Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Walmart: 5749 650pc Basic Building set for $15, leftover BF stock, YMMV

plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I was just at my local Walmart and it has the basic building set 5749 marked at $15 in a large display by the seperate christmas toy aisles. It is a 650 piece basic set, nothing fantastic but quite a few pieces for the money. It's listed at $49.99 at LEGO.

Comments

• pcironepcirone Long Island, NYMember Posts: 346
    Yes that was their BF Lego door buster. Great value. Almost as good as 5512 last year.
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 417
    I bought 4 for gifts... Someone on my local CL is trying to sell theirs for $35.
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    Oh, it's still available at some? Nice! I'll have to check to see if they have a couple at my local one.
  • dehnehsudehnehsu Bay Area, Calif.Member Posts: 179
    Sometimes you might have good luck and run into some stray boxes. I found Two 5749 sets (1 was resealed) at our Mountain View, Calif. Walmart 5 days after Black Friday. Last Year I found a mint 5512 a couple weeks after Black Friday marked half off at $15.
  • iancam33iancam33 Member Posts: 407
    I picked up 5. The walmart near me had a pallet full of them.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    plantman said:

I was just at my local Walmart and it has the basic building set 5749 marked at $15 in a large display by the seperate christmas toy aisles. It is a 650 piece basic set, nothing fantastic but quite a few pieces for the money. It's listed at $49.99 at LEGO.

Where do you find it at Lego?
  • plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
    @gmpirate http://shop.lego.com/en-US/ search for set 5749, comes up with a no title link - like it doesn't exist - but if you click on the line under it you get the regular page and can add to cart.
  • midwestguymidwestguy Member Posts: 41
    The price has gone up to $20 at my store.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ Yeah, picked up a dozen today and then thought about it as I was loading my car up as my total seemed too high. Went back in and sure enough they were $20. Didn't have time to go back in and not worth the trouble to go back later. Oh well . . . should at least cover my costs anyway . . .
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    I just gave two of these to my kids school today, they have a small collection of LEGO in the play room for after school activities, I figured they needed more.

You should have seen the kids, you'd have thought Santa delivered them personally! :)
    midwestguy