Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 162
    ^ The Y-Wing and some of the other Rebel ships are probably some of the few LEGO sets where the discolouration can, in some ways, add to the appearance.  It gives the ships the well used and repaired look that makes them part of the rag-tag rebel fleet.  
    WesterBricksSwitchfoot55AJRDLawrencegelkster560HeliportMarshallmarioKingAlanIgmonkey76
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 873
    ^ The Y-Wing and some of the other Rebel ships are probably some of the few LEGO sets where the discolouration can, in some ways, add to the appearance.  It gives the ships the well used and repaired look that makes them part of the rag-tag rebel fleet.  
    Same with castle sets & gross grey bricks.
    560HeliportMarshallmarioKingAlanI
    edited August 12

Finished all #8154 vehicles but the showroom vehicle- I'm following directions in order to a "T" & havent got there yet. Have some missing, AND extra parts- for instance some spare white plates that came bagged with the semi hauler.

I'm resetting some stickers that were either mis-applied or came off(!!!) during shipping & were loose (& thereby less sticky) in the baggies. This set has some STAMP/STOMPs but I dont mind cuz I like the challenge of remiving & re-applying them perfectly. Unfortunately I ruined a 1x2 striped sticker on the yellow car but IMO it wasn't a major part of/integral to the design although now the continuity of the dual-yellow parallel dorsal stripes is "interrupted" by the blank black tile...it doesnt hurt...much...

Oh & one of the cars had a 1x2 red MEGABL🤮K plate in place of the 1x2 trans-red plate for the taillights. It went promptly into the trash (the Bl🤮k not the car 😆)

Had to fetch some common parts from my Lab but nothing bad enough yet to make me feel dissatisfied with the buy.

About to attack the buildings today!
    WesterBricksModeltrainman560HeliportPJ76ukAJRDLawrence
    Oops failed to mention the blue car is part of the set; I made the red version from collection prior to the set's arrival.

Of course there can be different colors of the same makes. 👍🏻
    WesterBricks560Heliport
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 544
    edited August 12
    I love recoloring things, sometimes I will load up Studio and just see what things look like in different colors.

Which set had the "doggy door" in purple?  I've only seen it in the Home Alone house.
    Switchfoot55vizzitor
  • shikadishikadi TRU AlumniMember Posts: 137
    edited August 12
    The kitty door is from #41699 :)
    It's a fun part but still fairly new
    Switchfoot55WesterBricksvizzitor
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 2,157
    Another scorching day here deserved a Cornetto to go with a local cider while I build another bag

Switchfoot55bandit778560HeliportPJ76ukJRBricksAJRDLawrencevizzitorpxchris
  • PhoenixioPhoenixio Canada/FranceMember Posts: 190
    shikadi said:
    My 6 year old said the modular street wasn't colorful enough, so I fixed that with her help :)
    It's good proof that the modulars can handle being quite colorful.  I'm always looking forward to the next color combinations they'll use.
  • AJRDLawrenceAJRDLawrence UKMember Posts: 63
    gelkster said:

I'm resetting some stickers that were either mis-applied or came off(!!!) during shipping & were loose (& thereby less sticky) in the baggies. This set has some STAMP/STOMPs but I dont mind cuz I like the challenge of remiving & re-applying them perfectly. Unfortunately I ruined a 1x2 striped sticker on the yellow car but IMO it wasn't a major part of/integral to the design although now the continuity of the dual-yellow parallel dorsal stripes is "interrupted" by the blank black tile...it doesnt hurt...much...
    Is there an easy or special way to remove the stickers or is it simply a case of carefully peeling away and hoping for the best? 

I only ask because my copy of #75055 Imperial Star Destroyer arrived this week with the computer console stickers applied to the sloped sides instead of the flat sides and I was contemplating on buying replacement bricks and a sticker sheet to redo it instead. If there is a better way to reapply the stickers that would be great, cheers.

(Ignore the blue 2x16 plate. I put it there to brace and reinforce the structure, I'll get a grey one soon)

edited August 13
    1st & foremost I'll preface this with YMMV & also older stickers have less chance of being saved.

I use tweezers under a bright light & go for a corner & SLOWLY & evenly lift at a low angle, then re-center. & my eyes are wearing out so it sometimes takes me several attempts. 

Luckily in my recent case of #8514 most of the stickers were placed atrociously so I was able to tweeze the part of the sticker hanging over the edge & lift. 

