Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Star Wars Battle of Hoth 75014

2»

Comments

• y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^Really, though the Rieekan minifig is nice, his inclusion in this set makes about as much sense as the Viper's. Less, actually, as he's never featured in an exterior scene in the film.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    y2josh said:

^Really, though the Rieekan minifig is nice, his inclusion in this set makes about as much sense as the Viper's. Less, actually, as he's never featured in an exterior scene in the film.

After seeing Amidala turn up with the Gungan Sub, Ceremonial Leia with the Y-Wing and the assortment that came with the TIE Fighter, I made an off-hand remark that they'd "throw in the Rebel commander with this set just because it's about the only way they could" given that they left him out of the Rebel base last year.

• TwoRiderTwoRider Member Posts: 27
    Ugh. What a lazy effort. The snowspeeder is terrible; the Rebel troopers, probe droid, & snowtroopers can be gotten elsewhere; too many Pilot Lukes already. Only new thing is the General, and while he had an important role in the film, he wasn't in it that much, so I'll likely pass.
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,343
    edited December 2012
    I love just about anything Hoth related, but this is simply not that great, I like the turrets very much but the Snowspeeder is an unnecessary update and that Probe Droid looks very poor in my opinion. An underwhelming set all in all, but it is nice to see a General Rieekan Minifigure.

Now where is our UCS (and Minifigure scale) AT-AT?

@y2josh - An Ewok village is a lovely idea but would it not mostly be a tall tree with only a tiny bit of actual village? It would be interesting to see how Lego might design it though.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,009
    edited December 2012
    @CapnRex101 and @y2josh the main problem is what would you get to hit the right price point. I think anything under 2,000 parts is going to look silly that's pushing the price up very high. Plus how many children want an Ewok village? As far as I know the sets with ewoks have always sold poorly.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    If I had to guess, it would look something like the Kashyyyk set in this picture (between the Sandcrawler and Star Destroyer), only probably twice that size. And I'd expect a proper Ewok Village to be in the $120-$150 price range.

http://ow.ly/i/HJQX/original
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,343
    ^ A good point, but I think a set like that would need to be a UCS sized model to be any good in my book, perhaps even bigger than $150. I also agree with @Redbullgivesuwind on the desirability issue, there are plenty of models that I think many people (including myself) would like to see more than an Ewok village, and younger buyers are more interested in Clone Wars sets than OT models often.
  • legobulder9001legobulder9001 Member Posts: 5
    As people have said earlier, lego has already kind of sucked all of the juice out of hoth, but it still looks like a cool set. I would rather have the cannons like in older sets not the radar dish ones.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 2,009
    @Capnrex101 and @yjosh. If its twice the size of that wont be close to $150 more like $200-$250. In it you would need to have at least two sizable trees plus the house and a walk way. As well as maybe an AT-ST and some speeder bikes. Then your throwing in a few ewoks, Luke, han, R2 D2, C3P0 and one exlusive minifig in a vain attempt to make it exciting. But like I said there is nothing in there that would make it a must for kids and its way out there league price wise. Plus as Rex says most Kids want clone wars as thats what they are watching now. Which leaves adults and as we have seen we are just not a big enough market for them to justify putting out more than a few.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    edited December 2012
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Lego-STAR-WARS-Set-75014-BATTLE-OF-HOTH-Sealed-New-IN-HAND-W-6-minifigures-/300836170612?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item460b3bab74 You could have bought this set of eBay a bit since ago, the listing has more info about the hoth set such as the piece count which is only 426 pieces and it has 6 minifigures
    Edit: Some lego stores in the USA already have this set
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    I saw it on the shelf in Milwaukee. Good Hoth set for those who missed earlier offerings
  • bellybutton290bellybutton290 Member Posts: 453
    Although all seen before at least the rebel pilots and snowtroopers have got (albeit slightly) updated printing in this set.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Deadareus said:

I'll probably pick it up to add to my Hoth collection but I would have liked to seen something new with this set. Perhaps the shield generator like mentioned above.

My guess is the set will be $50 which means it will be $60 or $65 CDN. ugh. I wish Lego would come around on the pricing difference between US/CDN pricing. The dollars have been at par now for a couple of years at least.

US MSRP is indeed $49.99.

Also, the U.S. does not charge any import duty on toys and Canada does. That right there ads at least 10% before any other factors are considered.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 831
    Some toys r us also have this set, see link:
    http://www.fbtb.net/2012/12/23/ca-toysrus-sells-75014-battle-of-hoth/
  • thelegoguy421thelegoguy421 Banned Posts: 64
    Th e set is also on Amazon.com but the price is almost $80. Way overpriced.
  • BrickbaseBrickbase Member Posts: 100
    Can someone explain why sometimes the snowspeeder has got some orange elements and in other versions it has got gray elements? This set looks quite good to me, I always like any sets which are linked to Hoth. Now I also hope the price in Europe is not to high.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    Saw this at my local Lego store in Cincinnati, Ohio a few days ago. It's out there, and it is $49.99. Unfortunately I couldn't afford it....