Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Lego [email protected] Shipping Confusion

Hey everyone,

Not positive this is the right category, so admins, if it belongs in another section, please move it. I was wondering if any one else has had tracking number confusion from [email protected] I just received a shipping confirmation from [email protected] today regarding an order I placed on Sat. November 17, 2012 (wanted to get the holiday set). Anyway, I followed the tracking number and FedEx shows that my order was delivered on September 15, 2011 to an address in Shelby, North Carolina. I live in Idaho--clear across the country, let alone the wrong year, lol. Then I went and checked the order status. It shows that tracking number and another one. So I check the other tracking number. It says that my order was delivered to an address in Lynden, Washington on September 17, 2011. Well, that's a bit closer at least. Has anyone else had similar problems? In particular, after the online VIP promotion on Sat.? My last order in Oct. came through without any problems on the tracking number. I just sent an e-mail to [email protected], and am waiting to hear back from them tomorrow.

Comments

• beabea Member Posts: 227
    They recycle tracking numbers. It probably just means your package has not been picked up or updated in their system yet. It's happened to me before with other vendors.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ This... That is exactly what happens...

FedEx and UPS have various bits of info in their tracking numbers, they are not random and they do get reused, but not for awhile. A year apart is generally plenty of time to reuse a number.

And yes, I think sooner or later they'd just add a few digits to the list, that would enable them to never have to reuse them again, or at least in our lifetimes, but I imagine it would be expensive to change.

Kinda like the change from IPv4 to IPv6. Painful, but once done, should be good for a very long time. Of course, the same was said about IPv4 once... :)
  • RykeerRykeer Member Posts: 34
    I thought that might be the case. With all the orders that I've done over the years online from various places and with various shipping methods, this is the first time I've seen it. Anyway, just thought I'd check on it. But then, I don't do as many orders or shipping as others.