Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 331
    I’m thinking of buying a fifth copy but I know I shouldn’t….
    Bumblepantslowlead560Heliport
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,813
    Just finished #10297 Boutique Hotel. Put on a MILS Plate, and changed street light to black.
    Switchfoot55WesterBricksFizyxPJ76ukMarshallmarioandheOnebricktoomany
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio Canada/FranceMember Posts: 219
    gmonkey76 said:
    Put on a MILS Plate
    I assume that's for a custom road system of yours?  I've been rising mine with standard plates now and use that to connect to Lego's current road plates, and it's great, but this looks much thicker?
    gmonkey76Astrobricks
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 639
    edited August 30
    It’s a modular landscape/diorama standard that some LUGs use: http://www.abellon.net/MILS/
    PhoenixioFizyxgmonkey76Astrobricks
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 1,044
    edited August 31
    UPdate on the Up house, first floor is done, Now working on the roof, as you'll see here. The roof is confusing me though, with those angles. I don't suppose anybody knows of a  way to do it, that's not parts intensive? Right now, using a bunch of 6x16s, but that can't work ALL  the way. The roof is like last year's WV kind of, but all those angles are hard to do. May be why LEGO has never offered the Up house?
    560HeliportericbAJRDLawrencelowlead
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 478
    Apart from making a big mess of Lego pieces everywhere, I made a start on the Autumn scene my girlfriend requested I do.

WesterBricksDude4LegovanvonfullSwitchfoot55560HeliportCymbelinePJ76ukAJRDLawrencelowlead
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 721
    edited August 31
    pxchris said:
    You know... I truly never thought that the Black Seas Barracuda would ever be supplanted at my favorite Pirate ship...
    But that was until I got to build this truly magnificent masterclass of ship design! #70755 Captain Redbeard's Pirate Ship!

So, all joking aside. This is actually an impressively large ship once constructed. For what is supposed to be just one level above a Duplo set, it's got quite a lot of play opportunity to offer for tiny folks. The giant hulls are quite interesting pieces with the bottom sections being molded out of a softer plastic (certainly not ABS, but I'm not sure what exactly they are). What surprised me the most is just how much of the construction is based on Technic pins.
    This is certainly an odd-duck for the Pirate collector, but I find it charming. I'm glad I was able to pick one up for a great deal.

I actually got my hands on one of those weird leg-pieces (in red) for the first time yesterday. At first I thought it was fake Lego, but as I was inside the LegoHouse at the moment, and more of those were about, I quickly analysed the amount of planning and cunning of such to be succesfully planted there in these amounts, I concluded those were legit. However, i am very glad i was firmly in my dark age when these originally came about… Cool addition to your collection, to be fair!
    Switchfoot55pxchris
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,351
    My lightly modded #10497, alternate "924", and original #924 (#487 in the U.S.). With all the leftover parts from the second #10497, the alternate "918" will require only a few parts from my collection.
    Might be easier to buy a third #10497!
    Don't you mean fourth? Gotta have an unopened spare, just in case.
    560Heliportiwybs
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,366
    autolycus said:
    My lightly modded #10497, alternate "924", and original #924 (#487 in the U.S.). With all the leftover parts from the second #10497, the alternate "918" will require only a few parts from my collection.
    Perhaps eventually. But I open and build my Lego sets! How do you know what's really in a sealed box?
    Switchfoot55ModeltrainmaniwybsAstrobricks
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 859
    Basty said:
    Apart from making a big mess of Lego pieces everywhere, I made a start on the Autumn scene my girlfriend requested I do.

Cute build, not sure what the female minifig is doing? Knitting? Look forward to the finished model 👍
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,397
    A bunch of enablers, the lot of you! :)

You've just convinced me I need a third now - so I'm blaming you!
    Switchfoot55AJRDLawrence560Heliport
  • AJRDLawrenceAJRDLawrence UKMember Posts: 70
    edited September 1
    My outstanding standard pick and build order from July arrived today, so I had the remainder of the parts necessary to finish off my #75222 Betrayal at Cloud City Cloud car.

I'm kinda glad I didn't bother with sourcing a spare sticker sheet for what is only two tiny squares atop the roof, and paying the premium for a number of other stickers which I won't use. It's not a bad model overall and it finishes off my Empire Strikes Back shelves nicely. The other thing I'm really lacking is the rumoured new Tie Bomber, but in the meantime I'll sadly have to remove the whole stud shooter assembly to be able to use the model properly with an iDisplayit stand and mount.

