Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• lkliment2lkliment2 ChicagoMember Posts: 172
    pxchris said:
    Thanks to @560Heliport bringing up this fascinating set the other day...

#1687 Midnight Transport 

This has to be one of the more theme-unique sets from Classic Town! I love the whole vibe and especially that black/red/yellow color scheme!

Man I thought I brought it up 😔
    560Heliportpxchris
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,093
    pxchris said:

#1687 Midnight Transport 

This has to be one of the more theme-unique sets from Classic Town! I love the whole vibe and especially that black/red/yellow color scheme!

Credit should go to @lkliment2 for mentioning it first!
    You did! 
    Astrobrickslkliment2
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,026
    lkliment2 said:
    pxchris said:

#1687 Midnight Transport 

Man I thought I brought it up 😔
    My bad... 😣
    560HeliportAstrobrickslkliment2
  • HjmHjm RoermondMember Posts: 29
    I build Audi R8 Quattro.

KLOKRIECHER
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,077
    I took some time Saturday morning and put together #40422 Frankenstein's Monster Brickheadz. It was a fun build and different than other BHz in that it only has two 1x2x1 2/3 w/ studs on 1 side bricks instead of the usual 8ish. I appreciated that they achieved the same effect with other parts and threw in some sand green on the inside as a nod to the monster's traditional color. 
    KungFuKennyFizyx560HeliporteMJeeNL
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 282
    So happy that I got this
    560HeliportFizyxBumblepantsKungFuKennydspigelKLOKRIECHERsnowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 13,461
    pxchris said:
    ...spamming multiple threads with this exact same thing...
     -chuckles-

Some people are very thorough.
    560HeliportKungFuKennyMr_Cross

Where's the extraneous megaphone-lookin' Droid and your Porgs!?!?!?!?
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,551
    edited November 2020
    SumoLego said:
    Sigh...D-O was forgettable, but I really tried to like the porgs... they just couldn’t outweigh the lameness of TLJ in my mind.  I would like to MOC this scene, though...

SumoLegoYo_dA
    KungFuKenny said:
    I would like to MOC this scene, though...

Funny, I had some medium/garlic parmesan chicken wings for dinner.  This terrible football game is making me hungry again...
    KungFuKennyBumblepantsYo_dA
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 1,002
    SumoLego said:
    Sigh...D-O was forgettable, but I really tried to like the porgs... they just couldn’t outweigh the lameness of TLJ in my mind.  I would like to MOC this scene, though...

While I do agree D-O was a little bland, it did have one technique that has been (afaik) pretty rare or even close to nonexistent before. (At least, I don't think I remember ever using it before...) The TIE Fighter Pilot Helmet also used it, and I actually really like it, although I do feel it is a little hard to make the looks PERFECT.  Anyway, it was the technique using the flexible tubing as a kind of spine/support for the brick built portions of the wheel, allowing it to have the nice circle on the exterior of the build while also having the brick-built 'treads' visible. 

But yeah, other than that, I feel like D-O just isn't iconic enough to hang with that group :(
    pxchrisKungFuKenny
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,009
    We are slowly sorting the lot and building friends/princess sets...

560HeliportstluxKungFuKennySwitchfoot55CymbelinedspigelKLOKRIECHERsnowhitie
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 683
    I'm on day 2 of Mos Eisley Cantina. Got about halfway done while watching a couple of episodes of the Disney+ Gallery show on The Mandalorian and TPM. Just fired up AOTC. Will have a long break in the middle of today, but should finish the whole set at some point this evening.
    KungFuKenny560Heliport
  • veyniacveyniac Northwest MinnesotaMember Posts: 165
    You need hair! At least one Fiat 500's worth :)
    Cymbeline560Heliport
    Downtown Diner for me today (and tomorrow, with my usual build a little, take a break for a lot, pattern).
    560HeliportKungFuKenny
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,738
    edited November 2020
    ^ I can hear Roy Scheider now, “We're going to need a Colonial Viper!”, either that or more bourbon!
    KungFuKenny560HeliportSumoLegogmonkey76TheFew
    TheFew said:
    Just finished the Jaws Orca. Left some of the strings off, as I don't think they add much to the design...

Excellent build— the only thing wrong with that picture is that the bottles look unopened!
    gmonkey76AstrobricksTheFew
    #70678 Castle of the Forsaken Emperor. Got it at Target for the $10 gift card. The Ice Emperor is Zane?!?
    KungFuKennyBumblepants
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,621
    TheFew said:
    Just finished the Jaws Orca. Left some of the strings off, as I don't think they add much to the design...

