Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• PJ76ukPJ76uk Derby, UKMember Posts: 350
    Was hoping to start building #10266 but my little lad wanted to build #70666 The Golden Dragon, the latest addition to his growing Ninjago collection. Had to supervise (ie make sure stickers were affixed correctly on the correct bricks) and help out with some parts he struggled with. Keeps him happy anyroad!

LEGOFan2
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,213
    Popped the seals on #10266 and built the moon base.
    The minifigure foot prints are genius.

VorpalRyuPeteMLittleLoriBaby_YodapxchrisFowlerBricksbrickventuresLegoDad42
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 166
    Just built the new 3-1 fairground carousel. What a fantastic little set. 

LittleLorigelksterFowlerBricks
    Finished building #10266 now the kids have gone to bed. Fantastic build, really like the use of 6158469 3.2 Shaft W/5.9 Ball to attach the side sections onto the lander base. Looking at the official images prior to the build I was concerned the Landers legs would be flimsy but now that I've completed the build it feels a lot more sturdier than expected. Perfect companion model to #21309

pxchrisSpeedman29LegoDad42
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,213
    PJ76uk said:
    I was concerned the Landers legs would be flimsy but now that I've completed the build it feels a lot more sturdier than expected.
    Me too. I could see how the link arms would attach, but thought it would be shakey. In fact it gives a little flexibility to allow it to conform to the base.
    Coffee and toast build session. Got the lawn to mow front and back. Then onto the last bags.
    I need to get Saturn V now so I can fully explain to Little Miss Speedman, exactly how the moon landings happened
    LegoDad42
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,735
    ^ You mean, on a soundstage in Arizona?
    Speedman29Muftak1gmonkey76
  • PolyphemusPolyphemus Sydney, AustraliaMember Posts: 90
    ^ Or when two fellas are in the locker room getting changed and they accidentally bend over at the same time...
    Muftak1gmonkey76
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 400
    @Basty- i need to get that, & the Rocket Ride to add to my Carnival stuff
    Muftak1Bastymustang69
  • BastyBasty LondonMember Posts: 166
    gelkster said:
    @Basty- i need to get that, & the Rocket Ride to add to my Carnival stuff
    Im a sucker for all the carnival / fairground Lego sets. Hopefully I will find time this week to try out another design from this set. The Rocket ride is a fantasic little build, so clever and fun.
    Bludchylde1
    ^awesome, like the Emerald City in the background. Never thought of that for my own display...

...but... no flying monkeys?!
    pxchris
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 461
    Sadly, no flying monkeys for me @PJ76uk... I just can't quite justify the BL prices on those guys.
    PJ76ukSumoLegomustang69
    pxchris said:
    Sadly, no flying monkeys for me @PJ76uk... I just can't quite justify the BL prices on those guys.
    Sadly the prices are too high, would've liked to pick up a few more but sticking with the 2 I have from #70917
    pxchrismustang69
  • mustang69mustang69 North CarolinaMember Posts: 365
    ^ & ^^ further proof that Lego just needs to get off their behinds and release Wizard of Oz sets already.
    pxchrisPJ76uk
    Just finished #42094 Tracked Loader
    #8264 Hauler on scheduled arrival tmw!
    dmcc0Switchfoot55FowlerBricks
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 44
    I debuilt half of 31053 to get some parts...

PeteM
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 313

davetheoxygenmanPJ76ukWatfordScottyMBaby_YodapxchrisSwitchfoot55mafonFowlerBricksawahl211
    #8264 completed!
    Switchfoot55PJ76ukGothamConstructionCo
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 515
    Tonight I built the first of the Voltron lions. An interesting build, though I'm worried it might feel a bit repetitive once I've built the other four. It was bigger than I expected, which is great, but I'm a little concerned that the completed model won't fit in my 'mech cabinet' (an IKEA Detolf)!
    pxchris
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 461
    Tonight I built the first of the Voltron lions. An interesting build, though I'm worried it might feel a bit repetitive once I've built the other four. It was bigger than I expected, which is great, but I'm a little concerned that the completed model won't fit in my 'mech cabinet' (an IKEA Detolf)!
    While there was certainly some repetition between the lion pairs (the two leg lions and the two arm lions) I didn't find it overly tiresome or boring. There is enough variance between each that it was still very enjoyable personally. You could change the order that you build in for even more variety however, build a leg lion then and arm one then back to the other leg one...
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 515
    ^ Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to avoid the feeling of repetition by stretching the build out over five nights, with a lion each night, but my wife is out on Friday night and I'm not sure I have the restraint to stick to this when I've got nothing better to do!!
    pxchris
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,431
    My son and I put together a couple of Brickheadz last night. #40354 Dragon Dance Guy and #41606 Star Lord. Both were fun, albeit, fast builds!
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 395
    Just finished the ship part of #76084.  I haven’t built a spaceship of any kind in forever, so was pleasantly surprised as to just how nice a ship this is.  What I didn’t expect out of it? It reminded me so much, whether it was the build process or the color scheme, of #6954.  I’m not really a space guy, but I’m sill happy I’ve kept that set in great condition.  I might have to pull it out & build it again.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,438
    Mono figure collection, slowly progressing.

pxchrisVorpalRyuTheOriginalSimonBLittleLoridatsunrobbieMr_CrossbrickventuresLegoDad42GothamConstructionCo
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 365
    Started building something for Sherlock!

