Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Target: 60% off 7962 Podracers 11/18-11/21

2»

Comments

• kekekeke Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    I went my local target store there is only one left
    so grab that and show the ad bcuz price over $80
    but they deny to give that price.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Why?
  • murroughmurrough Member Posts: 59
    KeKe I was denied as well, in Columbus OH. I was told that b/c the ad said Reg. Price 39.99 the set didn't qualify, even after I pointed out the picture. She was nice enough to point out that is was 5 dollars off. Second time in a row that Target has not honored their ads when I came in. I also had meijer deny to price match.....but as always Walmart came through, I am not sure why I try elsewhere anymore.
  • kekekeke Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2012
    the target started BS because of the price and they are not nice to me.
    I called my local TRU and ask about price match, they told me I have to bring original circulars only.So I brought it she seems like hate looking but I got it!

• sipmart242sipmart242 Member Posts: 41
    Walmart matched here but gave me a little crap about the$39.99 reg price. But matched none the less. But I think I know why because I found myself with about $50.00 worth of other really great deals. Just went for Lego though.:)
  • 51_Fifty51_Fifty Member Posts: 9
    I just grabbed two of them from the Walmart in Buena Park Ca. I used lightshot to take a screen shot and print the ad, the manager took one look and did the price override no questions asked.

This was the only store Target or Walmart within 50 miles that confirmed on the phone they had these in stock, when I got to the store 20 min. later they were nowhere to be found. I had to get a employee to manually check the inventory with his hand scanner to find them "in the back". On the phone they confirmed six but they would only bring out the three I said I wanted to buy. I bought two and left the third for someone else to grab.

If you live in So. Cal they have four more in Buena Park so get them quick cuz they are the only ones I could confirm to actually be in store within 50 miles!!!
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Went to TRU tonight, walked halfway, realized i forgot the flier, figured it wasn't gonna happen and kept going, didn't find anything else but one Podracer set was there... walked home and back to get the flier and they DID honor the price match. Best part was i spied like 4 boxes of CMF Series 5 and when I asked about buying some was told they're for some promo but the manager just handed me one. How sweet is that?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^Wow, are you sure that was at TRU? :-)
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430
    That's definately not a TRU in my area..... I was big time denied yesterday...
  • krklintkrklint Member Posts: 503
    I scored 3 of the podracers this morning (Tuesday Nov 20th) for $30 each. rang up at that price... didn't have to fight with Target!
  • ravendragonwingravendragonwing Member Posts: 149
    Picked up 2 at TRU in Emeryville last night, no issues (strange looks, but that was it). There was 1 left on the shelf when I left!
    I'll be going store-hopping this evening, to check and see if I can price match anywhere :)
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 981
    I was able to get the last wal Mart In the Raleigh NC area that I didnt check to price match with no difficulty.
    @Joseph @ludzik I took a chance figuring worst they could say was no or make a counter offer. They were actually really nice, i've been trying to develop a rapport with some of the staff there and I think it's starting to pay off...

• bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 780
    Nice work Bill!
    yo easy with the government! i'm "Strawberry Alarmclock" on here, remember?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,366
    Happened across this 'fine print' in Target's latest ad: "Pricing, promotions, and availability may vary by location and online. Descriptive, typographic and photographic errors are subject to correction and Target shall have no liability for such errors." Seems a bit much, I think if you are sloppy enough to price the $90 set for $30 you should own up and honor that. I really respected Walmart for sticking with the $39 Mine a month or so ago.
    Still interesting how at some Target stores people couldn't get the price, but at the store nearest me, 7962 was showing up, in system, at $30. I revisited the store last night, and they had another on the shelf - still at $30. Looking at the parts list, don't really need anything for my personal builds... but since my store didn't argue :)
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    edited November 2012
    ^^ All store flyers have that fine print, including the Walmart one.
    ^ When did you first get one form Target? I'm guessing that it took them a day or two before they noticed the error and then they corrected the system for it.
    I bought 3 of them on Tuesday morning (10:40 eastern time) and then a 4th one on Wednesday (10 pm eastern time). This really was an odd one, since the price rang up at $30 in some stores and other stores had the $85 sales price ringing up.

So, different ring-up prices depending on stores, but prices were matching either the $30 price or the $85 price, depending on the stores.