 4-5 weeks ago when they were also $99.
    Southern Cal, but they are regular price in stores -- $140
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,292
    edited December 2012
    They added an "online only" designation to the price, stating that the price would not be available in stores. There was some online stock, but it didn't last long. The website showed "Out of stock" for in-store pickup, even though the stores near me had plenty of stock.

Immediately after Black Friday, stores were price matching online prices, and then they suddenly stopped, including matching their own website. I just got an email that they are price matching again.

They've been running various promotions for discounts off regular priced items (20% off, $25 off $100, etc), but cleverly offer slight discounts on their popular items during the same period so they don't qualify for the bigger discounts.

TRU is completely schizophrenic, but the consistent method to their madness is to give the illusion of good sales without actually selling much at that price.
    PoochyChang405zippityzoomLegoFanTexas
    It's kind of like a super "doorbuster" item where technically, they have it available, but the quantity is so low, it's unrealistic, but gets people in.

Not to go off-topic, but does anyone have some hands-on comparisons between the 7965 MF and the previous versions (including the epic UCS). Keep in mind this is for a little boy for Christmas.
  • factorybeltfactorybelt Member Posts: 10
    @zippityzoom this review has comparison shots of the system falcons and the UCS. Hope that helps.