Bludchylde1Switchfoot55Baby_YodaM1J0EBumblepantsLittleLoripxchrisbandit778HugeYellowBrick
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 365
    First floor done. It’s really cool!

And yes, I really like having Friends on in the background. :)
    sid3windrLittleLoriSwitchfoot55Baby_YodaM1J0EFowlerBricksBrikingLegoDad42
  • mh3490mh3490 NW Indiana Member Posts: 315
    edited June 22
    well stopped in and picked this up let's see if @SumoLego can findnthe Easter egg lol 
    FowlerBrickssid3windrMaffyD
  • klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 421
    Ice Cream Cone can stop being so cranky. He has a girlfriend to cheer him up now. :p

jnscoelhoTheOriginalSimonBBaby_Yodasid3windr
    Captain America #4597 now has a pet dog with Fenrir thanks to #76084.

• klintonklinton CanadaMember Posts: 421
    M1J0E said:
    Captain America #4597 now has a pet dog with Fenrir thanks to #76084.

This kinda demands an alt build where you combine them...

sid3windrM1J0EPyrobugBaby_YodaLegoDad42
    ^ awesome!  Never seen that cover before. Thanks!  Haha ok now I have to try this!
    Pyrobug
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 199
    Mini-loader for small brick farms
    Centre steered up-down  loader
    M1J0ELittleLoriGothamConstructionCo
    Extended 31090
    M1J0E
  • cguglielmicguglielmi CanadaMember Posts: 7
    It won’t fit in a Detolf unfortunately. At least it didn’t in mine. I had to put it in a Billy bookcase for now. At least until I buy another Milsbo. 
    edited June 25
    Inventorying 4502 X-wing Fighter in preparation for a huge trade in my near future. I cant wait!
    #veryexcited 
    M1J0E
    ^ Hope the trade all goes well!
  • Strider64Strider64 Livonia, MIMember Posts: 31

Finished assembling the above and took some quick pictures of it. I'm going to put this with the Saturn V that I built awhile back and take better pictures of them together. 
    Switchfoot55pxchrisM1J0EKoolbrix2018PyrobugLegoDad42
  • PyrobugPyrobug Louisville, KyMember Posts: 91
    Just finished.
    Switchfoot55LittleLoriLegoDad42
    ^I'm on my way in an hour to build mine. Looking forward to it!
    PyrobugLittleLori
    @Pyrobug- it's watching you...
    Pyrobug
    @M1J0E- it's with a reliable, responsible guy I've dealt with before, so no concerns. However, I have probable bad news for Switchfoot55... :(
    Switchfoot55
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,455
    @M1J0E - It's interesting that you compare the Battle for Asgard Ship (the Grandmaster's pleasure yacht) with a Blacktron Renegade - I don't think I'd ever make a connection between those two! But now I look at it, the 'arms' of the Renegade do come out and round like the arms on the other ship. I have to confess I don't have the #6954 but I loved building the Asgard set - the whole package is just very appealing.
    ^ Believe me @MaffyD it wasn’t a connection I was expecting!  But yes, it did hit me about the time I was building the arms out & around just as you say.  Then forming the cockpit, that seemed very similar to me, but using modern parts.  It’s not a connection anybody would make if you’ve built a lot of ships, but if you’re me & haven’t built a ship since, well it might seem more similar.  :D. Agreed on the appeal of the whole package being appealing as well.  It’s not a set I normally would’ve picked up, even enjoying the Marvel sets, I’ve bought cars & buildings.  But I loved the movie, and really, more than most, this set seems to sum up the whole movie in one box.  The hulk arena one was an important scene & development earlier in the movie, and I skipped that set, but I’m more than happy I found $76084.
    MaffyD
    @gelkster, my other influx of technic just hasn't materialized! So, such is life... 

The NEXT one you get, we can work out a trade! 
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,831
    Started #21309 Saturn V a couple nights ago, my intent is to actually build it by the Apollo 11 50th anniversary

very impressed with how quickly it's taking shape
    and other brands make you appreciate how clear LEGO instructions are and how easy the pieces are to find
    Just finished this fellow. Started about 6 months ago, but got bored. Only just got the juice to have another crack. Some expensive parts!

SumoLegoBaby_Yoda
    Hidden in its new home..

ersiPJ76ukpxchrisBastyM1J0EKoolbrix2018