Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

2013 Superheroes

kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 822
edited December 2012 in Collecting
Just found this interesting news about the iron man and superman sets release dates (wether it's true or not I hope you guys over here could help me know)
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Legosuperheroesfan/Man_of_Steel_and_IM3_set_news#comm-253433

Also the superheroes sets that are coming out in January are as follows:

The Bat vs bane tumbler chase
Arkham asylum
Aquaman on ice
Spiderman cycle chase
Spiderman daily bugle showdown

I hope you guys over here could help me out on some of the prices aswell as the release dates for the iron man and superman sets thanks

Comments

• kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 822
    76000 DC Universe : Arctic Batman vs. Mr.Freeze – Aquaman on Ice (26.99 €) – January 2013
    76001 DC Universe : Batman vs. Bane – Chase with Tumbler (44.99 €) – January 2013
    76002 DC Universe : Superman – Metropolis Showdown (44.99 €) – May 2013
    76003 DC Universe : Superman – Battle of Smallville (44.99 €) – May 2013
    76004 Marvel : Spider Man – Hunting with Spider-Cycle (26.99 €) – January 2013
    76005 Marvel : Spider-Man – Mission at Daily Bugle (49.99 €) – January 2013
    76006 Marvel : Iron Man Extremis (14.99 €) – January 2013
    76007 Marvel : Iron Man Malibu Mansion (39.99 €) – January 2013
    76008 Marvel : Iron Man vs Mandarin (price unknown) – August 2013
    76009 DC Universe : Superman – Black Zero Escape (price unknown) – August 2013

Source:
    http://www.brickheroes.com/2012/11/nouveautes-super-heroes-2013-quelques-dates/

(Sorry about being a bit late with this news)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,527
    ^ I forgive you, kez
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,790
    I'm still holding out hope for an Iron Man polybag.
    ^^ cheers :)
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,076
    Since when has the release date of the Arkham Asylum-set been pushed forward to the 18.of Dec.? At least on [email protected] Germany/UK it has! Does that mean that the rest of the wave will also get released this year?
    ^ well I heard on eurobricks that the arkham set gets released on the 31st December and so might the other sets (1day early). But if you like TMNT sets I think they are already out somewhere in America because just2goodeurobricks has got the krangs lab set.
    I do live in Germany, over here the TMNT are not available at this time! But i thought it would be possible that we Europeans get the Super Heroes a little earlier than supposed?! Like i said [email protected] over here now says 18. of Dec. for Arkham!
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Arkam will be in UK Lego stores on 18 December.
    Oh I'm glad that the superheroes sets are coming out early over here, I'll hopefully get them before Christmas :)
  • thehockeyboythehockeyboy Member Posts: 97
    What's the likelihood of any of the sets from this year are EOL'd? Think they'll run with high numbers like Star Wars (ie 4 battle packs)?
    2013 superhero set descriptions

Here are the descriptions of all 4 sets:

The bat vs tumbler-
    High above Gotham City, Batman spots Bane in the armoured Tumbler chasing Police Commissioner Gordon. Bust through the road barricades in the Bane Tumbler with hidden dual flick missiles and flame exhaust. Then swoop down from the skies in The Bat and winch the commissioner to safety with the rescue rope before Bane reaches him. Includes three minifigures: Batman, Bane and Police Commissioner Gordon with assorted weapons.
    Features two road barriers
    Vehicles include The Bat and the Tumbler
    The Tumbler features opening roof hatch and dual hidden flick missiles
    The Bat features an opening cockpit that fits 2 minifigures, dual flick-fire missiles and rescue rope
    Weapons include a gun and batarang

Spidey cycle-
    Venom has taken control of Nick Fury's S.H.I.E.L.D. flying car and is making a super-fast getaway. Send Spider-Man to the rescue in his cool Spider-Cycle. Help Spider-Man catch this venomous villain and return the car to the good guys. Watch out for Venom's vicious symbiont web attack. Use the folding wheels on both vehicles for the perfect high-speed pursuit in the air or on land. Includes three minifigures: Spider-Man, Venom, and Nick Fury with weapon.
    Features Spider-Cycle and S.H.I.E.L.D flying car
    Spider-Cycle features folding wheels
    S.H.I.E.L.Dflying car features folding wheels and hidden flick missile
    Avoid the venom tentacle attack.
    Fold the wheels on both vehicles for an air assault.

