Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Is there a way to delete activity comments?

cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
edited November 2012 in Forum Operation
You know the comments people can write on your profile (normally because they've not seen the PM button)? Is there a way to delete them. its just that I like to keep the little red numbers next to by inbox and in particular name low or away. It used to be easy, just click on my name and it was done. But since someone has posted a comment I now have to click my name and then click on notifications. I know its a small thing, just an extra click - but its annoying.

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    In the activity feed of your profile, if you hover over the top right corner of the message, I think an 'x' will appear to delete it. The reason I say 'I think' is because it's showing up for me, but I'm not certain if it's available for regular members.

But there's an easier way to eliminate the red notification. From your profile page, look at the right-hand navigation menu and you'll see a "Notifications" link. If you visit that, it will consider all your notifications seen. Alternately, you can try accessing this URL: http://www.bricksetforum.com/profile/notifications

All this is for the desktop version. I don't have my mobile next to me at the moment to check. The URL should at least work, though.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    ^Thanks, but yep that must be an admin/mod function as the 'X' doesn't happen.

Yep, I know I can click on the notification link but its just not as nice experience as going straight to the notifications when you click on your name (with the red number icon) which is what you would expect it to do after all.
  • tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163
    Sorry to hijack but WTF is the "Activity" tab for? I click on it and all I see are random messages like "Welcome Aboard".
    ^Don't be. The activity tab is pulling together every bodies 'activity'. Your own activity then appears on your profile. I guess the idea is to make something kind of facebooky but the forum has probably grown too big for it to be an interesting feature.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    I asked the same thing here ...
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/7417/changing-user-names#latest

And a mod did it for me.

It does seem a little crazy you cannot do it yourself.
    Thanks CCC, could someone delete the one comment on my page please. ;)