Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

What are you building right now?

Comments

• SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742

ecmo47 said:

(trying to embed a photo)

(failing to embed a photo)
    SumoLegogmonkey76MynattVorpalRyuGlacierfalls265
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 347
    After a good start, I had to put #10212 on pause for a couple of weeks. Finally able to work the last couple of nights on it. This weekend will be time for the wings. 
    starwars4everRsa33bandit778LobotLaserBeakDuckClutchPowerTheMaker37
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 488
    ^ welcome in the club... also both wings can be done in parallel by following the instructions in a mirrored way (did it that way back when i built it)
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101

ecmo47 said:

(trying to embed a photo)

(failing to embed a photo)

Yes, embedding a photo from Flikr is kicking my @$$. The 6 minute edit window doesn't leave much time for a trial-and-error method of figuring it out.

A little help? 
    SprinkleOtter
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,024
    @ecmo47 I'm not very good at that sort of stuff, but if it helps there is a tutorial on the main site for embedding images in a review (which I found a great help after a bit of trial and error) and the way it is done works the same on the forum. Sorry I can't be more help.

As for what I'm building, spent the last couple of evenings turning this...

into this...

And I must admit, despite the occasional flying connector, had a great amount of fun doing it.
    catwranglerLaserBeakDuckClutchPower
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 950

ecmo47 said:

Yes, embedding a photo from Flikr is kicking my @$$. The 6 minute edit window doesn't leave much time for a trial-and-error method of figuring it out.
    A little help? 

@ecmo47 @SprinkleOtter - I've found that the quickest method is to physically drag it from your desktop (after downloading it from flickr, if needed!).  Firstly half-size your browser window > Select the 'Attach image' icon in the Brickset post > Then 'drag' the image across into the post (you'll probably have to left-click on your mouse to do that!) > A 'Drop image/file' prompt will appear on screen before you release it, followed by a small blue progress bar >  It should then appear in the new post. 

Here's one I prepared earlier - a classic UCS #75059 in true Blue Peter style! A 500 x 333 image seems to be a decent size, as above :-)

SprinkleOtterLaserBeakDuckClutchPower
    edited April 2017
    (practice)
    SprinkleOtter

SprinkleOtter
    edited April 2017
    There's 3 failures to clutter up the thread.  #%%$#@ time limit. Sorry!

I have no problem posting pictures from those stored on my computer or directly off my cameras flash drive. There just doesn't seem to be an easy way to get them off Flickr which is were all my iPhone pictures go. Over on Eurobricks, all you have to do is post the BBCode into your post and it shows up. That method does not work here.
    BumblepantsSprinkleOtterKingAlanIClutchPower
  • VorpalRyuVorpalRyu AustraliaMember Posts: 2,299
    @ecmo47, for a workaround, you could download them from Flickr to your desktop temporarily to post them, it's messy, but it might save you a few headaches...
    KingAlanIxiahna
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993

ecmo47 said:

SNIP
    There just doesn't seem to be an easy way to get them off Flickr which is were all my iPhone pictures go.
    SNIP

Why not just add them directly from your phone? If size is an issue - just message them to yourself using the built in size reduction option.
    LEGO_Dad77
  • LobotLobot UKMember Posts: 950

@ecmo47 - if you're using Chrome you can do the following:

• Open the photo you want in flickr
    • Click on the 'Download this photo' icon (bottom-right)
    • Select 'View all Sizes'
    • Click on the hyperlink for the size you want at the top (e.g. 'Medium 500')
    • Right-click on the image and select 'Copy image address'
    • Click on the Brickset 'Attach image'
    • Paste the address in the lower box and it should embed correctly :-)
    ecmo47snowhitieClutchPowerIceCreamClone
  • KingAlanIKingAlanI Rochester, NYMember Posts: 1,939
    Finally got around to something simple I got a week ago: 6 more CMF S16 Rogue variants for my medieval army, bringing me to 54
    I'm changing the hairpiece, head, weapon and accessory, but I'm low on hairpiece-head matches, so I kept 2 of the original hoods.
    Hairpiece-head allows females, of which I have 4 (7.4%). Somewhere around 10% is common for women in modern militaries where I could find the statistic
    edited April 2017
    @ecmo47 I email pictures to myself to get them off my smartphone. Paint works fine for simple resizing, or cropping the right or bottom, but it's easier to use other photo editors for cropping the left or top.

Did #70910 Scarecrow Special Delivery today. I bought it due to the pizza topic (along with #41311 Heartlake Pizzeria and #60150 Pizza Van). Not being used to superhero themes, the look was a nice change of pace for LEGO pizzerias. Still, I put the villain head and scary pizza on BrickLink, giving the driver a regular head. I liked the look of the security guard compared to LEGO City cops. I don't think he needed a second head that was so similar. I like how the moped can sort of balance by itself and is very stable with the trailer hooked up. I wish it was easier to fit the guard behind his station while still holding his coffee cup. The guard station itself was nice and something I don't see much of.

