Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,129
    ^I think I've mentioned this before, but I finished BLing R2-D2 in mid-2020. Still haven't build him yet. But, I'll more than likely need any new version as well. It'll just give me reason to display one elsewhere. 
    pxchris560Heliport
  • Yellowcastle2Yellowcastle2 U.S.Member Posts: 47
    mustang69 said:
    ^I think I've mentioned this before, but I finished BLing R2-D2 in mid-2020.
    Did you give him a big gold chain or something?  ;)
    LOL
    msanders
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 455
    ^That looks like Cleveland as R2-D2 in Family Guy Blue Harvest, with some MR.T. thrown in.

560HeliportKungFuKennySumoLegogmonkey76msanders
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,278
    edited March 2
    #80020 White Dragon Horse Jet. I don't have goats, so I added three cypress trees. Usually, I would prefer sets not have little side builds, but the vending machine is great- it works perfectly. The jet's cockpit will definitely get reversed, similar to Huw's modification. I don't mind the six-legged spiders: they look like spiders to me. Edit: I can't get the photo to load; I'll try again later. :(
    KungFuKennyBumblepants
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,951
    Tkatt said:
    ^That looks like Cleveland as R2-D2 in Family Guy Blue Harvest, with some MR.T. thrown in.
    Yup. The reference is pretty obvious, so much so that I was surprised that I couldn’t find a screen cap from Blue Harvest with the gold chains :)
  • Yellowcastle2Yellowcastle2 U.S.Member Posts: 47
    Lois (Princess Leia): Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope. All right, now what do I click?
    Cleveland (R2-D2): Click "Preferences".
    Lois (Princess Leia): OK, I've clicked "Preferences".
    Cleveland (R2-D2): Now go to "Default Media Browser".
    Lois (Princess Leia): OK...there's a little hourglass and it's...it's not letting me do anything. It...it says "Buffering", what is that?
    Cleveland (R2-D2): Just give it a minute.
    Lois (Princess Leia): All I'm trying to do is make an MPEG!
    Cleveland (R2-D2): All I'm trying to do is tell you to wait a minute!
    Lois (Princess Leia): OK, relax.
    Cleveland (R2-D2): Now click "Import Video File".
    Lois (Princess Leia): All right. It's...it's telling me I have to download Real Player 7.
    Cleveland (R2-D2): You know what? I'll just bring it to him myself.
    560Heliportmustang69FizyxLobotTkattgmonkey76Astrobricksmsanders
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Northern CaliforniaMember Posts: 62
    R2-Mr.T2 was a Mr. T-themed R2-D2 that was custom made for a special Star Wars episode of Conan (a late night talk show in the US starring Conan O'Brien.)
    Bumblepants
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,951
    R2-Mr.T2 was a Mr. T-themed R2-D2 that was custom made for a special Star Wars episode of Conan (a late night talk show in the US starring Conan O'Brien.)
    YouTube link or it didn’t happen :)
    Marshallmario
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,900
    Continuing with the Blacksmith shop

Ground floor part way through yesterday afternoon. The lightbrick really adds to the furnace.

This mornings progress. Ground floor is complete, working on the first floor kitchen area while eating yesterdays birthday cake!
    Bastypxchris560HeliportSwitchfoot55KungFuKennygmonkey76Mr_Cross
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,177
    ^^ flexing those cyprus trees hard...

haha
    Switchfoot55KungFuKenny
    pxchris said:
    ^^ flexing those cyprus trees hard...

haha
    I really wish they'd make them again- a couple dozen would look fantastic along a street.
    pxchrisgmonkey76Astrobricks
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,177
    I really wish they'd make them again- a couple dozen would look fantastic along a street.
    Same!
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,637
    YouTube link or it didn’t happen :)

Could not find video, but I think this is it.
    Switchfoot55SumoLegoKungFuKennyAstrobricksBumblepants
  • herbyderbyherbyderby CaliforniaMember Posts: 72

560HeliportvanvonfullKungFuKennySirBrickalotOfLegopxchriskhmellymel
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,715
    My intermittent sporadic annual build...