Ironically, the pick and build standard parts also came with white stud shooters which I had ordered to put the finishing touches on my personalised #75301 X-Wing as that Death Star didn't blow itself up!

Here's hoping the Lego fairies can offer up either something else worthwhile or I land some winning bids for the remainder of my to do list :)
    Switchfoot55iwybs560HeliportWesterBricksYo_dA
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 776
    Phoenixio said:
    gmonkey76 said:
    Put on a MILS Plate
    I assume that's for a custom road system of yours?  I've been rising mine with standard plates now and use that to connect to Lego's current road plates, and it's great, but this looks much thicker?
    Yep.  Baseplate - brick - plate - and then whatever on top.  Much more sturdy when moving things to shows and back than plain old baseplates.  I don't have all my stuff on MILs yet, but I'm working on it, including building roads and ballasted train track.
    PapaBear
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,351
    autolycus said:
    Perhaps eventually. But I open and build my Lego sets! How do you know what's really in a sealed box?
    A question frequently asked about a cat since 1935.
    AwesomenessCymbelineiwybs560HeliportMarshallmarioAstrobrickseMJeeNLMaffyD
    autolycus said:
    autolycus said:
    A question frequently asked about a cat since 1935.
    I had that thought too, but as a cat lover, I don't like to even think about losing my babies.
    AstrobricksMaffyD
    And now for a couple of color combinations that can actually be built from currently available parts...

Dude4Lego560HeliportlowleadpxchrisSwitchfoot55AstrobricksOnebricktoomany
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,019
    @WesterBricks, I like all three "buildable" color variations, but would tend toward the yellow version currently. Definitely a fun build! 

I should do more virtual building during my current living situation away from my inventory. Never know what may come of it!
    WesterBricksModeltrainmanOnebricktoomany
    My #75175 A-wing Starfighter in Return of the Jedi red arrived today so I eagerly threw it together hehe. It was posted on Monday and only arrived today on Saturday. Royal Mail have been slacking a fair bit as of late. I didn't bother with the ammo trolley and parted it out right off the bat.

The pick and build bestsellers arrived to clean up my #75172 Y-Wing Starfighter so that's coming along nicely and when the standard parts come it will be mostly restored. My iDisplayit 8cm angled stands arrived today too. I figured that if I display the Y-Wing portion of the Death Star trench run I'll only need the one X-Wing for Today to levitate so that's a few pounds saved right there for me to waste on the restoration haha.

Lastly my Bespin Guard minifigure arrived and he is pushing the Han Solo in Carbonite. I put the Han Solo minifigure face down into the carbonite block so that I could plug the 1x2 brick and plates into the back of his legs to give the levitation effect.  My wish list is getting ever shorter so let's see what I'm able to pick up next :)

PJ76uk560HeliportiwybsWesterBricks
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio Canada/FranceMember Posts: 219

Lastly my Bespin Guard minifigure arrived and he is pushing the Han Solo in Carbonite. I put the Han Solo minifigure face down into the carbonite block so that I could plug the 1x2 brick and plates into the back of his legs to give the levitation effect.  
    The effect is nice, I had to get closer to the computer screen to find out how you were holding that one!  No way there's enough clutch/holding power on the Bespin Guard's arms alone!
    AJRDLawrence
    Phoenixio said:

Lastly my Bespin Guard minifigure arrived and he is pushing the Han Solo in Carbonite. I put the Han Solo minifigure face down into the carbonite block so that I could plug the 1x2 brick and plates into the back of his legs to give the levitation effect.  
    The effect is nice, I had to get closer to the computer screen to find out how you were holding that one!  No way there's enough clutch/holding power on the Bespin Guard's arms alone!
    Haha yeah the grip isn't that strong. I had to rotate his hands the wrong way out just to get them both to even grip the handles.

I think a picture says a thousand words though so this may help demonstrate how the effect was achieved for the benefit of others.

PJ76ukFizyxWesterBricks560HeliportCymbelinePhoenixio
  • Mark_CMark_C UKMember Posts: 10
    Today, and the past few days, have actually been breaking sets down to make space for next builds. Not sure what will build next, will decide when the time comes...
    WesterBricks
    From drab to fab using a single $25 Lego part! Like & Subscribe for more money burning decor tips!