Was that your own design, or did you get instructions somewhere? Great looking version of it.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,543
    TheFew said:

Excellent build— the only thing wrong with that picture is that the bottles look unopened!
    There were 5 bottles before I started the "ocean"..
    gmonkey76Astrobricks560HeliportFizyxKungFuKenny
    Just need to work out the relevant minifig parts now for the crew.. it really needs Chief Brody looking terrified.
    gmonkey76
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,367
    I rebuild the Christmas Diorama available from the PAB Wall in the LEGO Store Berlin in Stud.io to see what to raid from my spare parts/substitute.
    Not a bad effort from the local store employee who created this.

The only less common part is 3678 (both a and b variation) Slope 65° 2 x 2 x 2 with Bottom Tube, which has only been available in a couple of sets in tan.
    Dark tan is a lot more common, and might even improve the look of the build.
    KungFuKennyCymbelineSwitchfoot55KLOKRIECHERrd1899Snizzlebuttssnowhitie
    @stlux
    That was fast!  I’ve never really developed my digital skills, besides playing around with LDD years ago.  It’s a nice looking model, especially since it’s built only with parts available on the PAB wall ( in Berlin at least 🙂).  
  • stluxstlux LuxembourgMember Posts: 2,367
    Stud.io is not too bad once you get used to it. Seeing prices of parts and seamlessly uploading your creation to a BL wanted list is also nice.
    Coming from using LDD as well, after an adjustment period I actually prefer Stud.io.

I for the first time tried the Instruction Maker functionality. Worked out not too badly for a 1st attempt. Makes me even more annoyed with people who don't post PDF instructions to their creations on Rebrickable...

(If anybody wants the Stud.io file, please feel free to PM me.)
    KungFuKenny
    ^ I agree. Stud.io is absolutely amazing, especially when compared with LDD. However, making instructions for larger creations by hand is really a pain, so I can understand why some people don't do it.
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 387
    it was a set years ahead of its time ;-).
    I wonder what the bookshop or police precinct are predicting....Planes falling out of the sky? A donuts shortage in a few years? time will tell.
    Snizzlebutts
    I really liked the use of the doors as a sneeze guard/bank robbery security barrier.
    CymbelineAstrobricks
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,555
    ^excellent Brick separator usage.
    Bumblepantskhmellymelrd1899CymbelineAstrobricksSumoLegomic27
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,738
    ^^ What the heck is that lbg part right in the center with the one open stud?
    ^^ What the heck is that lbg part right in the center with the one open stud?

Looks like a Nexo Knights robot body. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=24078&name=Torso Mechanical, Nexo Bot&category=[Minifigure, Body Part]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

gmonkey76AstrobricksMr_Cross
    ^ Aww, you beat me to it! I have 26 of those and recognized it immediately, but was looking it up for the part number.
    veyniacAstrobricksMr_Cross
    ^ I am just surprised Mr. Unusual Parts didn't recognize it himself :)
    560HeliportAstrobricksMr_Cross
    In a mad-cap burst of building, I built a Christmas Tree.

Also, completely disappointed in a Razor Crest.  Missing about half the pieces from bag 2, including the Child and many unique parts.  Immediately noticed the Child was missing - didn't realize 30+ other parts were absent.

(Probably should parse through bag 3 to ensure I don't have to wait another six weeks for more pieces.)
  • TheOriginalSimonBTheOriginalSimonB Felixstowe Member Posts: 1,555
    As the carnival in town was cancelled this year (can't think why...) I thought I'd build one.

More pictures on flickr
    KungFuKennybandit778FizyxSumoLegoCymbelineKLOKRIECHERstluxgmonkey76Mr_Cross
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,732
    bandit778 said:
    bandit778 said:
    Another major remodel of what started life as #10254.
    Also looks like it could do with "something" between the front boogie and rear drive wheels to fill the void.
    After posting the picture with the white background, I thought it didn't look quite as good as I originally thought so this afternoon's job was to swiftly take it apart again to address this very issue. The back wheels have been moved forward 3 studs and the front wheels are now another stud apart and the undercarriage has been suitability modified. (Also took out the single 2 x 6 white plate on the cabin as that bothered me on the old model).
    Now I'm happy.

Speedman29 said:
    I think I prefer the brighter green on the original.
    Everyone's different, I have a thing for Dark Green bricks so this was a no brainer for me.
    Sorry, missed the alterations. Looks much better now
    bandit778KungFuKenny
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 584

Still need a BnP and a BLorder to come in, and procure 4 more bricks to complete the entire set...
    CymbelineKungFuKennySwitchfoot55KLOKRIECHERBumblepantsvanvonfullBasty