If a sticker loses its adhesion I lightly scrub the back with a toothbrush & soapy water & dry according to the "grain" of the sticker itself.

& currently I'm flattening a couple car stickers that were bent backwards for so long they wouldn't stay correct.
    AJRDLawrencevizzitor560HeliportWesterBricksFizyxBobflip
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 452
    edited August 13
    Robin Hood Bricks has a way he calls his "Patented Hot Tea Technique" where you basically hold the outside of the sticker against a hot surface so the glue is more malleable and the stickers come away easier. It seems to work well for him and I've tried it a couple of times myself.  It's not so great on clear parts, I think.
    Here's the explanation and guide to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRMLiOzkw4I
    Make sure to drink several cups of tea while doing it, I think that's an extremely key component.
    560HeliportWesterBricksPJ76ukAJRDLawrenceBobflipMaffyD

Luckily in my recent case of #8514 
    AAAARGGH that should be #8154
    560Heliport
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,238
    edited August 13
    lowlead said:
    Just finished the Galaxy Explorer Sport - I like this one just as much!  Not sure if I'll build the Coupe...

What should we call the biggest? Station Wagon? Family Truckster?
    lowleadAstrobricksWesterBricks
  • lowleadlowlead Downeast, USAMember Posts: 568
    GE Limited?
    GE Nebula?
    ...oooh a poll or contest?  That'd be fun!
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 308
    The hot hatch, the station wagon, and the minivan?
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 308
    Ford Escape, Explorer, and Expedition? But then “Explorer” is in the middle spot, not the top spot.
    Explorer/Cruiser/Hopper ??
    Just finished #75338 Ambush on Ferrix. As Capn Rex pointed out in his review, he wings fold down too far. I added a 1x1 tile on each side to stop the wings at a better angle. I used Spring Yellowish Green from a Dots set since that color isn't used in the set (so in the future I'll know they're added parts.)
    lowleadbandit778PJ76ukAJRDLawrenceMarshallmarioSwitchfoot55
    Left side as designed, right side with 1x1 tile added.
    lowleadbandit778PJ76ukAJRDLawrenceMarshallmarioSwitchfoot55MaffyD

PJ76ukAJRDLawrence
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,284
    edited August 13
    Just finished #6054-1 (Forestmen Hideout) and have started #40567 (Forest Hideout). They will, of course, sit next to my Castle in the Forest and Blacksmith shop. Not sure if I'll put them next to each other or bookend the other 2 bigger sets.
    560HeliportlowleadWesterBricksAJRDLawrence
  • rockethead26rockethead26 Northern ArizonaMember Posts: 60
    Working on the new Ideas Jazz Quartet

560HeliportlowleadWesterBricksBumblepantsPJ76ukpxchrisSwitchfoot55
    ...I used Spring Yellowish Green from a Dots set since that color isn't used in the set (so in the future I'll know they're added parts.)...
    That's wicked smaaht.
    I like the look of the #75338 set and I was curious if you felt like it's a decent value despite the price tag (assuming you paid $70 bucks for it).
    560Heliport
    @lowlead Yes, I like it. I paid full price at Target- out of stock everywhere in the Twin Cities metro area, apparently. It's small but dense- like #75311
    I don't know if it's just selling very well, or no one ordered enough, or maybe with the AT-TE delayed, everyone is buying this one?
    lowlead
    ^^ Well that settles it then, I'll put this on my list and pick one up after my 10497 fever subsides and I need a fix =oD
    560Heliport
    Wow that's a high fever.
    560HeliportBumblepantslowlead
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 544
    I call this portrait “Silliness From Spare Parts”.

560Heliportvanvonfullbandit778PJ76uklowleadAJRDLawrencerockethead26
    An evening of cider and plating over to make the wings....
    Really beginning to look spaceshippy now
    Redbullgivesuwind560Heliportbandit778WesterBricksgmonkey76AJRDLawrencepxchris
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,293

vizzitor said:
    I know it's a typo and should be "cloak" but I really want to see a huge clock on the chain around Vader's neck.

