Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 384
    TheFew said:
    I’ve got several SC builds that were the result of other builders. Nothing wrong with that. I always give the proper credit when I post something like that.

Also, I should probably stop slacking and get to work on that Magnus Walker 911 i wanna build. The remaining parts came today.
    FizyxTheFew
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,461
    Oooops! Props to @TheFew on the wipers! Great looking Porsche.
    Fizyx
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Black Panther Blu-ray bonus features sneak peek featuring an extended scene:
    #60188 Ulysses Klaue Smuggling Vibranium Out Of Wakanda. Really nice set.

BumblepantsdavetheoxygenmanFizyxFowlerBricksgmonkey76snowhitie
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,933
    edited March 2018
    That's a Black Bear, not the Black Panther.

@Addicted2Oxygen - I love that every photo has a pirate ship of some sort.  
    Addicted2Oxygen
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,536
    So, since buying a load of Infinity War sets at the weekend, my son has challenged me to build a set a day until the end of the week!
    Obviously, school nights are a bit awkward, but last night I managed this:

Not much going on with this set, but obviously the real draw is when you have the other ship built. Teenage Groot is cool, and Rocket and Thor are exactly how you'd expect. Not sure what the spinning shield generator thing is  but I suppose we'll see when the film is out.

Tonight it's the turn of the Hulk Buster set.
    FizyxFowlerBrickssnowhitieMr_Cross
  • malachirobertsonmalachirobertson Indiana, USAMember Posts: 268
    Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but has anyone come up with a good build for the left over parts after making the three different builds of the mini ultimate batmobile?  I got three of the polybags and made one of each build, but there are several left over pieces.
    FowlerBricks
    edited March 2018
    ^ Hmm... I've got those pieces handy. Might have a look later on once I've got this IW challenge completed.

Speaking of which, here's the Hulk Buster set:

I think it's really good. The suit is well constructed with decent articulation. There's a play feature which my son really likes, but could prevent some poses, so Lego have made it easy to remove. Falcon's "bird costume" is a little too big, but I prefer the articulation it provides (see photo). The cannon is cool, and is obviously a very cool play feature. Finally, the minifigs are as good as we come to expect from this line. Very happy!
    Oh, and here is the comparison with the original:

Yep, it's better. Although the legs on the older one are more adjustable and it has stud shooters on the arms. The newer one is just more imposing.

Final thought. There are more than a few larger pieces in this set than I was expecting, but they are pretty cool or structurally significant, so I'll let it go...
    FowlerBrickssnowhitieMr_CrossMegtheCatstlux
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,626
    edited March 2018
    ^I love both those sets! The UCS one...not so much.

(Why no stickers?!?)
    @FowlerBricks - I'm against the clock when I build on a weekday, so my meticulous sticker placement has to be put aside until I can be really careful. Also, I'm not a fan of stickers. Also also, I'm wondering if I leave them off, will I notice? Another also, some people like to see sets without stickers to judge how they look.

I did wonder if anyone would ask though! So, for tonight's build I did this:

Really pleasant, quick build. I like the minifigs, despite Black Widow having hair that is a little too sunflower for my tastes. The foot soldiers are menacing and Cap looks great.

The way the ship unfolds is different and looks good, and I like the teal.

And because it was a small set I also did this:

Never seen Thanos look so cute. Anyone else notice what's missing though (not a missing piece, but missed in the design)?

All photos have been shrunk.
    FizyxFowlerBrickssnowhitieMr_Cross
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 490
    MaffyD said:

Never seen Thanos look so cute. Anyone else notice what's missing though (not a missing piece, but missed in the design)?

All photos have been shrunk.
    Isn't there supposed to be 6 stones?
    MaffyD
    ^ Yep. I suppose it was too hard to make it work, so they approximated. I've lost a bit of gruntle about it, but I'll try to fix it myself later.
    Ok! So it's on!