Mr freeze set-
    Mr. Freeze has trapped Aquaman in a block of ice and only Batman can release him. Speed to the rescue in the powerful Batboat with exhaust flames, deploy the missiles and release the bombs to bust that block of ice. It's time to turn the heat up on Mr. Freeze. Includes three minifigures: white Arctic Batman, Mr. Freeze and Aquaman, all with assorted weapons.
    Features Batboat and exploding ice block Batboat features flick discs, deployable bombs, batwing fin element, exhaust flames and cockpit
    Weapons include freeze gun, trident and batarang Shoot the discs and bombs.
    Free Aquaman from the ice with the explosion function.
    Collect the Arctic BatmanTM in his white polar suit. Batboat measures over 3" (9cm) high, 10" (26cm) long and 4" (12cm) wide
    Ice block measures over 2" (7cm) high, 1" (4cm) wide and 2" (5cm) deep

The daily bugle-
    Dr. Doom and his henchman Beetle are attacking the Daily Bugle in their speedy jet to steal Spider-Man's secret identity. It's up to Spider-Man and Nova to swing in and stop them. Trigger the Daily Bugle's explosion functions to cause destruction as the jet fires missiles. Stop Dr. Doom from hitching the jet's anchor hook to the safe with Spider-Man's secret inside. Knock Beetle off the building with the swinging web attack and drop Dr. Doom inside with the rooftop trapdoor. Then fly Nova in through the broken window with the dumpster catapult function and send those villains back to where they came from. Includes Spider-Man, Nova, Dr. Doom, Beetle and J. Jonah Jameson with accessories and weapons.
    Features Daily Bugle and a dumpster
    Daily Bugle features rooftop trapdoor, sign and window explosion functions and swinging web attack
    Jet features an opening cockpit, anchor hook line and dual flick missiles
    Dumpster features catapult function
    Accessories include streetlight and camera

(Actual set descriptions and features)
    sipmart242
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 730
    ^ Good work @kez. Arkham is still the only DC set listed on [email protected], release date of the 18th which is also last day for orders to arrive in time for Christmas. You may find one under your tree after all :-)
    ^ cheers, yes hopefully there is an arkham under my tree aswell :)
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,959
    ^^^^ Thanks for the links. Although I doubt DrDave will be pleased with someone else's affiliate ID being posted!
    edited December 2012
    ^ LOL, youre welcome, you could be right about that, it does tend to be Huw who does the main site updates the most so I thought it would give Huw something to do like change the 4 sets in the database so it now has their set weight and the set descriptions :-) ( I didn't see a piece count but I could be wrong)

EDIT: @CCC I now give in LOL @drdavewatford can't grumble now :-)
  • insanityrocksinsanityrocks Member Posts: 77
    kez said:
    I know what you mean about the bugle set being cheep if I order it now at that price they can't change it can they?
    edited December 2012
    ^ I don't think they can really change it and they should honour it unless they argue it saying it was a glitch
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    Price is correct, only 476 pieces. Does look good value though with 5 minifigs.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,369
    I wonder if they will do a 25% off pre order like they did for the hobbit sets?
    ^ I hope so, fingers crossed
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    The timing sucks, as a friend is coming down from the UK and would have brought these down with him....
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,398
    edited December 2012
    I wonder amazon US will have them up.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Barnes and Noble has them on Pre-order. They claim 10% off, but I'm guessing they are marked up first.

Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze - $19.75 ($21.95)
    Spider Cycle - $19.75 ($21.95)
    Daily Bugle - $47.65 ($52.95)
    Bat vs Bane Tumbler - $38.65 ($42.95)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?sort=DD&size=90&pn=LEGO
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    And B&N does not entertain many orders from my region due to some reason....but yes, the prices are marked up at B&N...they are catching up with TRU it seems :P
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    My local TRU has;
    76000 Batman vs. Mr Freeze - Aquaman on Ice
    76004 Spider-Man - Spider-Cycle Chase
    76001 The Bat vs. Bane Tumbler Chase

If anybody here needs to have these sets under the tree for Christmas I can help you out. Shipping would be from Winnipeg MB R3L1J8. I'll charge you the cost of the set and shipping. (there is a 12% sales tax). Check out shipping costs on Canadapost.ca . PM me only if you are seriously interested.

Billy
  • CM4SCM4S United StatesMember Posts: 1,300

My local TRU has;
    76000 Batman vs. Mr Freeze - Aquaman on Ice
    76004 Spider-Man - Spider-Cycle Chase
    76001 The Bat vs. Bane Tumbler Chase

If anybody here needs to have these sets under the tree for Christmas I can help you out. Shipping would be from Winnipeg MB R3L1J8. I'll charge you the cost of the set and shipping. (there is a 12% sales tax). Check out shipping costs on Canadapost.ca . PM me only if you are seriously interested.

Billy

Rrrgh. I didn't buy your Galaxy Squad stuff, but I might need to get one of these...

Lucky Americans (yet again with prices aswell) :)
    ^I guess @CupIsHalfEmpty is Canadian (Winnipeg) ;)
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    I'm not sure why a Toys R Us that's geographically at pretty much the center of North America get's set's first, but mines had plenty of 2013 sets rolling in for the past month.
    ^^ whoops, I thought @CupIsHalfEmpty was American, they are kind of next door to each other :) next time I'll check the profile, I still stand by my comment, lucky you though LOL :-)
    Hopefully the UK get them very soon.