I wish it wasn't an exclusive to LEGO.com or WalMart so it would be easier to get on sale, but it was an okay deal with good online promo items, and at least it has 3 minifigures whereas many sets of comparable size have only 2, including Heartlake Pizzeria.

• VortexVortex Pakistan/USMember Posts: 342
    edited April 2017
    So , I have set out to build a double Tower of orthanc so I can have a 360 degree orthanc . I'm not a stickler for 100 percent accuracy so anything that looks reasonable with minimal gap.
    I see that the two sets cannot naturally lock or fully close , one reason being the base is slightly protruded out .
    I can merge the last 2 final structures to make one and have it taller over all. Not sure though how to close it with that base. Will try to fiddle when I get to the second tower. Building the first tower as is till level 6

Now I'm not much of a MOC'ist so here to look for advice as I need ppl of intelligence on this mission... quest ...err.. thing . : )
  • AustinPowersAustinPowers GermanyMember Posts: 278
    I am currently building 10253 Big Ben, as well as sourcing parts for Anio's Venator Star Destroyer. Still missing a couple of bits and bobs here and there.
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 704

gmonkey76 said:

My Speed Champions Batmobile based on the Mercedes-AMG GT3. Waiting on the Bugatti to be back in stock at my local store so I can change out the windscreen. I my all so change the wheels to yellow.

Black wheels look good. Very Batman TAS. Really like it.
    gmonkey76

KingAlanI said:

@ecmo47 I email pictures to myself to get them off my smartphone. Paint works fine for simple resizing, or cropping the right or bottom, but it's easier to use other photo editors for cropping the left or top.

--SNIP--

easy way with paint for any area: select area, copy, new image (ctrl+n), then paste
    KingAlanI
  • Rsa33Rsa33 USAMember Posts: 156
    josekalelDeeC2_JoshVortexdspigelLobotcatwranglertallblocktooSeanTheCollector
    The Tie Fighter is an understated underrated beauty. That centre Orb once built is a little marvel to behold. 
    Rsa33OrmskirkBricks
    Meanwhile here is where we are with the Mega Lotr Orthanc . Absolutely awed by that crystal granite looking jaggedy base .
    SirBrickalotOfLegoJohnyk668snowhitiejosekalelMegtheCatClutchPower
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,857
    Just finished the UCS Snowspeeder, which looks great apart from a few things:-

1. Lots of white shade variation, even between same parts - it looks a little yellowed in various shades of cream. TLG could market this deficiency as "battle weathering". My old UCS Imperial Shuttle was exactly the same out of the box.

2. I have a deep crescent shaped scratch on the front windshield, shape and size of a stud, about 2/3 of the circumference. I will have to chase Lego customer services up for a replacement, but will need a new sticker sheet too, as I applied the stickers perfectly before I noticed the scratch. :(

I have already made an improvement to the build, not that you'd notice, the front gun barrels have 2 pieces that butt up against each other in mirror image, relying on an unseen yellow round spacer slid up an aerial piece to provide the friction to keep the 2 together at the same position to each other - doesn't work well. eliminating the yellow piece and swapping out the grey stud peg in the adjoining tube brick for a black technic pin works way better, making much more friction.

Although I haven't looked into it, i'd be amazed if there isn't a ball connector solution to eliminate the use of elastic bands on the underside of the wings.

I've put the Snowspeeder on a bigger tilt than the instructions indicate, and everything is still stable, looks better IMO.
    josekalelstluxClutchPowerKerre
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,024
    There be a Dragon!!

Fancied another change of pace and visuals to my usual grey that the majority of the Star Wars sets that frequent my collection have.
    Remarkably impressed with how the Dragon goes together as it has bricks going in all sorts of directions to acheive the shape of the finished beastie.
    AanchirTheOriginalSimonBBumblepantsstluxClutchPowersnowhitie
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 750
    dspigeldavetheoxygenmanjosekalelstluxAanchirShibClutchPowersnowhitie
  • josekaleljosekalel Rio Grande Valley, TexasMember Posts: 680
    I finally got to start Assembly Square, and even though it's an enjoyable build (the cake, the dentist's chair, the camera), it takes a long time to finish it, at least for me...I'm modifying it a bit (still needs work to figure out how to make it look better) and now it sits on two 32x32 plates (different colors, I know). Any suggestions appreciated... And yes, I need lots of pavement. 

tallblocktooClutchPower
    @josekalel. On page 101(this page), post #18 of this thread, I posted a pictured of my expanded AS that is essentially 32x64. It's actually 34x64 as I made a wider sidewalk so it could be populated by more people. It's made from 2xAS sets plus several Bricklink orders. You would have start over to accomplish what I did but I think that the improvements are significant and solves all the problems I had with the model. If your interested in of my rough LDD files on the project, send me a PM.
    josekalel
    @ecmo47 I must have looked at the photo like ten times and never realized you expanded and extended the set...until I counted the floors for the cafe and noticed that I have still TWO floors to build, not three...

