Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 376
    edited June 2017
    After moving and having my Lego in storage for nearly 2 years, I'm finally starting to rebuild and reimagine my Lego city. I am trying to decide what to do with the tables. I have 2, and I can't decide to make two separate layouts (one being the main downtown and one focused on an amusement park and rural homes, or somehow combine the tables into one bigger layout. (That sheet of wood lays across the white table to create more area.) Thoughts? 
    I'm in exactly the same conundrum; to build 1 large area (which will basically be too large to allow for proper play), or to split it in a City and an Outskirts/Coastal area. Therefore, I'll be following your progress closely!

To return to the topic of this thread: I've just finished off the XL-version of 31051 (changed from 25cm height and 6x6footing to 40cm height and 8x8footing and an enlarged cabin):
    IMG_1710.JPG
    Due to the use of the macaroni-pieces the entire assembly is quite fragile to move around; the "inner" (made up of 1x4's etc) walls threaten to collapse. Maybe will fit some "strengthening-beams" at a later stage, might this prove to remain an issue.

At least now it has a proper size in comparison to the Modulars, and the "man with camera" can actually stand behind the railings.
    Next up: either 60169 or 31067.
    stluxtfranklin84snowhitieFowlerBrickscatwranglerLEGO_Dad77
  • MrJacksonMrJackson Member Posts: 315
    @tfranklin84
    As will I. I'm starting to finally build my City this summer, so we can compare progress and complain and vent when frustrations arise and see what similar or different solutions are found. Once my big house projects are finished, hopefully by my birthday early August, I plan on getting it built. Looking forward to upcoming double points to order more sidewalk tiles. Despite my wife's objections, I'm not using folding tables - my plan is to build a layout similar to the dad from the Lego Movie, made from wood. The nice thing is, a standard sheet of plywood is 4'x8' so all you need are 8' 2x4s to support it and cross brace it. Plus, if your basement floor is uneven, a fold up table will wobble pretty badly and the feet tend to not be big enough to securely hold pads to keep it level. With a wood-built table, if you use 4"x4" posts as legs, there is enough surface area on the bottom to securely tack in felt pads to both balance the table as well is not destroy your floor. 

My plan is one big U-shaped layout, with the modulars (all 12!) in the middle and the one leg as downtown with my skyscrapers and the other leg functioning as residential housing, and my old #6597 and #1682 forming an air/space-port.

I'll keep you posted.  Looking forward to seeing the development.  I'm back to working on the pantry now. 
    tfranklin84Glacierfalls265snowhitie
  • RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 885
    VorpalRyu said:
    @Recce, relax, I wouldn't worry too much about it, even if you had a million Lego elements, you probably wouldn't have anywhere close to a quarter of all that Lego have made in the way of sets & there are probably a fair number people in that club. I've probably got just over 200,000 Lego elements myself & while I would be curious to see what big sets like Ninjago City, etc, that I could build with my existing pieces, I can't bring myself to dismantle some of the sets I know I'd need bits from. Got to give you props for taking a shot at it, especially with the fact you're working from pictures, not a copy of the instructions, that alone makes your effort pretty impressive. :)
    Thanks! I will generally take parts from small sets, and sets from themes like City, TMNT, Chima etc. I'm not going to open my Deathstar or Sydney Opera House just to get a few pieces. :) 

Also will get from my boy's opened Hero factory sets which are now all dumped in storage boxes at different stages of disassembly. 

May also get from my girl's Friends sets that are fully assembled, but will replace with similar parts or parts of different colour. :) 

• RecceRecce Tiny Little Red DotMember Posts: 885
    Had time to cobble enough bits on this previously abandoned project to get Pinket Street ready to take to Brick Fiesta. Awards and prestige to follow no doubt!