If Flava Flav turned to the Dark Side...
    560HeliportWesterBricks
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 2,293
    #41669 Mia's Soccer Cube
    Watching a womens soccer game on TV right now so it seem apropos to get a girls soccer set out of my backlog

Cute little set, model of a locker and practice setup, but glad I got it on sale as big pieces like the cube itself can inflate cost
    The random dog was an adorable little yellow one but Friends being cutesy often has nonsequitur animals
    560HeliportBumblepants
    I'm also building the castle and it is indeed really fun to build.  I like how the rooms are built one half at a time, giving such a fantastic feeling of satisfaction when you close the castle together and see the complete rooms...

One half down, second half under way!
    560HeliportCymbelineAJRDLawrence

Ok so here's all #8154, #8147, #8182, & #8681 (building only) I made from collection. Also the larger trucks, including #8134, & a couple done from collection. Also the 40-odd vehicles, mostly 100% give or take.

The Bricklink gods aren't smiling down AFA replacement stickered parts go; they're scattered among stores. Luckily the large 1x16 "BRICK STREET CUSTOM" bricks with damaged stickers can be hidden by the large signs dropped down a row.

I suppose if I ever want to complete the series, I'd eventually get the smaller playsets with the fold-up roads but right now they don't appeal to me.
    Fizyx560HeliportWesterBricksSwitchfoot55lowleadOnebricktoomany

Just finished the Castle.  What a beast.  And it is triggering in me a deep need for army building...  Anybody looking to get rid of their Kingdoms collection? :P

It's really unfortunate that the secondary market prices are so high, because that Dragon army is tempting me a lot.  Even could have gone with the chess set, but wow the inflation/speculation on those...
    lowleadRedbullgivesuwind560HeliportOnebricktoomanyrockethead26pxchrisAJRDLawrenceMarshallmarioPJ76uk
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 685
    gelkster said:

Is there an easy or special way to remove the stickers or is it simply a case of carefully peeling away and hoping for the best? 

I only ask because my copy of #75055 Imperial Star Destroyer arrived this week with the computer console stickers applied to the sloped sides instead of the flat sides and I was contemplating on buying replacement bricks and a sticker sheet to redo it instead. If there is a better way to reapply the stickers that would be great, cheers.

(Ignore the blue 2x16 plate. I put it there to brace and reinforce the structure, I'll get a grey one soon)

Adding to the sticker removal tips, the blade of an X-Acto knife is thin enough that it can be used to get under a corner to lift it before using tweezers, or even to carefully remove the whole thing.
    Switchfoot55AJRDLawrenceFizyxgelkster
    So...still recovering from my #10497 fever...but I found a solitary #75338 on a Target shelf.  For whatever reason this set is still a bit scarce compared to its...wave litter...so I opted to pick it up when the opportunity presented.
    In short, I like it.  I'm a sucker for a grey ship, after all.  I like the windscreen print, the build was good, the ship is solid.  I used the @560Heliport 1x1 tile mod to arrest the wing drop, the figures are just okay and I don't care about the speeder (although I like that wrap-around cable idea).
    The price feels just at the limit of 'worth it.'  One copy will suffice!
    $ .02

560Heliportbandit778PJ76ukvanvonfulliwybsBumblepantsAJRDLawrence
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 1,284
    I've learned of a new device that might help with the sticker removal problem: A "plastic razor blade". They're pretty incredible for removing stickers and gooey stuff from surfaces you don't want to scratch up.
    560HeliportAJRDLawrenceBobflipMarshallmario
  • ModeltrainmanModeltrainman Reading my Bible, sorting and buildingMember Posts: 991
    edited August 17
    Finished my Camaro, pictures tomorrow, Lord willing!. A beautiful car.
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55
    Finally finished the Galaxy Explorer....
    And immediately barbecued it? Weird flex but ok.
    Obviously, they flew to Mars, and the droid took photos!
    iwybs
    BL order arrived- racing tires for my #42000 livery variation, 14 wishbone suspension arms, one really costly steering arm which was 1/4 the order cost itself 😳 (now I'm caught up), & most fairings for #8262 Quad Bike.

WesterBricksSwitchfoot55560HeliportpxchrisAJRDLawrence
    And immediately barbecued it? Weird flex but ok.
    It looked like the moon to me!

560HeliportWesterBricksshikadibandit778AJRDLawrenceMaffyD
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,357
    Finally got my llamas built! I love them. One day the wandering trader will set up shop in Ninjago City

bandit778560HeliportPJ76ukAJRDLawrenceSeijiAmasawaSeriataBrickfan50