Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

New guy has a question...

DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
I am pretty new around here and I have a question. I was wondering if someone can tell me how to do that thing where when you reference a user in your post, their name appears with the "@" symbol and its a link to their profile. I do you simply type it that way or is there a trick to it?

Thanks
Decker

Comments

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,792
    @Decker,

just type it that way! i.e. as above.

rich
  • DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    @richo awesome...thanks so much.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    You can also use a # in front of set numbers to link to the Brickset set details page, ie: #4842.
  • DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    @Matthew thanks. Thats good to know. I'm very happy to have found this site. So far it seems like there is a wealth of knowledge and everyone really seems to have a strong sense of community. Very glad the dark ages are over...
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,021
    @Matthew, thanks for mentioning that! I knew about the @ sign, but I was just wondering about the set reference the other day when I saw someone do it...(c:
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 810
    #Matthew you can also use this # sign to give that person a notification (alert)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ nope, that would perform a search on his name, not notify him, you need to use @ to notify someone.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 810
    ^ oh right thanks, I thought that notified them aswell, luckily I also use @ sometimes aswell
  • plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
    Hah! I just joined and was trying to find this answer without having to ask! Thanks!