Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target.com: Temp price cut on SSD and Helms Deep

Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada

Comments

• Chang405Chang405 Member Posts: 81
    Helms Deep has been at that price on Amazon for a month now.
  • Thanos75Thanos75 Member Posts: 1,117
    That leaves me batting .500 on finding deals today
  • ogelogelogelogel Member Posts: 47
    Not sure if it's a deal, but TRU has Lego Technic 8043 for $160.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    With RedCard, that put a SSD right at $300 (or just slightly over), that is indeed a deal...

Just picked up 2 of them, for that price, I'll start a collection. :)
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    edited November 2012
    Definitely good price, $304 a piece with a RedCard before tax. Although, I'm concerned with this set as it's overpriced initially, it often goes on sale and I wonder will it often be sold at a 10-15% discount much like 9492 and 9493
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Decent price for Helms Deep, but it was down to $70.49 on Cyber Monday at yoyo.com. After a weak fall, the past week has been good for LEGO.
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    edited November 2012
    @LegoFanTexas, I can only get anything at Target tax free at the B&M stores by producing a tax vendor form at the time of each and every purchase, unlike Walmart who issued me a tax exempt card or Costco who keeps my tax exempt status on file in the registers. How are you buying from Target tax free online, considering amazon is cheaper once you factor in the tax? Or are you counting on deducting the tax from a future sales tax payment to your state? If the latter, are you deducting it from the current quarter's tax liability or are you waiting until the actual time of sale to deduct it like you are supposed to?

Just curious how another "legitimate" reseller is managing the annoying sales tax issues. And by legitimate I mean handling taxes (sales tax, income tax, etc.) the correct/legal way.
    @pcirone

To set up a tax exempt account, we need the following information sent to [email protected] or faxed to (800) 758-3132.

Company/organization name
    Name (Primary Purchaser)
    Street address
    City
    State
    Postal code
    Phone number
    Target.com account email address (used to place tax exempt orders)

Please include a copy of your resale certificate, exemption certification or other acceptable proof of exempt status in the state the items will be shipped. It can take 3-5 business days to process your request. Single Use Certificates and GSA Smart Pay Cards are only sufficient for single orders and need to be resubmitted for each purchase. To remain tax exempt, submit a blanket certificate.

After approval, all subsequent purchases made with the account will be tax free as long as valid proof of exemption is on file for the state(s) where items will be shipped. Additional documentation may be required if you ship to a different state.

Thanks for getting in touch. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Target.com Guest Services
    www.target.com
    The only place that won't sell to me tax free is the LEGO store, which drives me nuts because then I have to make sure I file for the credit back from them every quarter.

Even [email protected] will do tax free sales, but they won't put an exemption on account, you have to call them on the phone with the order numbers and send in a tax exemption form every single time! :(
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    Fantastic price on the SSD, nice find!
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    @pcirone Do you have issues with Target when buying in any kind of volume in the stores with the tax exempt form? Most of my Target experiences are good, but there are some managers who get a little pissy, and some stores just randomly limit. I suspect showing a tax exempt form at the time of purchase would just make this worse??

Also, do we need to file with Target ahead of time for in-store purchases and then show one of their forms at purchase? Or simply show our own tax exempt form at purchase? No worries at Target, but got the feeling it was different at Target. Thanks!
  • pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    I never had an issue at target with the form, you don't even need a manager as most cashiers know what to do and how to process the transaction.

I didn't know I could put a blanket form on file though so that will be great. In fact the manager I initially asked about making tax exempt purchases specifically said there was no way to do it, I should have known better and checked online myself.