Either way, although this is a great set, there are several things that so far make this (in my not so humble opinion) perfect. The first, is the white door that's in the cafe that goes into the second floor. I know I rotated the building and that the white door is not supposed to be seen, but still, the white door makes no sense especially when the upstairs floors are businesses.

My biggest complain (so far), is the fact that in order to go up the floors in the main building, you have to go into the bakery and into the dentist's office...so, I'm planning (in the future) to extend the stairs outside so that they can be used without going into any building (except the bakery unfortunately).
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,692

Briking said:

Interesting swirls in those silver curved slopes.
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 487
    ^^ you know. Saul also needs to go through the nail salon to go into his office...
    Yodalicious
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,385
    edited May 2017
    Vortex said:
    The Tie Fighter is an understated underrated beauty. That centre Orb once built is a little marvel to behold. 

VorpalRyuSeanTheCollectorVortex

josekalel said:

@ecmo47 I must have looked at the photo like ten times and never realized you expanded and extended the set...until I counted the floors for the cafe and noticed that I have still TWO floors to build, not three...

Either way, although this is a great set, there are several things that so far make this (in my not so humble opinion) perfect. The first, is the white door that's in the cafe that goes into the second floor. I know I rotated the building and that the white door is not supposed to be seen, but still, the white door makes no sense especially when the upstairs floors are businesses.

My biggest complain (so far), is the fact that in order to go up the floors in the main building, you have to go into the bakery and into the dentist's office...so, I'm planning (in the future) to extend the stairs outside so that they can be used without going into any building (except the bakery unfortunately).

I'm guessing that the dentist is in cahoots with the baker to drive up business for both!
    KingAlanI
    Finished the top floors of the cafe building; not a difficult build but had interesting mini builds such as the wonderful piano. I definitely need to change that white door, any suggestions? Either brown, blue, or clear. 

catwranglerbluedragon
  • Addicted2OxygenAddicted2Oxygen Somewhere behind all the boxes of LegoMember Posts: 381
    Was a very proud Dad over the weekend. Watched my 3 (nearly 4) year old daughter build her first lego set, #10736. Before Christmas, she had no real interest in building sets, only swapping minifigure parts around. Probably helped it was a set based on her favourite film. Was amusing to she her disregard for the numbered bags. Figures had to be built first, and all pieces had to be in a big pile. :D

I finally got around to building #75054, AT-AT. Had it sitting around to build for 3 years! Enjoyed the build, right up to the last bit of the head. Putting the side panels on was fiddly and the finish is not that pleasing. The new AT-ST is a much better at keeping the sides together. Going to have to look and see if I can change anything.
    PeteMbluedragonstluxIceCreamClone

bluedragon said:ß

May the 4th be with you! My son built most of it while I supplied the parts. Finished last night with one day to spare.
    --SNIP--

welc0me to the club... got a space reserved for it already or does it bust your shelf layouting??? Back when i built it i was caught off-guard and had to bridge a gap between desk and shelf for it to fit. 
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 487
    I have the perfect shelf for it but will have to take apart the UCS sandcrawler and the Porsche, which currently sit on it. Trying to negotiate another spot for the Porsche at the moment. The SSD will stay on my desk until the weekend. I knew it was long but boy...
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,434

We all know what day this is so... quick build of #71501 :-)

MegtheCat
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,385
    edited May 2017
    He needs a transleucent orange claw.
    catwranglerKerre

KingAlanI said:

easy way with paint for any area: select area, copy, new image (ctrl+n), then paste

Most such pictures are too high res to be on the screen all at once *to* select.

Started the huge MegaBloks model of the starship Enterprise - really makes me miss the numbered bags of LEGO - hard to find the bag with the right part and deal with so many opened bags. The fit of the pieces is quite decent, only a few a bit tight or a bit loose. That's my big weekend project but I still might need more time.
    Finally started Brick Bag number 4 bags, mostly finished in about an hour while watching TV
    #41562 Trumpsy - parted it out ages ago, decided to build it, but I already sold some of the parts. Today I bought another when I saw it on sale.

• FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,359
    everyone is building assembly square and I'm building brick bank. I'm halfway done and like it a lot so far. the 1st floor is great, even better than in parisian restaurant.
    josekalelKingAlanI