What are you building right now?

Comments

• CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 384
    Current WIP is a modernized #6646

I still need to add the side pipes and printed tiles that the set came with. Those are in an incoming BL order.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,531
    Finally finished:

Lovely jet, good size and accommodates minifigs very nicely.
    pharmjodblogzillybandit778snowhitiecatwranglerMegtheCatFowlerBricksMr_Cross
  • blogzillyblogzilly Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 598
    I like the jet. Very cool. 
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    After seeing @bandit778 Speederbike piloted BMW and having gained a constraction Jango Fett in a recent FB bargain haul. It seemed the perfect solution to a cramped display shelf....
    [snip]
    Surely the endgame here is a constraction fig of Obi Wan on the BMW 1200 for that true Long Way Round/Down vibe? Maybe if someone has the skills they can make a custom Ewan McGregor fig using Obi Wan's head and other parts?
    bandit778ricecake
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,942
    edited September 2017
    After seeing @bandit778 Speederbike piloted BMW and having gained a constraction Jango Fett in a recent FB bargain haul. It seemed the perfect solution to a cramped display shelf....
    [snip]
    Surely the endgame here is a constraction fig of Obi Wan on the BMW 1200 for that true Long Way Round/Down vibe? Maybe if someone has the skills they can make a custom Ewan McGregor fig using Obi Wan's head and other parts?

The head from #75109 and the body and legs from #75116 would do the job and would probably look quite good. Not sure how you would do Charlie Boorman though.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited September 2017
    ^Do the parts exist to make the motorcycle in red?
    As for Charlie himself, the best feasible head might come in the form of an old Luke figure I guess!
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    Ran out of space to store unbuilt sets, so building Star Wars ship this week and taking down other built sets to make room to display the new ones.

Also, found out there is enough space under the living room sofa to store several sets in Ziploc bags.
    Wookie2Glacierfalls265
  • yoshixyoshix ScarifMember Posts: 1
    I'm taking Cavegods AT-AT and converting it to an AT-ACT
    catwranglerAddicted2OxygenMAGNINOMINISUMBRAFowlerBricksMr_CrosssnowhitieMynatt
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 412
    ^ I thought it was on wheels! :D
    yoshixGlacierfalls265Mr_Cross
  • M_BossM_Boss Houston, TexasMember Posts: 236
    Forgot to enter my brickheadz into the competition, but they would've stood no chance.  I made the barbarian and archer from clash of clans.
    catwranglersnowhitie
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 853
    edited September 2017
    Just finished bb-8 yesterday. Goes great with R2-D2
    M_Bosssid3windrSirBrickalotOfLegobluedragonOnebricktoomanyMegtheCatsnowhitie
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,875
    #5004932 My Travel Companion is a minifig with a few accessories, but I did snap something together. The passport booklet has a lot of cute minifig in real world photos. Most of it's beach or fishing themed so I put it with my Ocean collection. Looking forward to getting #60153 Fun at the Beach to go with it.

#5004936 Iconic Cave is 2 figs already assembled. Not sure how to classify that. Cool little set but the figures look a bit cheap.

--

@sid3windr I don't think brick separatators would work on tiles. Is the flat end enough of a wedge? Sometimes I've used a non sharp letter opener for tiles.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,875
    I use brick separators on tiles regularly. That's what the thin tapered end is for.
    davetheoxygenmanFowlerBricksM_BossKingAlanIJern92snowhitie
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,395
    ^^ Yep, that's exactly what the other end is for, works wonders, and fits into the "with groove" part of the tiles ;)
  • Madkins007Madkins007 NebraskaMember Posts: 14
    I had a good birthday recently, so got a buncha stuff after a dry spell of rebuilds and mocs.

Just finished 60160 Jungle Mobile Lab and 60161 Jungle Exploration Site, as well as the 75902 Mystery Machine (part of my 'Iconic Vehicles and their teams' collection) 

Working on 42043 Arocs B-version build (finished the cab, working on rear axle assembly), and a Lewis and Clark vignette using a Tribal Girl for Sacajawea, a red canoe, a brown bear (Lewis was the one who officially described the grizzly bear), a revolutionary war soldier for Lewis, and a modified Wiley Fusebot for Clark. I wanted to do the keelboat but don't have the right parts.
    catwrangler
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,295
    Built #60151 that I picked up a couple of months ago in a Sainsburys sale and had forgotten about....

....its nice, but I was comparing it to some of the other City trucks I have and its lacking a little in details. Compared to the cab of #3221 it feels a little basic. But it was a fun build and gave us a chance to watch some Top Fuel drag racing to explain the Christmas  tree starting lights. The dragster is hopefully going to get stretched out by a stud in length to make it a V8 as well. And that wheelie bar needs some work as I can't get the front wheels high enough off the ground from a hard launch!

• SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,913
    edited September 2017
    Does an A4 sheet count as a plaque?

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

(But to answer your question - no.  It must be a black sticker that is susceptible to that one frustrating crease or bubble.)
    Onebricktoomanygmonkey76M_BossSeijiAmasawacaterham7
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 282
    SumoLego said:
    You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Hmm... Capt. America wouldn't have understood that reference...  Sadly, I do!
    SumoLego
    Hmm... Capt. America wouldn't have understood that reference...  Sadly, I do!
    Not everything can be a flying monkey.

Jaws should really be on that list... disco?  Seriously?!?
    OnebricktoomanycatwranglerMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • mleslie5mleslie5 Kansas CityMember Posts: 3
    Well, Grand Emporium just showed up on my doorstep today. But most of my efforts are focused on my Deli Corner modular.
    Boardshorts85
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,395
    edited September 2017
    Part 1 of a replica of #4000001 done. I knew I had to start building it after seeing it at the LEGO House. Even if I'm still missing 4 pieces... better get on that Bricklink thing again.
    stluxKerresnowhitie
  • stefxanstefxan AustriaMember Posts: 57
    The Tower of Orthanac should be incoming today 
    FowlerBricksBumblepantssnowhitie
  • Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 175
    mleslie5 said:
    Well, Grand Emporium just showed up on my doorstep today. But most of my efforts are focused on my Deli Corner modular.
    I bought GE on eBay a few months back and was of mixed emotions when it arrived fully assembled.  I haven't had a chance to disassemble and experience the build yet, but it looks beautiful with my modular setup.  One of my favorites.

Corner Deli modular starts this weekend... 
  • jedijason1138jedijason1138 Member Posts: 150
    Built the Kylo Ren TIE Fighter last night. I bought it on Force Friday 2, but waited while I wrapped up putting together a 2000 piece Star Wars puzzle. I completed the puzzle, fearing that I was missing pieces, but turned out to be fine. The TIE Fighter is decent sized, but looks very cool when assembled.
    Kerre
    Knocked over my modified S16 Rogue army. rearranged the figs as I picked them up and put them back. also inventoried my list of modifications. I had spears/pikes sticking out for a more realistic look, but standing them up allows me to fit more figs more neatly. only a few more and I can fill a 32x32 baseplate.

@Boardshorts85 For official sets, I'm more interested in displaying and playing than building, so I'd consider that a bonus. Was it disassembled at all? Sometimes I take apart a few things for more compact storage.

@KingAlanI - a few pieces like the ice cream stand up front fell off in transport, but everything else was fully assembled and bubble wrapped by level.  Hats off to the seller, it was brilliantly packaged.  Eventually I'll take it apart and learn from the build techniques.... eventually.
    KingAlanI
    @Boardshorts85 about accessories falling off - @SumoLego sold me a #10234 and left it assembled, but took down the lampposts - like that but unintentional?

SumoLego
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 423
    :)
    PeteMMegtheCatSirBrickalotOfLegosnowhitiestluxsid3windrMr_Cross
    KingAlanI said:
    @Boardshorts85 about accessories falling off - @SumoLego sold me a #10234 and left it assembled, but took down the lampposts - like that but unintentional?
    I had problems keeping those silly lamppost on the set when it was stationary!
  • snowhitiesnowhitie BelgiumMember Posts: 2,853
    edited September 2017
    After spending most of the last week breaking down and sorting I was allowed to build 2 bags from my son's Turbo Tank. Putting on the wheels got a bit repetitive but bag 5 was fun. Looks very sturdy!

bandit778MegtheCatLegogramBumblepantsstluxMr_CrossFowlerBricksLEGO_Dad77
    I was going to wait until I had a few more of The Lego Ninjago Movie sets before I built any of them but I had a dragon itch that needed scratching and I cannot remember which box I put the older Ninjago sets in (more like I couldn't be arsed to move boxes about to find them) so as it was near the top of the pile #70612 was it.
    One bag and four stickers in, what I thought was going to be a fairly relaxed build is taking ages as all the stickers are highly visable and I really don't want to mess them up. Lots of lovely sand green pieces though.
    stluxLegogramMegtheCattallblocktooSirBrickalotOfLego
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,394
    Picked up the Temple of Airjitzu (I like the Japanese architecture), The Old Fishing Store and the Winter Train Station (as well as three halloween sets). I hadn't purchased much for a while but that Old Fishing Store will look great in a Halloween/Scooby Doo type display.

Anyone know of any custom Scooby Dumb or Scrappy Doo figs? Also looking for Simpsons customs.
    LEGO_Dad77FowlerBricks
  • LEGO_Dad77LEGO_Dad77 Northeastern CaliforniaMember Posts: 243
    Anyone know of any custom Scooby Dumb or Scrappy Doo figs? Also looking for Simpsons customs.
    I don't, but I'm with you on looking for more Scooby Family members. Keeping my fingers crossed for a Hanna-Barbera CMF line somewhere down the road. Probably get arthritis...
    SirBrickalotOfLego
    @KingAlanI The lampost may have been one that was taken off intentionally, but the rest was just misc pieces that came dislodged - one of the two planters by the entry, the ice cream stand, the mailbox, a couple of the flags at the second level, and a few of the interior assemblies came dislodged.  But all in all, everything was there so its all good!
    KingAlanI
    @bandit778 you forgot sore fingertips. I'm feeling the pain because I was working on disassembling 10234 tonight. :P
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,531

^ Disassembly is always harder than assembly - it's like the bricks 'want' to be together.

That makes me a little sad about the sets I put back into boxes... :-(

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,826
    bandit778 said:

(also got round to building the speeder bike for the Bike Scout which is why it's in the background)

Why not just let the Scout Trooper ride the dragon?
    edited September 2017
    @Bumblepants
    Give the boy a chance, they look silly enough being made to wear bright white armour in a forest environment without looking like he's pushed the kids out of the way on a funfair ride. :)
    BumblepantsLEGO_Dad77

City Hall for my Winter Village. Was inspired by the decorative lantern in the background of a pic I send a friend of the Winter Village Trainstation:

LegogramLEGO_Dad77KerrecatwranglerFowlerBrickstallblocktoo
  • KerreKerre In a bar, under the sea.Member Posts: 409
    ^Lloyd is looking a bit unhinged. He's not taking the delay caused by rail maintenance well it seems. 
    catwranglereMJeeNLJern92M_BossHugeYellowBrickstlux
    Tell me about it. You should see the coffee stall in the station. ;)
    Kerre