Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Are any Brickset members near the Frankfurt LEGO Store?

Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I've been wanting to get 10212 Imperial Shuttle for a while now, and I plan on pulling the trigger before Black Friday in case it does go EOL as widely predicted.

It's currently €207 on Amazon.it which appears to be the best price. However, I'm visiting Frankfurt next week and I'm rather excited about seeing a LEGO retail store in the flesh (yeah, I'm in a store-deprived country) so part of me is thinking of getting it there for two reasons: 1) the horror stories I've read on this forum about mangled boxes coming from Amazon, and 2) it would obliterate my LEGO budget for the foreseeable future and I don't think I could leave the store empty handed.

After shipping from Amazon and the VIP points I'd get from the brand store, it'd be about €50 more expensive to do it, but I'm still considering it. So if any Bricksetters are near the Frankfurt store and visit it regularly, any chance you could report whether or not they have the set? It seems to be disappearing from a lot of stores from what I've read.

Much obliged to anyone that can help.

Comments

• TheCultLeaderTheCultLeader Member Posts: 48
    You can give them a call at 069/ 209 77 699 and ask them if they have it in stock.
    Steve_J_OM
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    Thanks, had thought of that but was a bit wary of making international phone calls and incurring associated expenses. Might look for an email address...
  • Nadana86Nadana86 Member Posts: 65
    edited November 2012
    You can send an e-mail to store.frankfurt(at)lego.com

I could also go check for you but I won't get there before Saturday I think! