• TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,474
    ^#21101 Hayabusa?
    Yep! A bricklinked one.
    FowlerBricks
    Replacement stickers order from Oz!
    FowlerBricks
  • Strider64Strider64 Livonia, MIMember Posts: 31

I was going to build the Lego Taj Mahal, but decided to build the Lego Saturn Rocket instead. I'm all thumbs with this build so far and plus I feel like I'm trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. LOL 
    MegtheCatkiki180703tallblocktooKLOKRIECHERLEGO_Dad77snowhitie
    My next bricklinked creation.. but what is it?

KLOKRIECHER
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 322
    Shinkai submarine?
    TheFewmafon
    @MrJackson yep!
    Another quick build...

KLOKRIECHERgratefulnattallblocktoosnowhitie
    In their new home..

davetheoxygenmanFizyxkiki180703KLOKRIECHERFowlerBricksgratefulnattallblocktooBuriedinBrickssnowhitie
    @TheFew did you sub out the orange pieces for flame yellowish orange, or whatever Bricklink calls this color? The tail in Orange is horrifically expensive. 
    @MrJackson yes the orange was a substitute. I used the tail from #31042
  • readersamreadersam USAMember Posts: 62
    TheFew said:
    In their new home..

Where did you get that case? I like it.
    KLOKRIECHERLegobuilder178
    Ikea £40. I think it is called a Casseby.
    KLOKRIECHER
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    It`s called Detolf from Ikea.
    TheFewkiki180703Jern92
  • readersamreadersam USAMember Posts: 62
    Thank you for the info. Time to browse the Ikea site again.
    arathemis said:
    It`s called Detolf from Ikea.
    That's the one! The casseby's are the smaller display units that i have on my wall.  I remember now.
  • KLOKRIECHERKLOKRIECHER GermanyMember Posts: 119
    I finally opened the Ninjago Movie blind bags. Looking forward to put them in my Collectable Minifigure display:

FowlerBricksLEGO_Dad77snowhitie
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 779
    I finally opened the Ninjago Movie blind bags. Looking forward to put them in my Collectable Minifigure display:

I have to say, the shark army general has some of the absolutely best printing I've seen on a minifig, and it's one of my favorite CMFs because of it.  I give it bonus points since it ties into the Garmadon's Lair set, where it shows the same character being fired out of the top of the volcano to provide a really great before and after.
    FowlerBricksSirBrickalotOfLego
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803

My latest WIP on LEGO Digital Designer. Some type of transparent girl with a mechanical skeleton.
    KLOKRIECHERbandit778Fizyxricecakekiki180703Mynatt
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Added the station to my WV today.
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Bags 1-3 done...
    KLOKRIECHERbandit778Bumblepantskiki180703tallblocktoosnowhitieMynatt
    edited December 2017
    Here's a look at the 2017 Christmas Build-Up so far:

The pieces:

And the builds:

Day 01 (Looks like MetalBeards Sea Cow from the LEGO Movie):
    Day 02:

Day 03:

Day 04:

Day 05:

MegtheCatLEGO_Dad77
    Day 06:

Day 07:

Day 08:

Day 09:

Day 10:

MooreFXMegtheCatmafonLEGO_Dad77
    Day 11:

Day 12:

Day 13:

Day 14:
    Day 15:

And day 16:

Strider64MooreFXkiki180703MegtheCatLEGO_Dad77snowhitie
    About to build this year's employee holiday gift. However, it's only the 2nd coolest thing I've done tonight. 
    FizyxdspigelKLOKRIECHERkiki180703MegtheCatSwitchfoot55LittleLoritallblocktoosnowhitie
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 546
    Just finished #71618 Destiny's Bounty. What a great build. I've never built a Lego ship before, so it was a completely new experience. Though putting the sails on was a bit nerve wracking; I was convinced at least one was going to rip! 
    BumblepantsFizyxkiki180703MegtheCatbandit778
  • ateagueateague EnglandMember Posts: 171
    Looks amazing. 
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 894
    Built below bunch of loose sets today, bought them without minifigures.

SirBrickalotOfLegodatsunrobbiekiki180703KLOKRIECHER
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,835
    Finally cracked open my #75192 that has been patiently waiting for me since 19th Sept.

Bag 1 built. Will aim to do bag 2 tomorrow, although bag 2 doesn't look half as involved as bag 1. Bag 1 took around 2 hours, while watching some series 2 GoT in the background.
    tallblocktoo
  • Madzoos_LEGOMadzoos_LEGO Illinois USAMember Posts: 5
    I decided I didn't want to wait until I'm an expert to dive into a Creator Expert set, so I'm building #10255 Assembly Square.  I'm having rookie issues - I had some trouble with one of the bakery windows, for example, but I'm having a blast.  I had to laugh when I read a review that said it took the builder 7 hours.  I've been going at it longer than that, and I only just started part set 3.
    FowlerBricksDeeC2_Joshkiki180703MegtheCatSirBrickalotOfLegoMaffyDsid3windrtallblocktoosnowhitie
  • M1J0EM1J0E Calgary, ABMember Posts: 462
    Enjoy assembly square!  It was my second after detectives office, so I got a little quicker at building it.  But for me yeah, 7hrs is about a set of bags, not the whole set too! 
    Madzoos_LEGO
    Well I tried my first Brickheadz just before Christmas, and not surprising I’d try the Cap’n (hey I don’t mind being called Captain America).  Found a new example though of his earlier constraction counterpart on Bricklink for a reasonable price so decided to try my hand at it.  It doesn’t really feel like LEGO though, something I’m sure I’ll think when I finally try my hand at modern Technic.  Are all constraction builds like this?  All weird ball joint pieces forming a skeleton, & body pieces that click on the balls?  The build was a little fussy, but the result is an impressive enough figure.  It just doesn’t quite seem like LEGO, closer to Technic I guess.  I did however find a first.  The blue technic pin that hold his shield in place is a common enough extra part where it appears in sets.  I got 4 extras in this set for 5 total!
    MegtheCatkiki180703KLOKRIECHER
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,803
    M1J0E said:
    Are all constraction builds like this?  All weird ball joint pieces forming a skeleton, & body pieces that click on the balls?  The build was a little fussy, but the result is an impressive enough figure.  It just doesn’t quite seem like LEGO, closer to Technic I guess.
    Most pre-2011 constraction sets have armor shells attached by pins and/or axles rather than ball joints (as well as more single piece limb and torso segments with pre-molded armor and mechanical details, rather than generic body segments you fill out and decorate with additional armor).

Since 2012 the mostly ball joint based builds have remained the standard, but there has been a trend towards using more basic Technic parts like pins, axles, gears, connectors, and panels in addition to that (and even occasional System parts) rather than builds that are almost purely shells and beams. K-2SO is a good example of a recent constraction set that uses basic Technic much more extensively.
    Aanchir said:
    M1J0E said:
    Are all constraction builds like this?  All weird ball joint pieces forming a skeleton, & body pieces that click on the balls?  The build was a little fussy, but the result is an impressive enough figure.  It just doesn’t quite seem like LEGO, closer to Technic I guess.
    Most pre-2011 constraction sets have armor shells attached by pins and/or axles rather than ball joints (as well as more single piece limb and torso segments with pre-molded armor and mechanical details, rather than generic body segments you fill out and decorate with additional armor).

