Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Technic 9396: Rescue Helicopter - About $78 shipped to the US from Amazon.uk (35% off MSRP)

nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just though I'd pass along this deal in case anyone was looking for #9396. Considering Toys R Us and Lego direct are the only way to buy 2012 Technic sets, $78 shipped is a very good price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-Technic-9396-Rescue-Helicopter/dp/B006ZS4SHC/ref=sr_1_18?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1353006795&sr=1-18

Math is as follows:
Sale price is £52.49. When added to the cart, the price reduces to £43.74 + £4.95 shipping = £48.69. At the current conversion rate of 1.59, that works out to just under $78 shipped or 35% off of the $120 MSRP. Your credit card company may or may not charge a foreign transaction fee, sometimes up to 3%.

Comments

• JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Thank you! My husband worked on one just like this so I had to get it for him, doubt it will get much better than this :).
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,653
    @nkx1, thanks for the tip, first order to Amazon UK let's see how that go ;-)
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,262
    Mine converted to $80.17.

We had a MH-60 helicopter in our parking lot here at work a couple weeks ago, which I believe is the style this is meant to represent. Pretty cool to drive up and randomly see one just sitting in a parking lot.
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 467
    Are my eyes deceiving me.

This US bricksetters suggesting buying LEGO from a UK site and it is cheaper than the US.

This Cannot be.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    edited November 2012
    ^ this happens from time to time. Most recently with the cargo train and ninjago fire temple from the uk, and HP the burrows from France.

The main problem is the condition of the items when they finally arrive a month later... Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 417
    Thanks, got one. With Toysrus monopolizing Technic sets, you probably won't see a good of a deal as this.
  • mountebankmountebank Member Posts: 1,237
    Would Amazon.es be a little bit cheaper for this set?
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    Just received my #9396 via UPS. Set is MISB- very happy! Can't ask for much more than that- 35% off and shipped to me in under a week.

I can't believe how fast the set arrived to me in California, shipped from the UK. I ordered last Wednesday (the day before I posted this deal). I received this set in less time than it took Amazon to ship me the #4202 Mining Truck from Arizona.
    ^ I ordered on Thursday and it came today too. Very impressed, shipping box was a bit beaten up but the LEGO box was fine.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,262
    ^ Same here. Outer box beat up but LEGO box was fine. Got it today. Going to wait to build it till I can order the power functions parts for it. Didn't think to see if it had that capability when I ordered.
    ^Oh, I knew it didn't I'm just hoping he can use the PF parts from one of his other sets.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,653
    Also arrived on Monday, wow that was fast... We have a pattern, beaten shipping box, but LEGO box was padded on all sides and is in great shape. Thanks again @nkx1, please post other deals when you see them :), TRU being exclusive for Technic makes it hard to get deals.