Switchfoot55560HeliportAstrobricksAJRDLawrenceBumblepantsCymbelinePJ76uklowleadmadejp86
    #75337 AT-TE Walker! It took me a little under two hours. I've read that the "quality issue" that delayed its release in North America was the way the orange stripes on the helmets don't come to a point. If no one had pointed it out, I doubt I'd have noticed or cared. I don't know if mine are fixed or not!
    Switchfoot55PJ76uklowleadMarshallmarioAJRDLawrence

PJ76ukAJRDLawrence

WesterBricksAstrobricksRedbullgivesuwindPJ76ukpxchrislowleadMarshallmarioAJRDLawrence
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 777
    Just finished the Galaxy Explorer.  Was a bit fiddly through the first five bags until the upper plates finally started being added.  Had to reattach a few bottom plates that fell off during the build and re-align a few things as I went along.  I ended up with a leftover trans red 1x2 plate but I don't think I missed anything in the build. 
    Canopy pieces are both a bit scratched so I'm contemplating requesting replacements.  Did anyone else have scratched ones and ask for replacements?
     I need to dig out an old Blue Space fig to add because my Blue Plushie is jealous that there are only Red & White figs on board.
    560HeliportWesterBricksPJ76ukAJRDLawrence
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,793
    karrit said:
    I ended up with a leftover trans red 1x2 plate but I don't think I missed anything in the build.
    Maybe step 47, underneath the seats in the cockpit? I initially missed this one because it's easy to overlook and isn't necessary to support the parts placed above it.
    karritModeltrainman
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 331
    I think I made that mistake too.
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 721
    Just finished bag 12 of #10305. I think it’s basically the best set I’ve ever build. Just wow. 

Worthy 90th Anniversary set, imho.
    Switchfoot55Cymbeline
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 655
    karrit said:
    ...Did anyone else have scratched ones and ask for replacements?....
    Yes, but I'll prob not bother with a replacement request.  If the minor scratches begin to bother me, I need only look at the condition of my classic Trans Yellow parts from the old days and I feel much better =oD
    560HeliportWesterBricks
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,241
    I am enjoying the throwback.

Bumblepants560HeliporteMJeeNLPJ76ukSwitchfoot55AJRDLawrenceLobotPapaBear
  • evanceltevancelt Boulder, COMember Posts: 173
    Working on two larger builds for an in-person show next weekend. Experimenting with adding USB-powered LED lights in both builds

First one is a Napoleonic battle

Second one is a western painted mesa landscape cattle drive

PJ76ukDude4LegoWesterBricksSwitchfoot55560HeliportCymbelineGrannyLEGOvizzitorMarshallmario
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,019
    I definitely look forward to seeing these come together!
    evancelt
  • Cassy0110Cassy0110 FranceMember Posts: 10
    a bouquet of flowers 
    WesterBricks
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 655
    #10300 was one of those sets on my Definitely Eventually list.  Been casually waiting for LEGO to get them back in stock when I happened across one at my local Target.  Welp, no time like the present!
    Great looking set.  From certain angles - especially the front grille and rear bumper - this designer did a great job capturing the DeLorean styling cues.  The lighted Flux Capacitor looks fantastic, and its activation mechanism is particularly clever.  I appreciate the printed DMC logo cheese slope, and printed wheel design.  The stickers look pretty good as well.
    All the accessories and change-outs for the different films are a very nice touch, and the model itself feels solid.  Everything from the gull wing doors to the hood are well designed and pretty robust.  Of course, the lever underneath the chassis that rotates the wheels simultaneously is a very innovative feature.  Great set, even at $199.
    WesterBricksJRBricksFizyxAstrobrickspxchrisvanvonfullMarshallmariomadejp86
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,316
    #41358 Mia's Heart Box
    Was looking through my backlog and this was an odd-shaped box so wanted to get that out of the way because I couldn't really stack it with the rest of the backlog

quick cute build
    Highlights Mia as the major Friends character with an outdoorsy interest - the other Heart boxes had similar ideas
    clever how compact it is
    2 2x2 slopes in opposite directions on a 2x4 plate is a clever stand, and clever how it could fit inside the box if not using it as a stand

Switchfoot55
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 168
    Just finished building the #31109 pirate ship that I picked up for approximately $60USD :)   It's a great build and I love the way everything comes together in the finished model. 

Now to see if I can find a 31132 in a store to add to my collection.
    WesterBricksKingAlanI
  • evanceltevancelt Boulder, COMember Posts: 173
    Thinking about trying a MILs train layout. Maybe 5x3 baseplates
    Switchfoot55
    @Switchfoot55 I endorse this idea: it puts to use something that might otherwise end up in the trash! I have a bunch of basic  Megabloks bricks that I've been holding onto for the same reason. There are a few of a shade of green between LEGO's lime green and sand green. I like the color, but I don't know what to do with it.
    Switchfoot55WesterBricksshikadidatsunrobbieKingAlanIMarshallmario