Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Box variation for 10219 Maersk Train [US]

Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,995
I was recently putting all my 10219 Maersk Trains together and noticed the boxes were slightly different. The boxes I had shipped to me the first week the train came out are of a slightly different shade of blue and the Lego studs go across the flap whereas the new boxes I just recently ordered do not. The manufacturing and distribution information are different as well. Is this normal?

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Yes, this is normal...

Everything from small City sets to Death Stars have these small changes.

Why? I have no idea, the contents are the same so I don't worry about it.

It isn't even different sources, there are times I've bought two sets from Amazon (not a 3rd party seller, Amazon directly), and they have had such variations.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,995
    I figured as much. I know a few years ago Lego produced Star Wars sets in blue and black boxes, but I know that's obviously different.
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    I bet the changes were made to increase the legibility of the legal notification section on the packaging.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    I have at least 3 variations of 10212.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 10,995
    Just for edification
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    pcirone said:

I have at least 3 variations of 10212.

I just received 2 of that set from Amazon, the box is different quality than the older copies of that set. It is thicker cardboard than the paper-thin versions I bought last year.

They actually came in nearly mint condition this time! :)
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    I just received 2 10221's from amazon that were both in a tremendous box (that could have held 6 SSD's) protected by a single sheet of crumpled up brown paper. They are not in nearly mint condition. :(

Amazon has the absolute worst packing department.