Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Maersk Train 10219 for $104.99

ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,653
Not great but not bad ...
Maersk Train 10219

Comments

• Nadana86Nadana86 Member Posts: 65
    Especially when you look at European prices since the train has sold out everywhere..
  • PenguinoMFPenguinoMF Member Posts: 4
    It was in my Gold Box too so I was able to get in for just under $100. Thanks!
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409

Not great but not bad ...
    Maersk Train 10219

Thanks for the heads up, 2 more on the way to me. :)

I think that is a very good price, you might or might not find one on BF, this set is already getting scarce.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,503
    ^^ I'm kinda new to the amazon thing. What's a gold box? Also, Lego [email protected] has this for 107.98, for only $3 I think I would rather have my points.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 950
    ^^ Agree...cheaper to buy at [email protected] Amazon shopping was the way to go before TX folks had to pay taxes.
  • 111ins111ins Member Posts: 265
    I just got the free amazon trial for shipping, do most of you think it is worth the extra $69 a year?
    Ordered a bunch of mmv a couple maersk's and a VW
  • cbaker1974cbaker1974 Member Posts: 150
    111ins said:

I just got the free amazon trial for shipping, do most of you think it is worth the extra $69 a year?
    Ordered a bunch of mmv a couple maersk's and a VW

I've had Prime for several years now...I love being able to order even low-dollar items and have them show up in a day or 2, especially non-perishable grocery items. I always hated looking for useless fillers for free shipping. I wouldn't get it if I just used it to buy LEGO as usually most sets qualify for free shipping, but would recommend if you are looking to do more everyday purchasing.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,665
    I do not think that paying 69 dollars a year is enough to justify getting it quicker, but that is just me.. Maybe around the Holidays, but I just do my shopping eariler.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    There are other benefits to prime, such as a pretty large library of streaming video.
    That, and it does change the way you use Amazon.

Instead of waiting a week for items, they often arrive 24-48 hours after you order.

I often can order something on Wednesday night and have it Friday morning. That isn't 2 day shipping, that it about 36 hour delivery from time of clicking "order" to having the items in my grubbly little hands.

All of a sudden, it becomes easier to buy something from Amazon than it does to make a special trip to Walmart or Home Depot. We get our air filters for the house from Amazon, rather than Home Depot, just as an example.

Prime allows you to never worry about hitting $25 purchase price, it lets you get items super fast, and the streaming videos are just a nice plus.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,665
    ^-- Oh without a doubt, I have used the 30 days trial before and it is nice, but not nice enough to warrant paying 69 dollars, but again that is just me.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    @madforLEGO For me, Amazon Prime's value only became apparent after using it. As @LegoFanTexas mentioned: it becomes a replacement for regular shopping. I order gloves from there not only more cheaply than the local store, but I save the travel time and shopping time, and it arrives a day and a half later.

And I know this was talked about A LOT on some other thread, so I will tread lightly here: but for me, the time vs money thing really works out in this equation. It's hard for me to find an hour to shop for gloves, or a thousand other things I buy on Amazon.
    ^ Agreed... So far this year, I have 546 orders placed on Amazon. That isn't items, it is orders, probably 4,000+ items have been purchased on Amazon this year since so often I end up with multiple items per order.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VN9HRE/

That is an example of an item that is cheaper and easier to buy at Amazon than it is to find in a local shop, delivered to our door for $5.95.

So for us, it makes Prime an easy decision, the yearly price divided by the number of items we buy, it might be 3 or 5 cents an item.

And no, LEGO sets do not make up most of that. ;)

Paper towels, crackers, peanut butter, air filters, bath salts, diapers, you name it, we buy it from Amazon. And that ignores the obvious stuff like toner cartridges, batteries, computer parts, Blu-Rays, books, etc.
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    If anyone is interested in trying Prime then Amazon is now offering it at $7.99 per month. If you have a discovercard then you can also get 1 day shipping free until 12/15. This is a great way to try it out for the Xmas season without making a full year commitment.
    brickupdate
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    The streaming video was the deciding factor for my family. We actually cancelled satellite once we got Amazon Prime.
  • AmberylAmberyl Member Posts: 193
    Agreed with the folks above who said that Prime changed the way that they used Amazon. It became a replacement for a lot of our routine shopping for the household, usually at lower cost and much greater convenience that going to Target and so on.
  • RTORTO Member Posts: 65
    A little known benefit of having a .edu email address is free prime for a month, then $39.99 per year for four years. I have a .edu (as does my wife), so we're set for $39.99 / yr Prime for the next 7 years.