Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Exclusive offers for VIPs for one day only (tomorrow - 17th Nov)

monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,939
edited December 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I had an email from Lego proclaiming exclusive VIP early access to offers for tomorrow only - any idea what these might be? Hopefully not some lame minifig collection exclusive to VIPs only.

Comments

• monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,392
    yeah, got that as well, when you click through it doesn't show anything, my guess is there might be some discount offers tied to what is going on in the stores but I wouldn't have thought much, maybe just a chance to get the exclusive set early or something
  • JohnnyfinlandiaJohnnyfinlandia Member Posts: 358
    I heard 25% discount off the Haunted House and 25% off the Winter Cottage .. or was I dreaming :D

Realistically it might be something to do with the Winter range with the free winter set, and yes hopefully NOT some lame minifig collection ;)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Last year, for the one day on-line VIP event, it was free shipping for orders over $50, free 2011 holiday set (part 2 of 2) for orders over $100, and 10% off for orders over $150.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    Can only imagine that it's some variation on what they are planning in store tomorrow morning. Speaking to them in store last weekend, it didn't seem like there had been many RSVPs, although I think they expect more to turn up.

If there's a certain amount of budget to throw at it, it may be a relatively late "tactical" decision to cast the net a little wider to boost sales.
  • JT32JT32 BasingstokeMember Posts: 124
    ^ yeah you're probably right.

So am I best spending my VIP points tomorrow or waiting until next Friday to see if they have different/better offers?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Be careful using VIP points as it may prevent you getting the holiday set. I assume you can't get to a store - as the scratch discounts may be better and i assume you'll be able to get both the holiday set and pick a brick box.

If the discounts are amazing its possible they'll run out of stock of something, in which case buy now. But that seems unlikely and from the wording it seems that the discounts will be the same on Saturday and Friday.
  • JT32JT32 BasingstokeMember Posts: 124
    I've not been invited to a store tomorrow so like you say unless it's an amazing offer I just wait until the 23rd where I can either go to a store or buy online.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    @cheshirecat the VIP event on Sat will most likely not feature the better Black Friday 25% sales. I could be wrong as I am sure alot of invited VIP's were upset over this last year, but then obviously there would be no stock left for the actual BF sale. I would imagine a few thousand regular shoppers would trump 30-40 invited VIP's, but again TLG may think differently. I personally would wait until BF where you are guaranteed 10% off plus a chance at some sets at 25% off.
    ^ Agree, thats my take on it too (it makes no retail sense as they're already in the store and will probably come back for deals the following friday as well). But if we wake up tomorrow and there's 25% off the haunted house online it might be best not to wait.
  • Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 654
    Is this only a USA thing right now? I have not recieved anything and I am in Canada.

Someone mentioned free shipping over $50.00. Not sure if that is it as they are already promoting that on the [email protected] site, well at least for us Canucks.
    UK too.
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    Still nothing for Poland as always. Yay!
  • MarkeyMarkey Member Posts: 69
    I got my VIP email, I'm located in Belgium. Very curieus to see what it is.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    Question for those who have got the email does it tell you what the offers are?

• alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 522
    No. It takes you to a web page which looks like it will be populated with the details of the deal at the appropriate time. There is then a link to browse now which takes you to a list of new items.
  • purple_hazepurple_haze Member Posts: 95
    ^Nope, i'm guessing that its probably the same offers as the ones advertised for later in the month.
  • jimmyp1982jimmyp1982 Eastbourne, UKMember Posts: 61
    Not yet, there is a link but that just takes you through to a holding page until (I imagine) the offers become live tomorrow.
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    Guess what I did a bit of asking around and I have the full offer details:

For UK VIP members as follows:

10% off orders of £100 or more
    FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with orders of £50 or more
    FREE Shipping on orders of £25 or more
    All offers can be combined
    Valid: Nov 17th 12am GMT – 11:59:59pm GMT
    Must be a registered VIP Member
    For USA and Canadar VIP members as follows:

10% off orders of $149 or more
    FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with orders of $99 or more
    FREE Shipping on orders of $49 or more
    All offers can be combined
    Valid: Nov 17th 12am EST – 11:59:59pm EST
    Must be a registered VIP Member

Source: http://brickfanatics.co.uk/vip-early-access/
    Cam_n_Stu
  • JBricks27JBricks27 Member Posts: 675
    Very disappointing
    thornie
    Very nice...thanks! I know exactly what I am going for.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,288
    so... will this be be better, equal or worse than real BF?
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    Here's the link - set list not active yet.

shop.lego.com/en-US/Black-Friday-VIP

The real BF should have some sets discounted to 25%. The risk is some of the more popular sets may not make it to 25% if they sell out tomorrow. It appears this online sale is the same as what the invitees will be getting minus the PAB box.

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    ^exactly! And now i'm thinking hardly why shall i go to the Lego-store tomorrow morning (after a night-shift!!!) and attend to the VIP-shopping event?!?
  • DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    I did not get the invite to the Lego Store event tomorrow. I called my local store and was told by the manager that the in-store deals will be exactly the same as what is available online.
    Reasons (as I see it) for going to the VIP store event tomorrow, if you received the invite:

(1) Chance to get more than 10% off via random card
    (2) Free swag - PaB box, poster, and tote bag
    (3) No fighting for parking spot or waiting in lines
    (4) An hour to chit-chat with store employees and fellow AFOLs
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264

Be careful using VIP points as it may prevent you getting the holiday set.

Wait.. What?

If I order $100 worth but use $65 in VIP points I no longer get the Holiday Gift?

Please say it ain't so!?

Sincerely,

First time BF shopper as an AFOL
    ^ It's so. You have to spend $100 in real money.
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    Deadareus said:

Be careful using VIP points as it may prevent you getting the holiday set.

Wait.. What?

If I order $100 worth but use $65 in VIP points I no longer get the Holiday Gift?

Please say it ain't so!?

Sincerely,

First time BF shopper as an AFOL
    It ain't so. Does not matter if you use VIP points - order total is $100, you get the gift.
    Deadareus
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,667

Depends on your viewpoint.
    The main difference is that there will likely NOT be any BF sale sets available at those prices (20-25% off or greater) But for those that like the idea of getting the holiday set, and also a chance at a scratch card whereas they would need to try to fight through BF crowds to normally do so, it is a plus.

Also keep in mind that many of the sets that may be listed during the BF sale may not be available anyway at the stores, and only online.
    I know that the store by me has no Maersk Trains or MMVs. They may still have Technic Excavators but that will only be nice if they are on sale.. and even then it makes more sense for me to buy at home anyway, as I pay about 4% cheaper sales tax in my county that where my LEGO store is located

edited November 2012
    ^^ YMMV. It may not be the case on-line, but I had it happen to me once at the LEGO store this year. The employee told me if I used VIP points it would bring me under the $75 threshold (I think it was for the MF car freebie). They told me it was a new policy. A couple of weeks later a different employee gave it to me no problem, even though I actually used more points and brought it further under the threshold.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    Lego has really smartened up this year. Running pre BF promos will clear out quite a bit of EOL stock at 10% off. They will still have larger discounts on BF, but Lego is betting people will jump now at 10% instead of risking the wait to see greater discounts in case things sell out. This pockets Lego more money in the long run.