Nice pink! I did a couple of other colour variations last year :) 

OnebricktoomanyFowlerBrickstfranklin84Rsa33LEGO_Dad77Addicted2Oxygen
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,601
    stlux said:
    Mini #30449 The Milano next to it's #76021 big brother from 2014:

Clever use of Dimensions pads.
    stluxJooTogIceCreamClone
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,349
    Started on Firehouse HQ with my little girl as school didn't bother filling the last half day of the school year. Bag set 2 out of 14 is done, phew. :-)
    LEGO_Dad77
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,777
    ^ Huh, I must have missed the scene where Dr. Strange joined the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Switchfoot55
  • DeeC2_JoshDeeC2_Josh SoCal Member Posts: 64
    Anything is possible with help from cannabis lol
    SumoLego
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,433
    ^Wonder if stormtroopers are better at hitting stuff with a car than with a blaster?
    OnebricktoomanySprinkleOtterstlux
  • DeeC2_JoshDeeC2_Josh SoCal Member Posts: 64
    ^ They don't fit the best in the Speed champions sets but I love the look, especially in the Scuderia Ferrari.
    gmonkey76
    Now, to dig Daphne and Velma out of the Mystery Mansion...

MegtheCatsnowhitieOnebricktoomanystluxGlacierfalls265LEGO_Dad77
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 485
    Saturn V, Brick Bank, and modifying Assembly Square. I really need to be more disciplined.
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 280
    ^^ is that a hobby lobby display case?
    edited July 2017
    Yes - it's one manufactured by Pioneer Plastics.  

(I forget what size it is, but I have a slightly smaller one that is full of Ninja Turtles.)

In the 'How do you display minifigures' thread, I use the display cases for the toy tractor trailers for CMF collections.
    Onebricktoomany
  • legobodlegobod CA USAMember Posts: 213
    Daiso Japan have $4/$5 display cases like that.

Tracked down all the pieces for the Black monarch's ghost set at my mother's house, I have something to add to it when I get home though...
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    ^^ is that a hobby lobby display case?
    I believe is the one on the top.

SumoLegoSprinkleOtterOnebricktoomany
  • OnebricktoomanyOnebricktoomany United StatesMember Posts: 280
    edited July 2017
     It looks great!  Photographs well also.  Thank you all.
  • Rsa33Rsa33 USAMember Posts: 156
    Baronsat's Throne Room

bandit778OnebricktoomanycatwranglerThoughtsonblocks
  • JooTogJooTog Southern CaliforniaMember Posts: 938
    I seriously lack any kind of decent MOC skills, and I cannot make BrickHeadz hair to save my life.

Sooo... here is a kodama from Princess Mononoke ;-)

stluxkhmellymelricecakeOnebricktoomanysid3windrcatwranglerLEGO_Dad77FSeal
    I had a lot of Speed Champions sets and needed a more space efficient solution for display. I'm happy I had just enough dark grey to finish it, for now..

Stormtroopers as car drivers. Hopefully they are better at driving then shooting...
    DeeC2_Josh
    Here's what I've been building:
    Minecraft Brickheadz! 
    HugeYellowBrickOnebricktoomanycatwranglerMegtheCattallblocktoo77ncaachampsMynatt
    Began my layout. Figured I'd take advantage of double points to get more of what I needed for sidewalks, buildings, etc.
    catwranglerdspigelSprinkleOtterdanstraindepotThoughtsonblocksLEGO_Dad77tallblocktooFowlerBricksdonutboy
    Yo, dude - laundry first, Lego later!
    CaptainRogersflordSwitchfoot55ThoughtsonblocksAdzbadboyLEGO_Dad77donutboy
  • CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 720
    SumoLego said:
    Wow, spoken like a true non-Lego nerd. Don't you know blocks supersede most anything?!?
    sid3windrSumoLego
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    SumoLego said:
    And get that bag to the Tailor!

(wait, they still exist?)
    DeMontes
    SumoLego said:
    And get that bag to the Tailor!

(wait, they still exist?)
    I see I'm not the only one that is fascinated with the background minutae.  (Sometimes I find it more interesting than the actual subject matter.)
    SprinkleOtter
    SumoLego said:
    SumoLego said:
    Wow, spoken like a true non-Lego nerd. Don't you know blocks supersede most anything?!?
    Actually, that was a self-serving statement.  If the laundry is done, it's out of the designated Lego area.  I took the extra step and moved the washer/dryer out of the basement so no one has any reason to be in meaningful proximity.
    Good thinking there. So the optimal solution is to have roommate/partner/kid/ANYONE ELSE do the laundry to have more building space. I like it.

Side note, I look forward to having that kind of space eventually. I'm about to go from working fast food to going through Edward Jones' financial advisor career development program and then will set up shop mid-next year as a financial advisor. Just the idea of being able to afford my own place, have a designated building area other than my bed, etc is quite exciting.
    SumoLegopharmjod
    Glad I can provide entertainment. Much of the stuff on those shelves has been there untouched since we moved in two and a half years ago. My point that I'm trying to make to my wife when she comes home Thursday is that once Brickadelphia is fully built, all of the boxes of broken down and bagged non-city sets will be stored within the table under it, and that for as much as I'm getting hounded at from all directions about "all my Legos being everywhere", they really don't take up all that much room compared to the shelves upon shelves of stuff in the basement, not including all the background minute of which literally none is mine. Also, I want to get this laid out and built before I lose any more square footage - like, we don't need to build a coat closet in that corner where the shelves with food are. Hopefully this can get the ball on some late spring cleaning rolling. 
    SumoLegoBumblepantsSprinkleOtterstluxsid3windrcatwranglerOnebricktoomany
    I pity the fool that keeps Mr. T from eating at the Deli!!!
    CaptainRogersSprinkleOtter

Includes assembly area, shake machine, and hood vents above the grill. Yup, I've worked food service myself for a while now.
    madejp86stluxMegtheCattfranklin84LEGO_Dad77FowlerBricks
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,469
    Yes but... is that a vacuum next to the Lego?  Not gonna lie, that makes me a bit nervous.
    No, it's ok. As long as the vacuum is used ONLY for lego hoovering and nothing else you're actually being efficient!

Just as long as it's bagless... or maybe better if it's bagged actually? Lego World Problems...
    khmellymel
    ^ Dammit!  Now I gotta go buy a bunch more of those sets.  I would never have thought to do that!
    VorpalRyuBumblepantsJooToggmonkey76
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,349
    Those do look great... :o
  • YodaliciousYodalicious DagobahMember Posts: 1,366
    SumoLego said:
    SumoLego said:
    Actually, that was a self-serving statement.  If the laundry is done, it's out of the designated Lego area.  I took the extra step and moved the washer/dryer out of the basement so no one has any reason to be in meaningful proximity.
    Lord Business, is that you?
    sid3windrMegtheCatcatwrangler
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,700
    SumoLego said:
    ^ Dammit!  Now I gotta go buy a bunch more of those sets.  I would never have thought to do that!
    You did buy one of those two actually...
    sid3windrSumoLego
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,222
    Built the 40th anniversary Technic chassis from three sets recently. While sorting the pieces from the BMW Bike #42063 I suddenly realised that I wanted to build it as well. Bit of time on Bricklink and I managed to get all the parts used on the chassis from a seller in Germany for £25. Arrived today, so going to start building it later.
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 916
    Can anyone give me an estimated build time for 76023 Tumbler? Thanks.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    ^

1 min < build <1 year
    SumoLegosid3windr
    SumoLego said:
    Lord Business, is that you?
    No, I'm the 'Man Upstairs'.

(Nobody wants to do dishes, but for goodness sake, just do the dishes and switch the laundry!)
    SprinkleOttersid3windrstlux
  • MissKittyFantasticoMissKittyFantastico AustraliaMember Posts: 196
    A recent interview with Eddie Izzard gave me the idea to finally do something about that droid maintenance bay I'd never found very interesting in the Death Star:

The weird thingy behind the left side of the counter is my attempt (with just whatever parts were quick to find) at a COO chef droid, as seen in Ep2 - he's only got five arms at the moment, I'll fix that whenever one more grey droid arm turns up.  The little Emperor hologram is from the Super Star Destroyer, I imagine here it's just a broadcast on Empire News or whatever.  The lift mechanism got flipped around to make room, so the knob is behind the turbolasers now, with a grey tile on the end so it blends in.
    OnebricktoomanyricecakeMegtheCatdspigelcatwranglerAddicted2OxygenLegogramFowlerBricksToc13