Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New guy has a question...

DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
I am pretty new around here and I have a question. I was wondering if someone can tell me how to do that thing where when you reference a user in your post, their name appears with the "@" symbol and its a link to their profile. I do you simply type it that way or is there a trick to it?

Thanks
Decker

Comments

• richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    @Decker,

just type it that way! i.e. as above.

rich
  • DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    @richo awesome...thanks so much.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    You can also use a # in front of set numbers to link to the Brickset set details page, ie: #4842.
  • DeckerDecker Member Posts: 65
    @Matthew thanks. Thats good to know. I'm very happy to have found this site. So far it seems like there is a wealth of knowledge and everyone really seems to have a strong sense of community. Very glad the dark ages are over...
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,028
    @Matthew, thanks for mentioning that! I knew about the @ sign, but I was just wondering about the set reference the other day when I saw someone do it...(c:
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 821
    #Matthew you can also use this # sign to give that person a notification (alert)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ nope, that would perform a search on his name, not notify him, you need to use @ to notify someone.
  • kezkez United KingdomMember Posts: 821
    ^ oh right thanks, I thought that notified them aswell, luckily I also use @ sometimes aswell
  • plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
    Hah! I just joined and was trying to find this answer without having to ask! Thanks!