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    @sidersdd
    I get your points,BUT
    1.it seems not really likely to get more than 10%
    2.i'm attending the store in Cologne/Germany,i have no idea if these swag things will handed out here (besides the PaB box)
    3.since it seems like the online VIP-thing appears to have the same offerings i wouldn't even have to drive to the store and i could easy order from home
    4.ok you're right on this one;)

It's no big deal since i'm happy if everyone get some special-deals/swag! But when i've received my invitation i felt somehow special and thought that i can be really glad i was choosen! Well the closer the event the more i feel like it's not even really worth to attend:(
    SiE
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    idk about anyone elses VIP invite, but the one i just got in my Email, said that the deals was good for online only.
    Obviously the big benefit of the online sale is multiple orders will get you multiple xmas sets. Instore it is one per customer. The big benefit of going instore is the chance to get a 20% or 50% off ticket. Why not do both, and a third time on BF?
    edited November 2012
    ^^ There are other invites that people received in the postal mail, inviting them to the physical LEGO Store for an hour event. It should be the same deals as on-line, but at the in-store event you get some extra swag and a chance at 20%-50% off (like on Black Friday).
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    ^^ yep. my email states, offers online only

Obviously the big benefit of the online sale is multiple orders will get you multiple xmas sets. Instore it is one per customer.

Yep, agreed.
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Not necessarily. They may still state "one per household". When they had that free game offer for talk like a pirate day, didn't they only ship one per household, even if folks placed multiple orders?

However, I'm glad they're offering this online. You couldn't pay me to go into the mall on BF so I'm glad I'll get a chance to pick up the set without resorting to the secondary market.
  • avoiceoreasonavoiceoreason Member Posts: 224
    ^ They actually didn't send me any of the free games for the pirate day promotion. I remembered this just he other day and called to ask about it. I had placed two orders that day. So yesterday I get home, and there are four Pirate Plank games waiting for me.

Go figure.
  • Jonn420Jonn420 Member Posts: 267
    thanks sidersdd,...my invite also says that its a special offer to get "Brick Friday" deals now , early.....so going off this im assuming that THIS is the Lego Black Friday deal.
  • ThisIsMyCupThisIsMyCup Member Posts: 156
    does anyone know if these deals will go live at 12:01am est online for the 11/17/12 sale?
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    edited November 2012
    EDIT: good question @thisismycup
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    Got the email as well. Anyone recall what sets were listed on that page with regular prices?
    edited November 2012
    I think people are looking far too much into this, at least if last year was an indicator. NO BF 'deals'(sale prices) were to be had until actual BF.
    You get the scratch cards and option of the holiday set and a PaB Box but that was it.

Now I guess anything is possible and that they will also offer the LEGO sets, that they will 'clearance/sale' on BF, at a discount but I do not see how they could do it. Mainly because at the store they have to put a sale sticker on every box to reflect its BF price and then have to remove them when the store opens normally and I doubt they are going to remove every sticker once the event it over. I guess they could palletize each deal, but again Im just saying to not expect this to be done IMO.
    As for Online, I do not believe it will be any better than the actual store event
    sidersdd
    ^ agreed. This is the gist I got from the store manager as well. It's just like last year except they are throwing in two new freebies for the in-store event - an "exclusive" poster, and a tote bag.

The only other *potential* news the manager provided me with was to say they have been receiving large shipments of sets they don't normally receive large amounts of, and she was surmising that those *might* be the 25% off deals for BF. She didn't know which deals were for BF, and wouldn't tell me which sets they were getting large numbers of. I don't think the large quantities correlates necessarily with them being BF deals. TLG may just be beefing up on sets they anticipate will be big sellers for the holiday.
    I wonder if its this tote bag...

shop.lego.com/en-US/preschool?icmp=SHHomeTodaysOffer_ToteBagGWP

It appears to have a section that zippers off. Anyone have one of these that can share what the little section is intended for?
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    @madforLEGO according to the employee I spoke to today on the phone the BF deals will be available to VIP event attendees tomorrow.
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 522
    Is this offer available to VIPs in Australia / New Zealand? If it is, perhaps you could have a look now and let us know ...

@madforLEGO according to the employee I spoke to today on the phone the BF deals will be available to VIP event attendees tomorrow.

Interesting, I'll believe it when I see it though :-)