Speedman29560HeliportKungFuKennyAstrobricksBumblepantspxchrisFizyxMr_CrossMarshallmario
  • Pumpkin_3CK5Pumpkin_3CK5 CaliforniaMember Posts: 795
    LEGO knew people would try to modify this mech to have a cockpit so they incorporated it themselves haha. Reversible head too? Great set.
    Mr_Cross
    I've admired Chris McVeigh's work as Powerpig for a long time, his Bricksketches were awesome and something I planned to build a few of one day, then he shut up shop and became LEGO staff. Got the First Order one for my birthday and its a delight to build. Layering up plates and tiles to form the image.

Switchfoot55pxchris560HeliportAstrobricksCymbelineMr_CrossFizyxstluxpanchox1
    This arrived in the post this morning and immediately jumped to the top of the build list.

Been hunting high and low for this elusive Speed Champions McLaren Elva polybag. Allegedly on sale in Asda, but not in any of the half dozen around the country I've been too. @Mr_Cross tracked it down to his local store and nabbed me a pair. Interesting chassis build off a 1x10 plate down the middle and 3x3 cross plates to tie it all together. Love it and looking forward to its minifig scale big brother arriving in the summer 
    PJ76ukYellowcastleMr_CrossSwitchfoot55stlux
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,407
    It's cool! :-) Glad it got there okay.
    Speedman29
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,216
    I'm usually quite a patient fellow when it comes to LEGO.
    It's a hazard of having too many projects on the go at once. Unfortunately things got the better of me with the latest build. 

Let the K-2SO build begin.

FYI, will probably take about 3 weeks to finish due to life stuff but really looking forward to finishing this.

560HeliportKungFuKennyMr_CrossSpeedman29Switchfoot55Lobotstlux
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark Near ManchesterMember Posts: 4,003
    This arrived in the post this morning and immediately jumped to the top of the build list.

Been hunting high and low for this elusive Speed Champions McLaren Elva polybag. Allegedly on sale in Asda, but not in any of the half dozen around the country I've been too. @Mr_Cross tracked it down to his local store and nabbed me a pair. Interesting chassis build off a 1x10 plate down the middle and 3x3 cross plates to tie it all together. Love it and looking forward to its minifig scale big brother arriving in the summer 
    Nice! I got mine off ebay for £5.99 including postage, which I reckoned was a pretty good deal. I really like it!
    Mr_Cross
    If and when it appears in my local Asda I can hopefully nab a couple and repay the favour to other BSers looking for them.
    In a continuation of small builds, I popped the tabs on #75280 and now have a little squad of 501st troops running around the desk

560HeliportKungFuKennyMr_Cross
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 4,590

FollowsClosely560HeliportCymbelineKungFuKennyMr_Cross
    ^You continue to make my buying decision of the instructions easier and easier!
    bandit778KungFuKenny
    In a positive way I hope. 😁
    Switchfoot55
    Looking forward to following the build @bandit778 that's a mighty base to start from.
    Continuing the SW theme, #75299 only really wanted this for Mando and baby Yoda.

bandit778Mr_Cross
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,372
    Looking forward to following the build @bandit778 that's a mighty base to start from.
    Continuing the SW theme, #75299 only really wanted this for Mando and baby Yoda.

My daughters asked for that set, as they've recently got into Star Wars and The Mandalorian in a fairly big way recently.
    They took Baby Yoda  / Grogu and Mando out and have left the rest of the set in the bag!
    Well, waste not, want not, I always say! Mine! :-)

The problem now is that *I* need a Mando and Grogu to go with the set! I think I'll have to just get another set and use the parts from this one for general use. ;-)
    Speedman29Mr_Cross
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 600
    don't go over to the dark side! Think of your WV! ;)
    Switchfoot55KungFuKenny
    eMJeeNL said:
    don't forget over to the dark side! Think of your WV! ;)
    Lego's for life, not just for Christmas. ;)

I've been amazed at some of the building techniques with it so far. The way the angles on the hips are built is just genius. 
    edited March 9
    Talking of which, managed (after rather embarrassingly not being able to find 4 flick fire missile pins & having to order some) to get the legs attached to the hips and the base nearly finished.
    Pushing the long pins into the legs at this stage had me saying a long silent prayer for no untoward breakages because of ham hands magee here as I think I would have cried.

Speedman29JudgeChuckFizyxSwitchfoot55KungFuKennyMr_Crossstlux
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,372
    ^That looks massive! How tall will it be, when complete?
    bandit778
    About 77cm tall
    FizyxJudgeChuckSwitchfoot55Mr_Cross
    bandit778 said:
    About 77cm tall
    So about 1:3 scale, then? Impressive... most impressive. ;)
    bandit778pxchrisMr_Cross
    @bandit778, your timing of this build is perfect for me! Keep the pictures coming!
    bandit778
    These boots are made for walking....

I didn't get much spare time this evening so only managed to get a little bit done but while only cosmetic,  at least he doesn't look like he's going to fall over now.

First nerve wracking sticker application this evening, no chance of getting a spare set if I naff it up so went into full on sloth mode for this bit.

Switchfoot55Fizyx560HeliportSpeedman29KungFuKennyAstrobricksMaffyDMr_Cross
    With al my BL orders in I started on the next 70s F1 car. Hesketh 308. If you've seen the film Rush, its the first F1 car James Hunt drove.

Watching the 1975 Dutch GP that Hunt won at the same time as building
    Switchfoot55Mr_Cross560HeliportJRBrickspxchris
    IIIIIIII ain't got no body...

Well not quite. Complicated little bugger to build and quite ingenious how the internals are made up so the weight of the arms can be supported in a raised position. 
    Of course being of an inquisitive mind (you know, the sort that wants to know what happens when you push the button quite clearly marked with 'do not push') I couldn't resist seeing what happens when you turn the arm connection points.
    Turns out it falls apart because the rest of the build round it will eventually hold it together.
    Lesson learned, won't be doing that again. 
    560HeliportKungFuKennySpeedman29SeijiAmasawaSwitchfoot55
    #80023 Monkie Kid's Team Dronecopter. I'm planning more cargo-container builds: maybe a coffee stand, an Easter candy shop (because I have wall panels in cool yellow and lavender- smooth, not corrugated like the ones in the set, but they'll work).
    CymbelineBumblepantsbandit778KungFuKennypxchrisSeijiAmasawa
    Just the arms, hands and neck to do.
    @Switchfoot55 , useful tip if you end up building this, when it comes to putting the movable flaps onto the main body, take the entire torso assembly off the legs and stand it on a hard, flat surface.
    From (now) personal experiance, it's a bit soul destroying to watch all your hard work disappear onto the floor because you applied just a weenie bit too much pressure. :(
    PJ76uk560HeliportKungFuKennypxchrisSpeedman29Switchfoot55
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 83
    PJ76uk said:

Now how to display this without the wife noticing I've been Lego building instead of packing the house up ready for our move!
    Build some lego boxes for the mech to carry, that way it looks like your lego is helping with the move instead of hindering it! And then hope and pray your wife has a sense of humor.  
    PJ76uk560Heliport
  • EGRobertsEGRoberts OntarioMember Posts: 83

This is amazing, I love the wings! Did you flip the cockpit window though between shots or are my eyes playing tricks on me.  If you did side view version better. Seriously I have started shifting away from space for my love of castle but this makes it soo hard as it inspires me to want to as benny would say "Build a spaceship!".

@bandit778, thanks for the tips! I'll keep them in mind as I proceed!
    bandit778
    EGRoberts said:

This is amazing, I love the wings! Did you flip the cockpit window though between shots or are my eyes playing tricks on me.  If you did side view version better. Seriously I have started shifting away from space for my love of castle but this makes it soo hard as it inspires me to want to as benny would say "Build a spaceship!".

I tried to post the first photo the evening of March 1st, but it wouldn't go. So I tried again early morning March 2nd, that time it worked. Then after work that day I reversed the canopy (and changed the cockpit interior) and posted that photo.
    EGRoberts
  • PJ76ukPJ76uk EnglandMember Posts: 546
    So the wife came home and her only comment on my Space Police Mech was "very nice", phew!

Even better she'd stopped off at ASDA on her way home and brought home a selection of polybags, added them to the pile of kids Lego for them to build but managed to snag 2 for myself(!) #30343 and #30578

Switchfoot55bandit778560Heliport