Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

WTB 10199 Winter Toy Shop

crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
Title says it all. Wanting to buy new or used. Would prefer complete but I want this set to build every christmas not to collect. Let me know what you have and would be willing to sell. I buy with bank cert checks. I don't use paypal. Thanks Carl.

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    I would do a brand new in box copy for $140 shipped, but only with a postal money order. If I took a bank check, I would have to hold it a month before shipping, they are just not reliable.

Even a personal checks better than a bank check when selling online.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/savings/you-can-t-always-trust-certified-checks.aspx
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392

I would do a brand new in box copy for $140 shipped, but only with a postal money order. If I took a bank check, I would have to hold it a month before shipping, they are just not reliable.

Even a personal checks better than a bank check when selling online.

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/savings/you-can-t-always-trust-certified-checks.aspx

Really? I've neve had a prob with my bank checks before. Maybe because I do my banking with a small credit union. As for your offer let me talk to the wife. I'm really wanting to spend about $60-80 on a used one but if I cant find that i will let you know. We really want this set though! Thanks.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    I just purchased a used one from France on bricklink for $70 + $25 shipping and the set had NO MINIFIGS.

Just an FYI. Best of luck w your search. It's a fantastic set.

As for not using Paypal do you guys have e-transfers in the states? Emailing money is pretty slick.

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    crazycarl said:

Really? I've neve had a prob with my bank checks before. Maybe because I do my banking with a small credit union. As for your offer let me talk to the wife. I'm really wanting to spend about $60-80 on a used one but if I cant find that i will let you know. We really want this set though! Thanks.

The problem with cashiers checks is that they have become a major source of faked checks and it takes weeks for it to become known and bounce.

The details are in the link I posted.

Not saying you would do that, after all, I don't know you, but as a matter of policy, I would not take such a check. The thing with postal money orders... You can take them to the post office and they'll cash them on the spot, so no risk.

Btw, why not just pay with Paypal?
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    Two of my friends have been finacialy harmed using pay pal. I only use 1 Card for online transactions and thats all that card is for. Paypal wants a credit card and bank account. Thats why I dont even use personal checks. My account info is right on the bottom! Any way if i decide to buy your kit I will use the postal money order at your request. That is a good deal so if I dont find one used I will grab yours. Granted I have the funds for it. Thanks Carl