Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego Maersk Train $109 Target / Amazon in the US.

JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I saw these @ $99 the other day in Amazon and ummed too long. I ordered a couple and hopefully my mate will bring them back - maybe in pieces and packaging flat, as these are big boxes.

Don't know if anyone knows any good postal services or couriers from the States to Finland otherwise it is normal luggage :(

Good deal though before they go EOL. About £140 for the 2 (before taxes).

Comments

• itsnotmeitsnotme Member Posts: 112
    Now sold old at Target.com
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    Now $104.99 !! Would you believe it !
    Hope Amazon US have the same policy as the UK in refunding the difference if within a few days. It is amazon too not a 3rd party.
    OK chatted over the 'chat' and only had to say a couple of sentences and they amended the order. :)

Well done Amazon.com. I have to say they never do 3 for 2 but their prices and Customer Services are excellent. A few other companies who sell things over the web could learn from them!
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    SSD is 20% on Amazon right now.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693

OK chatted over the 'chat' and only had to say a couple of sentences and they amended the order. :)

Well done Amazon.com. I have to say they never do 3 for 2 but their prices and Customer Services are excellent. A few other companies who sell things over the web could learn from them!

You got lucky. Amazon ended price adjustments quite a few years ago, due to how they constantly are flexing prices up and down throughout the day on various items.
    The Maersk Train is now OOS at Walmart as well. I could be wrong, but I believe that means Amazon has the last remaining stock at RRP or better, then it's gone for good.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^was on the fence hoping amazon would drop it some more. But that bit just made me pull the trigger. At least it's under RRP and not over, like how it will be real soon. Plus I got a free Gund Teddy bear, can't argue with that :)
    Yes I didn't know and again chatted and got the FREE ted on order :)
  • dr_tengdr_teng Member Posts: 101
    Oh this is a great set, thanks for the heads up!
    Back up to RRP at Amazon US. A number of these have sold in the $140 to $160 range on Ebay in the last couple days. Crazy.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Normally I don't suggest buying a set for full retail price...

But in this case, if you don't have this set yet and you want it, go ahead and buy it.

Amazon is going to run out shortly and they have the last of this set. Then it is gone and $150+ becomes the new bottom price.
    andystar
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    Just a heads up, I was at the Times Square TRU yesterday cruising for polybags (I didn't find any) and I noticed they had an entire shelf filled with Maersk Trains. They must have had something like 20 on the shelf. If you are looking to pick multiples up, that may be the place to do so considering they are extending their BOGO 50 sale until the end of today.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 237
    TRU price is $129.99 ($10 over) and their BOGO sale does not work as there is a sign that states these sets are excluded. 1st time I have seen that sign.
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    ^ SMH. I should have never given TRU the benefit of the doubt.
  • Faedian7Faedian7 Member Posts: 50
    edited November 2012
    Just got my second Maersk train in last night. Having 2 of the sets together looks much better than just 1. In my opinion this is one of the best if not the best train sets.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    Really wish I had gotten a second Maersk train myself, but there was too much other stuff I wanted more. At least I have the one I bought this time last year along with the Red Cargo Train when I finally got back into Lego trains. I just need to add another car or two on the Maersk.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Would someone like to order this for me :-) I am in Canada and we cannot find it anymore here.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    hleonffu said:

TRU price is $129.99 ($10 over) and their BOGO sale does not work as there is a sign that states these sets are excluded. 1st time I have seen that sign.

I assume this was in store, as online it is BOGO but of course there is none in stock.

Lego Maersk train

• hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 237
    @Basta that was not the case on Monday. It seems that TRU changed their mind recently by allowing exclusives into the deal. At the Times Square store, they call it "Collectors Corner". Go figure with TRU.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    BOGO50% on Maersk Train seems to have been enabled just as they ran out of stock of it.

Go figure! :)