Since 2012 the mostly ball joint based builds have remained the standard, but there has been a trend towards using more basic Technic parts like pins, axles, gears, connectors, and panels in addition to that (and even occasional System parts) rather than builds that are almost purely shells and beams. K-2SO is a good example of a recent constraction set that uses basic Technic much more extensively.
    Thanks for the insight Aanchir.  I looked up K-2SO, checking the parts & reading the instructions.  It does seem like that build is much more technic like.  Looks like an interesting direction for constraction, unlike the one I tried which was all ball joints & shells that attach to them.  
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,625
    M1J0E said:
    Aanchir said:
    M1J0E said:

Thanks for the insight Aanchir.  I looked up K-2SO, checking the parts & reading the instructions.  It does seem like that build is much more technic like.  Looks like an interesting direction for constraction, unlike the one I tried which was all ball joints & shells that attach to them.  
    Baze Malbus has quite a bit of Technic as well.
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 493
    #10259, but there's a bag of pieces missing! Frustrating.
    Thanks for the tip Fowler!  I had no idea as I’m really ignorant to this type of building.  They certainly could do superheroes again by the look of some of the awesome Star Wars figures they're doing!
    Aanchir
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,625
    @M1J0E: they definitely should, because, in my opinion those first Super Heroes figs weren't that great...well, Iron Man was cool, but the others were just weird. I was a huge fan of Hero Factory (and still am) when it was out and there are quite a few neat Heroes and Villains there as well, but they tended to be fairly simple. I'm hoping for a reboot soon, but they may not since the Star Wars CCBS figs seem to be doing so well. The funny thing is, I actually hated the Baze fig when I first saw it. He looks so derpy on the box, but when you crack open the box and build him, you won't be disappointed with him (you might be with his gun though). Lego is getting a lot better with the faces. If you want even more technic mixed with CCBS, then you should check out the Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike and keep your eyes open for the AT-RT that's coming out this summer.
    Aanchir
    Thanks again Fowler for all the help!  I’ve never had any Star Wars set before, so I really am ignorant to this style of building.  I’ve never done hero factory either.  But done well I can certainly see the appeal.  I’m not necessarily ready to seek out even Iron man from the original super heroes, but applying some of the build techniques present in the Star Wars figs, they should hav ea hit on their hands applying it to superheroes.  Be interesting tos eve what they do with their style of building beyond Star Wars in the coming future as IIRC even Hero factory is done as a theme.  Even if I hadn’t done anything with that theme, I still have to lament it’s demise as it reduces available variety for all.  
    FowlerBricks
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 384
    The Aston Martin Vulcan is one of my favorite modern cars, so I tried to replicate the monstrous track car in LEGO:

I’m really itching to attempt a Saleen S7 in blue as my next build, but, my mind works like a vehicle name database. Saleen S7, 1919 Cadillac Type 57, 1954 Rolls Royce Silver Dawn, Maserati Bora, Ford F-150 SVT Lightning, etc. The ideas and possibilities are endless.
    MaffyDMegtheCatKLOKRIECHERmadejp86
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,291
    started on the silent mary. the 1st bag felt like building a star wars set. or the 2015 destiny bounty. that's pretty weird to think you are building a pirate ship when you don't have a complete hull made of metapieces after 2 min.
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    edited December 2017
    Well I am 7 bags into Destiny’s bounty, and I may have the Lego ship bug now! Lovely build so far, and hoping to finish today. Only negative is that I'm missing one of the anchor chains from my set, and I don’t onto have one that length in my Lego storage so I guess that’s a call to CS at some point. But it has not put me off the set at all! 
    Bumblepants
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 748
    Built bags 1 and 2 of #21310 tonight
  • OrmskirkBricksOrmskirkBricks England, UKMember Posts: 265
    ok, so I finished the Destiny's Bounty...#70618 and I am trying VERY hard not to look for other ship sets on eBay! What a great build, lots of fun, and a lovely display piece. Its the only Ninjago set I own currently, but now very tempted to look at some of the other sets.

Only change I would suggest would be the sails, they are fantastic, but look a little small for the size of the ship. 

I really hope that Lego give us more ship builds in the future! Anyone recommend any other ship based sets?
    FizyxLEGO_Dad77FowlerBricksMooreFXMegtheCat
  • arathemisarathemis sometimes here, sometimes thereMember Posts: 353
    ^Silent mary...great display piece
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454
    @OrmskirkBricks Granted I dont have many ships but Queen Anne's Revenge is a beauty