Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• NioMarvin83NioMarvin83 FargoMember Posts: 7
    It's really interesting thing!!! my husband finally finished winter village sets today after motor trader work, it's taken him and my daughter two weeks. It's so fun to watch her help by finding pieces, it doesn't seem too long since she made us find all of her pieces for her.

560HeliportSwitchfoot55CymbelineWesterBricksvizzitor
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,526
    I picked up a second copy of Pirates of Barracuda Bay when it was 20% off on Walmart.com yesterday. Going to hold onto this one sealed for a while a see how the aftermarket goes... This will definitely be my first "investment" set. But, I also be really wanted a second copy for myself anyways, so I may just end up keeping it... 
    560HeliportBumblepantsKungFuKennyMarshallmario
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 4,567
    pxchris said:
    I picked up a second copy of Pirates of Barracuda Bay when it was 20% off on Walmart.com yesterday. Going to hold onto this one sealed for a while a see how the aftermarket goes... This will definitely be my first "investment" set. But, I also be really wanted a second copy for myself anyways, so I may just end up keeping it... 
    yes but are you building it?
    560Heliportscottdd2iwybs
    pxchris said:
    yes but are you building it?
    Oops... Posted in the wrong thread obviously. Should have been the what are you buying now thread. 

*hangs had in shame*
    560HeliportAstrobricksBumblepantsbandit778MaffyDKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,975
    My cat decided that what he really wanted to do was knock a load of sets onto the floor of my lego room. So I have to rebuild the ship from PBB and my Caribbean Clipper. I have already seen that I have lost some parts somewhere in the room. 

He did it while I was on a call as well. So my boss for a brief moment thought I called him a bastard until I had to explain what the loud crash was.
    560Heliportmustang69KungFuKennyAddicted2OxygenandheflightriskBrickfan50
    My cat decided that what he really wanted to do was knock a load of sets onto the floor of my lego room. So I have to rebuild the ship from PBB and my Caribbean Clipper. I have already seen that I have lost some parts somewhere in the room. 

He did it while I was on a call as well. So my boss for a brief moment thought I called him a bastard until I had to explain what the loud crash was.
    Ouch! I feel for ya.
    I have a cat that helps find pieces I’ve dropped. If they go under furniture where I can’t get them, she will fish them out to play with within a day or two :)
    560HeliportRedbullgivesuwindBrickfan50
  • daewoodaewoo DFWMember Posts: 620
    I picked up a couple of copies of #60291 and will mod a single house.  I'll use my bulk to fill in anything additional that I might need to make an enclosed structure.
    BumblepantsCymbelineEGRobertsKungFuKenny
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,975
    Ouch! I feel for ya.
    I have a cat that helps find pieces I’ve dropped. If they go under furniture where I can’t get them, she will fish them out to play with within a day or two :)
    I wish my cat was even vaguely helpful in that way. He seems to live with us purely as we feed him.
    EGRoberts560HeliportBrickfan50
  • GrannyLEGOGrannyLEGO FloridaMember Posts: 271
    I loved my cats dearly but both passed away of old age a couple of years ago (almost 20 years old). At the moment I am glad they are not here now as they would be precious little help as I slog away on #21327 Typewriter which is an interesting build but boy does one have to be careful to get it right! I don't think this one will get deconstructed ever although I have no idea where to display it!
    AstrobricksRedbullgivesuwindAddicted2Oxygenandhe
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,620
    On your desk, of course! ;)
    Astrobricks

But ... but ... that is where I build all my LEGO! And don't tell me to sit on the floor, I am too old to ever get up off the floor again!
    560Heliportmustang69CymbelineKungFuKennyoldtodd33Addicted2Oxygenandhe
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 914

But ... but ... that is where I build all my LEGO! And don't tell me to sit on the floor, I am too old to ever get up off the floor again!
    You just have to get a 2nd desk! Or a bigger one!

--Proud Member of the Enablers Society of America since 1990.
    560HeliportFizyxpxchrisstluxAddicted2Oxygengmonkey76
    ^ Or get rid of all furniture that requires you to stand up!
    ^ Or get rid of all furniture that requires you to stand up!

Ha! I know, I'll keep using the desk for building sets and put the typewriter on the floor ... right?
    560HeliportAstrobricks
    #21327 Typewriter finally finished!!! Now I just need a display case for it. The Wicked Brick cases are nice but take a while and are pricey although worth it. The first time ever LEGO convention is here in Jacksonville this weekend (whoohoo!!!) andf I will see what they might have but let me know if you know anywhere that would have a display case that would fit the typewriter.
    Switchfoot55autolycusSpeedman29MaffyD
    #21327 Typewriter finally finished!!! Now I just need a display case for it. The Wicked Brick cases are nice but take a while and are pricey although worth it. The first time ever LEGO convention is here in Jacksonville this weekend (whoohoo!!!) andf I will see what they might have but let me know if you know anywhere that would have a display case that would fit the typewriter.
    The Container Store has some acrylic display cases. It's been a long time since I looked at their dimensions to know if they might have something that would work for the typewriter.

Along the same lines as Wicked Brick, there's iDisplayIt. Also a UK company, but they do have a US distributor: Kingdom Brick Supply, so you can get some of their cases for lower shipping costs. I have their UCS MF stand (not case) and it is good quality.
    KungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,102
    I spent a nice afternoon watching movies and building #10275 Elf Clubhouse…
    I didn’t get around to building it last year, and I decided to get a head start on my Winter Village as I need to re-build several of the sets…
    Cymbeline560Heliportoldtodd33FizyxSwitchfoot55vizzitordatsunrobbiegmonkey76Marshallmario
    I'm building the Fire Brigade I just got. I am so spoiled by the more recent sets with few bags per number! 10 #1 bags in this one, and it's taking me forever to sort pieces to where I can actually start building!! So spoiled!
    560HeliportWesterBricksKungFuKennyvizzitor
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,006
    Just built #31111 Cyber Drone. Got it mainly for the minifigure that calls back to the old droids from Spyrius etc. but the set is great too. really dig the sand blue/orange color scheme. Will have to try the alternate models soon.
    pxchrisWesterBricksKungFuKennyiwybsMarshallmario
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 633
    Built the #43111 i got for 57% off (otherwise i'd never bought it, now purely for the parts). Didn't disappoint, fun figures (however, those animal-headed minifigs keep haunting me in my dreams) - and useful parts for the stash! Now on to #43112, which will arrive tonight :)
    BumblepantsKungFuKenny
  • WesterBricksWesterBricks USAMember Posts: 117
    edited October 8
    Finicky but beautiful.

KungFuKenny560Heliportpxchrisautolycusbandit778SeijiAmasawastlux
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 692
    #21046 E.mpirr State Bldg

I thought LEGO officially decried/putlawed this technique of shoving a tile between studs

A tile between studs has always been "legal" - it's also used for instance in the new #21329 Fender set. It's the plates between studs technique that is outlawed.
    gelkstergmonkey76AstrobricksFizyxWesterBricksstlux
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 692
    edited October 8
    Hmmm I was 99% sure ppl got their undies bunched over the horses' ears in the Classic Yellow Castle & Knight's Tournament #6083 sets.
    gelkster said:
    Hmmm I was 99% sure ppl got their undies bunched over the horses' ears in the Classic Yellow Castle & Knight's Tournament #6083 sets.
    In Jamie Berard's document on illegal techniques tiles between studs never is discussed, and TLG has certainly has a number of sets in which that technique has been used.
    Plates between studs was "legal" for a while. For instance, in #560-2 Heliport! :)
    (Look at the light on top of the squad car.)
    KungFuKennyoldtodd33
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    Plates between studs was "legal" for a while. For instance, in #560-2 Heliport! :)
    (Look at the light on top of the squad car.)
       I loved that set as a kid and always thought it was pretty smart to do that. Unfortunately plates and tiles were a rare find in universal sets that's why my favorite sets were the 400/402/404 series. 
    560Heliport
    gelkster said:
    #21046 E.mpirr State Bldg

I thought LEGO officially decried/putlawed this technique of shoving a tile between studs

And they used that technique in a couple places that are completely hidden anyway. I don’t quite see why. But it’s been a while since I built it.

• karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 428
    I plan to finally begin building the Haunted House #10273 today.  
    ericbKungFuKenny
    Just finished these two little beauties:

Switchfoot55560HeliportMarshallmarioCymbelinePJ76ukWesterBricksBumblepantspxchrisKungFuKenny
    I've replaced the stupid reddish brown clips on Gollum's little boat at least 3 different times...

Otherwise, I always love seeing the LotR/Hobbit sets pop back up!
    autolycusMarshallmarioKungFuKennyandhe
    pxchris said:
    I've replaced the stupid reddish brown clips on Gollum's little boat at least 3 different times...

Otherwise, I always love seeing the LotR/Hobbit sets pop back up!
    I missed the entire line during my "dark age". I'm very sad about that. I know a lot of the sets from the line weren't very good, but I would love a bunch of the mini figures. These two little sets checked several high-priority minifig boxes, so I grabbed them. The store mostly had Hobbit sets, and I'm just not as interested in those as I would be for LOTR ones. They also had a decent number of loose minifigures, but they were $$$. I could have gotten these 4 figures for less, but I do like the random little builds as well.

I would be in heaven if they released a new LOTR CMF line sometime next year, to capitalize on the new series. Assuming the new lines of 12, give me the 9 members of the Fellowship and 3 bad guys (pick any 3 of: any Nazgul, Saruman, Sauron might be tricky, an Orc or Orukai, Wormtongue, etc.).

Or... instead of 3 baddies, pick 3 of: old Bilbo, Elrond, Galadriel, and any random noteworthy human like Theoden or Eowyn...

Oh... the old lines of 16 would be so much better for an idea like this...
    pxchrisSwitchfoot55
    Yeah, the LotR sets are certainly much better, and more desirable in my opinion than the Hobbit sets are. It's crazy how much they go for in the secondary market now. Even when I was collecting them, which was unfortunately after they were off of the shelves, the prices felt very high. Now, they're crazy! I'm thankful I was able to collect the entire range (of LotR sets, I only have a few Hobbit sets that I particularly like - however that said, #79003 is one of my all-time favorite sets!) without going broke.

I'd love them to revive the theme in some way with the new show, a CMF series would be great. Alas, I fear it's less and less likely all the time.
    autolycusMarshallmario
    We need a large, "complete", Bag End! With two sets of minifigs: The Hobbit: 12 dwarves, "young" Bilbo, and Gandalf; and LOTR: "old" Bilbo, Frodo, Samwise, and Gandalf again. Take my money, TLG!
    CymbelineautolycuspxchrisMarshallmario
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,352
    I still have nightmares of missing a local bulk lot for sale at $100. It had nearly every LoTR set and Hobbit set in the bin, including extra figs. It was one of those buys where I was on my way when I got the message that someone else got there first. 

I'd gladly dive into the LoTR sets if it weren't for the cost. 
    autolycus560HeliportandhepxchrisWesterBricksKungFuKenny
    edited October 13
    someone else got there first.
    Five of the worst words in this hobby.
    pxchrisSwitchfoot55
    someone else got there first.
    Five of the worst words in this hobby.
    Or any hobby, I suspect!
    Switchfoot55
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 181
        @pxchris #79003 is also one of my top Lego sets ever. Why do you say it is getting less and less likely we will see any sets associated with the coming TV series?
    pxchris
    Just the feeling I get @Marshallmario, certainly nothing factual or concrete.
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 181
        I’m hoping the TV series will be a huge hit like The Mandalorian and Lego will do several sets based on the show and a series of CMF also. You heard it here first!
    Switchfoot55
  • iwybsiwybs PlutoMember Posts: 177
    I just built a scrap parts version of the very first rescue helicopter for minifigs, set 770 from 1976. The set was actually released with slabfigs, but it doesn't need any changes for minifigs. The old clear 2x2 slopes used in the windscreen are easily swapped out for a modern 3x6x2 City windscreen without any other design changes.
    KungFuKenny
    I just received a small vintage collection through eBay that includes most of #5541 Blue Fury. I'm sorting through to figure out what's missing, then I can decide whether to finish it, keep it, and sell my #10151 Hot Rod (the bley reissue), or the other way around.