The forum is now at http://forum.brickset.com. Please update your bookmarks.
Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.
You must be 16 or over to participate in the Brickset Forum. Please read the announcements and rules before you join.

10214 Tower Bridge Batch Numbers - HELP URGENTLY NEEDED!!

I'd like to ask a big favour.
If you own Tower Bridge from Amazon.it bought in July 2012 when it was on a big discount and if you still have the box, could you please let me know what was the batch number of this set. It is printed on two clear seals used to close the box.
I need it to "identify" 6 TB stolen from my office. They've been located by Police and now I have to prove that they're mine as if I didn't leave any fingerprints on my boxes.

Please PM me the batch number if you can find it - - only if you got it from amazon.it in July 2012

Do you have any idea if TLG would have and could provide batch numbers of orders sent to amazon.it before the sale took place? Or is it bit of a long shot?

Regards
Lucas

Comments

• nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited November 2012
    Sorry, I'm unable to assist you with your request.

However, I wanted to say this: Virtually no one is going to have the batch number on the box logged in their records. For the police to insist that you have this information is a little silly imo. An Amazon receipt, in addition to other circumstantial information, should be sufficient proof that the sets belong to you.

Very glad to hear your sets were located, and I hope you can convince the police to give you your sets back!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    If you haven't had any luck with this maybe you could contact Lego, they must have a fraud department or something like that which deals with law enforcement or legal issues, they could probably confirm whether or not batches with those Lot # were distributed to Amazon.it As a public safety professional with a long close working relationship with one of the largest police departments in the world I can tell you I find it very odd that they would come up with the fact that your fingerprints are not on the boxes. I would imagine the quite simple explanation isn't your handling with rubber gloves, but that you kept them stored in the boxes they were shipped in until they were stolen. Good luck!
  • bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 631
    What I meant is that I have told them that they could easily prove that these are mine just by checking for my prints on the boxes. This must be to much hassle for them.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Yeah, they don't really check fingerprints. Maybe if one had been used as a murder weapon =-) If you reported them missing why are they having an issue returning them to you?
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,283
    The batch number is not unique so can't definitively establish that the sets were yours. You could find out what the batch number should be, and it may match the reclaimed boxes, but that still doesn't prove they were yours.

Moreover, I would caution about offering that as an approach because Amazon might have been shipping stock from multiple batches and your information might be incomplete.

I echo what nkx1 said that the circumstantial information already present (your report of sets missing, these sets are found in a suspicious manner) should be the focus of attempts to establish ownership.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 16,666
    I cannot help but good luck - I hope you get them back.

I assume you are not going to sell them as MISB if they are covered in your finger prints!
    :-)
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 928
    You reported 6 TB stolen, they located 6 TB that police say are stolen.....that's a coincidence. Now, just provide the police with a receipt showing the 6 TB your purchased from Amazon.
  • doomer72doomer72 Member Posts: 36
    I maybe able to help you,i bought TB from amazon.it a few months back. I will not be able to check until tomorrow but if you still need help i will message you then .
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 802
    I'm sorry that I can't help but have you contacted amazon.it and asked them to see if they knew what the batch numbers were, I hope you get them back though
  • DwarfSleepyDwarfSleepy Member Posts: 20
    I'm not sure if this helps. I bought multiple TB's in multiple orders from amazon.it over the summer when they had their nice pricing. From 4 that I have left I can see already three different batch numbers: 18S2, 25S2 and 29S2