Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Black Pearl back in stock at Amazon.com - $99.99

LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
This has been out of stock and hard to find, new shipment in, probably last one for the holidays.

If you have been waiting on this one, I wouldn't wait longer, while it is full RRP, that will seem like a bargin 6 months from now. :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZFF3CQ/
Renny

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,262
    I've already got a few but I'm hoping that the 10+ of them at my local WMs go 50% or more in the days after christmas.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Thank you for the heads up :)
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Isn't this going to the a black Friday deal at one of the big box stores for $75? Target?

• lannyjacklannyjack Member Posts: 39
    Thanks for the heads up. Even though Target has it on Black Friday for $75, I have never found one at my store and Amazon just might be easier.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    edited November 2012
    Is a good option for folks like me who avoid stores on black Friday. No deal is worth facing those crowds personally.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^^ That's weird, all of the Targets around me (I have like 10+) them restocked the BP for Thanksgiving. Granted, fighting the crowd is another issue :).
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    I am banking on Amazon price matching it at $75 during Black Friday
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ they might not have to if this is the last batch.
  • lannyjacklannyjack Member Posts: 39
    What's Target's price matching policy for sale items? Could you pick up the set a week before Black Friday, and bring in the receipt to be refunded for the difference?
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    Interesting that this is the ship retailers are bringing back over QAR. First Target, now Amazon.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    bea said:

Isn't this going to the a black Friday deal at one of the big box stores for $75? Target?

Yes, each Target will have a few cases of this for Black Friday at $75.

However, the question becomes, is it worth fighting BF crowds hoping to get 1, or just buy one now from Amazon and not worry about it? :)

The time to fight for bargins on this set has passed. True, it has been cheaper in the past, but this is also the last inventory left, so once this is gone, it is gone.
  • littlerobinlittlerobin Member Posts: 17
    My Target has it now for $99 too. So it is the same price with Amazon ?
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012
    You won't have to fight crowds to get it at Target. Stores are literally getting 100-200 each; and just like every year with their Black Friday LEGO specials, they will be stacked in the asile ends on clearance in January.

It is arguably a more popular set this year than in the past; but in the past even Star Wars BF specials - at much better prices - lingered around into January.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    Interesting that Target picked Black Pearl for their "black" friday deal. You would expect a more recent set to go on sale.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Hmm think I will wait for Amazon to pricematch Target BF price on this set then order.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,667
    lannyjack said:

What's Target's price matching policy for sale items? Could you pick up the set a week before Black Friday, and bring in the receipt to be refunded for the difference?

Check with the front desk at your local Target. I have done this in the past, gone to the Target the Wednesday before and buy and go back to the front desk to get the price difference, but not sure if all Targets agree to price match on BF deals.
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    edited November 2012
    Actually, the Black Friday LEGO sets at Target have always been sets that were near the end of their lifecycle. Black Pearl happens to already be discontinued by LEGO, but it's not unprecedented: in 2008, #6211 Imperial Star Destroyer was chosen, and had been discontinued for half a year.