Tom is helping with the minifigs. Although I'm slightly worried he's not referring to the instructions.
    FowlerBrickssnowhitieMr_CrossMooreFX
    Oh ,Thomas!

That's going to be annoying. :-)
    FowlerBricksBillyBricks84snowhitieMr_CrossMooreFXMegtheCat
  • Coolguy5000Coolguy5000 Ireland Member Posts: 1,520
    @MaffyD stick a bar into it and if tight enough should twist out.
    gmonkey76MaffyDMr_Cross
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    ^and if that doesn't work a dental pick will work(if you have them)
    MaffyDMr_Cross
    Don't worry guys, the pin came out after a little encouragement. And here's the finished model:

It's a good shape, easily swooshable, and the minifigs are good. Iron Man's new boosters are really big, which I think works really well in Lego scale.
    Having another model attach to the back makes it a lot better, in fact you can tell there's something missing without it.
    Only thing that wasn't quite good enough is the hover sled that comes out of the front. They don't have much space to work with, considering it had to fit in the cockpit, but I still think a more attractive model could be made.
    BumblepantssnowhitieMr_CrossMooreFXstluxGame_on
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,086
    The cat's name is not "Cecilia" but it probably should be. Not helping with trying to finish up a couple projects.

GothamConstructionCoFowlerBricksBumblepantsMooreFXstluxSpeedman29
    @malachirobertson I just build these out of leftover parts from three mini Batmobiles.

A bat-dragster and some kind of robot sheep. There aren't many bigger pieces left over to build something substantial, but there was a set of wheels, so a vehicle is possible. It's a bit fragile though.
    FizyxricecakeMr_CrossMooreFX
    I also thought I'd see what one of the more sticker-filled sets looked like without them:

Yeah, it does suffer somewhat. Still pretty similar to an actual Ford Fiesta (as close as Lego can get anyway). I think I'll put the stickers on this one though.
    Mr_CrossMooreFXthe_creative_boxMynatt
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2018
    @maffyd Mighty micros are perfect for a daily build when you've not got much time. I did 3 this week :) very happy though, end of March and I've not missed a day.
    MooreFXMaffyD
    @scottdd2 Really like those, especially the top one with the blue and yellow 'dot's.

I've finally had some time/energy to build abit more on the diner.
    Really love how they made the brick effect and the way the window boxes work. Loving this set.

And my Easter bunny is sticing around, singing a tune.
    MooreFXLegopantsFowlerBricksTheOriginalSimonBdatsunrobbieGame_on
  • scottdd2scottdd2 ADELAIDEMember Posts: 54

Thanks @snowhitie it's been a long term wish to build these so I'm glad they turned out. I've got the diner on it's way so looking forward to building it (just nowhere to put it once done)

Here's a couple more.

FowlerBricksSwitchfoot55datsunrobbieLEGO_Dad77
  • mafonmafon TushinoMember Posts: 48

Blood! Blood Blood!

FowlerBricksRsa33LEGO_Dad77
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 316

Completed the Parisian Restaurant. This is my favourite modular so far. Some nice little builds, lots of details, and interesting techniques. Each floor was a delight. Given how each modular has been better than the last, I am starting to have unreasonable expectations of how great the diner will be!

Worringly I had a 1x1 brick left over from the last bag. Can’t see anywhere it is missing, but suspicious about it being a spare. 

@SumoLego the ghost ship is getting annoyed that the modulars are slowly squeezing its space. 
    BumblepantssnowhitieGame_onSumoLego
    That samurai stole my sausage!
    FizyxdavetheoxygenmanBumblepantsstlux
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 2,860
    SumoLego said:
    That samurai stole my sausage!
    well seeing as it a samurai, your going to need to call on the samurai pizza cats, there the purrfect hero to stop a samurai.
    ricecake
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,877
    #853556 even simpler than a polybag. nice little set, glad I got it on sale and with promos, but was still expensive

• Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 316
    @SumoLego it was the best simulacrum I could put together. 
    SumoLego
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    My eldest turned 8 today and already finished his first big Technic set. 

sid3windrstluxSwitchfoot55OnebricktoomanyFowlerBricksbandit778gmonkey76datsunrobbie
  • Game_onGame_on USAMember Posts: 90
    I really haven't built a whole lot lately.  Just a few poly bags when I had some time.

