Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Did anyone else get into LEGO after playing the video games?

Just wondering how many people might have become LEGO fans through the video games. When I first played LEGO Star Wars I was hooked and went on a binge - and I can't stop. There was just something about watching the characters running around and interacting with a LEGO world that really clicked with me. Everytime I see a new character, vehicle or building in the games all I can think is "I want that!"

Comments

• coolpixcoolpix Member Posts: 357
    I did, when I played a demo for the first LEGO Star Wars that came on a DVD from a PS2 Magazine. The demo was enought to sparkle my interest in LEGO. I only started to collect actual LEGO sets about 5 years later though. I guess I was ashamed of spending money on kids toys back then, but when my kids were born I had the perfect reason to start buying it :)
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    Not quite, but my kids have definitely got into the original movies from playing the LEGO video games first. They even watch Stars Wars and say "there's this bit from the game". Wouldn't have known who Harry Potter, Indy or Jack Sparrow were otherwise and I'm sort of expecting them to learn about LotR through the game they have for Christmas too.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited November 2012
    I use it as a way of getting 'out' of Lego. :P Every time I see "a new character, vehicle or building in the games" I try to tell myself that I do 'have' it, albeit in digital form. I know it sounds silly, but it's my way of stopping myself from spending tons on Lego. :P
  • KarrdeKarrde Member Posts: 7
    Can't say that I have. Of course some of us were into LEGO before there were vido games at all, period not just LEGO games :)

It's funny though except for a few of the original PC games I haven't touched any of them. Despite my love for most of the licences involved.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    Yes. When my brother got LSW2, I thought it sounded like the lamest thing ever. Later, bought it, then started collecting SW LEGO. That morphed into buying more and more LEGO from different themes. I've now bought all of the LEGO video games, by the way.
  • crazycarlcrazycarl USAMember Posts: 392
    Not here. Been a fan of Lego since 1986, when I got my first lego set as a kid!
  • MaskieBoyMaskieBoy Member Posts: 25
    Nope. I only have one lego video game. I kinda wish they made a ninjago game for the 360 though.
  • Dread_PirateDread_Pirate Member Posts: 184
    Im almost finished with Lego Pirates of the Caribbean and it was my love of Lego that got me into the Lego games. Now I want to build all the little minikits in actual lego... This is going to get expensive!!
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    They definitely helped get me back into LEGO but they weren't what started it. I'm sure they've been a gateway for tons of new fans though!
  • Lego_Lord_MayorcaLego_Lord_Mayorca H-Town, USAMember Posts: 484
    I'm sure Lego would be stoked to hear such testimonials...they might think they can create future games simply designed to shill new sets to kids who may not already be buying Lego sets. Then again, I hope Lego's marketing division isn't quite that...devious. Haha.