Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] 30% off at b&n

sipmart242sipmart242 Member Posts: 41
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Seen ad online now thru 11/25 also says bogo 50% on "educational" toys and games don't know if Lego applies. The 30% off is on any one item.

Comments

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Hmmm, I wonder if that means no 50% off this year. Where do you see the ad?
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,961
    Eh. If this is it, then it confirms my suspicion that they would have nowhere near as good of a coupon as they did last year. The last few years, I had plenty of 30% coupons before Black Friday.

Checking my email, I have yet to see anything from them. Yesterday, I had a mail saying to watch today for an email for great savings.

Sidersdd, I did see the coupon posted on deal sites already, but I assume this should hit email boxes as well.
    ^ thanks. I found it. It's not valid in-store until Friday, so that leads me to believe this is indeed their Black Friday deal for toys. Hopefully it stacks with their clearance items.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/print_nav.asp?pid=45698
  • staffmarkstaffmark Member Posts: 44
    Why do you guys think most of these deals are let downs this year? I just sense the general public is starting to realize how hot Lego is...am I right, and do you think that's it- that these retailers are starting to realize that they can move Lego with minimal discount these days?
    edited November 2012
    I wouldn't call it a let down, but the deals aren't as sweet as last year. TRU had BOGO's left and right this time last year. B&N had 30% and 40% coupons quite often (and 50% off on BF).

I think the economy, or at least the outlook on the economy, is better this year, and thus the sales are not as deep. If it turns out the product doesn't move at the sales which we're currently getting, then I would anticipate greater clearance sales post-Xmas.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    sidersdd said:

I think the economy, or at least the outlook on the economy, is better this year, and thus the sales are not as deep. If it turns out the product doesn't move at the sales which we're currently getting, then I would anticipate greater clearance sales post-Xmas.

I'd say these retailers have found that they don't have to discount Lego that much to move it. Just look at all the people crowding the Lego isles at TRU during their deceptive sales.

Also, I think people like us have influenced what they are doing now. Seems most of us move in and "just" buy up the discounted sets and that's it. No money to be made if we are not adding other items on.
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    slickdealer reported that coupon works with Big Bentley Bust Out 8639. $34.27 + tax with free shipping. Not a bad deal.
    gmpirate said:

sidersdd said:

I'd say these retailers have found that they don't have to discount Lego that much to move it. Just look at all the people crowding the Lego isles at TRU during their deceptive sales.

Also, I think people like us have influenced what they are doing now. Seems most of us move in and "just" buy up the discounted sets and that's it. No money to be made if we are not adding other items on.
    I guess I don't have enough data points. Every where I go (Target, Walmart, TRU, LEGO Store, Barnes and Noble) I see lots of product on the shelves. And I'm not talking about just recently to ramp up for the holiday. The only exception is Ninjago. It's been gobbled up all year, and they can't stock it fast enough. The manager at the Indy LEGO store said she has a ton of Star Wars stock, and she assumed it would be on sale for BF.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    sidersdd said:

I wouldn't call it a let down, but the deals aren't as sweet as last year. TRU had BOGO's left and right this time last year. B&N had 30% and 40% coupons quite often (and 50% off on BF).

The economy might be better, but the outlook is probably the worst it's been in years. Stores are just realizing they don't have to discount as much as in the past.

If the stores are wrong, it just means better after-Xmas sales for us.

• hassmysterhassmyster Member Posts: 34
    Man i remember the 40% off coupons last year, man I had a holly jolly christmas because of it. I wish they would do more of that.
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    The fine print on the 30% off coupon says that it won't work with other promotions or coupons. So, technically it isn't supposed to stack. My son and I were both hoping for the 50% off a toy/game sale again. Oh well.
  • Dread_PirateDread_Pirate Member Posts: 184
    Funny thing is around here Lego at TRU WM and Target have trouble moving the new Ninjago sets. The older ones that were not vehicle based were fast movers but the new ones not so much. Here the SW and City move pretty good and MF is doing OK. LoTR small sets seem to be moving while Mines of Moria and Helms Deep are similar to the Ninjago vehicles. Some one found a AC set in the back room and put it on the shelf last night. It was a $35 set and they had it for $20