The Milano and Green Mech Dragon from the Ninjago movie. 

Nothing super exciting. 

I have to finish up my shelving project to make more room so I can tap back into the larger sets again. 
    Onebricktoomany
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 214
    Was mad to get jungle half track but wasn't impressed by finished product ,doesn't track well ,monument weak ,small buggy ugly but Jaguar is sweet
    Onebricktoomany
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173
    Busy trying to make my idea for the monthly contest actually happen. The Lego I own is being most uncooperative and it all seemed so much simpler in my head. Hats off to anyone who makes MOCs on a regular basis, this is my most challenging yet and it's pretty basic compared to some people. :D
    Onebricktoomanysnowhitie
  • Muftak1Muftak1 Somewhere cold, probably raining (aka Ireland)Member Posts: 490
    Finally got to build BB-8 over Easter after having picked him up at Christmas.

mafonFizyxBumblepantssnowhitieMegtheCat
    That looks excellent.  Feels a bit narrow, though.  (The original set - definitely not your MOC.)

I also envy your 'mess'.
    Fizyxsnowhitie
  • TkattTkatt MNMember Posts: 328
    ^I hope to acquire at least one more of the set in order to expand to a 32 wide baseplate for the Sanctorum. As it is I had to steal borrow several 1x2 Medium Nougat bricks from my daughters friends sets. Luckily she's been into other toys lately and hasn't noticed.
    dutchlegofan50
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,834
    @Tkatt I really like how you cleaned up the apartment side. It looks really good with the technic beams filled in with 1x1 rounds and made into a corner unit. The extra height is great too.
    BrickByBrick
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,298
    Had a small set build session after tea. Started with #60077 which we bought at the National Space Centre

Then moved onto #70606 that was one of my BS secret Santa gifts

Added the corner section to my other TLNM sets that form a mini Chinatown. Need some tiles to pave it now.
    GothamConstructionCo
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 781
    The Atlantis theme came out during my dark ages, and I was browsing around and took a hard look at it for the first time a couple of months ago, and decided I liked what I saw, which led to this:

My display space is rather limited at the moment (as I'm sure you can tell by the piles stacked up at the bottom of the picture...) but I was able to get all of the sets in the space I have... Really like the theme, and it's very interesting contrasting everything about it to sets that have come out in the last couple of years.  You would think with a history as long as it is, 8 years wouldn't be THAT much time in terms of set design, but it really was. 
    datsunrobbiericecakeBumblepantssnowhitieSwitchfoot55Mr_Cross
  • scottdd2scottdd2 ADELAIDEMember Posts: 54
    Bushfire brigade now. A tanker, an urban pumper and Quick Attack Vehicle.
    Bumblepantssid3windrFowlerBricksMAGNINOMINISUMBRAGothamConstructionCoLEGO_Dad77

More #60097 - fun.
    Switchfoot55FowlerBrickssid3windrMuftak1TheOriginalSimonBbrickventuresMr_CrossLEGO_Dad77
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    Got lucky and scored this from Target for $80.  Yes I’m bragging. Never would have bought it otherwise. Great build of course if a bit fiddly in spots. 
    snowhitieBumblepants
    edited April 2018
    @Mathew that's worth bragging about! Enjoy.
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    Wasn't sure about the ship in a bottle until I saw it on display. Made a few little mods to mine though. Also added white to the red and green flag at the back to make it look more like the Welsh flag. Was tempted to try and squeeze an octopus in there but decided against it. 

BumblepantsMegtheCatsnowhitie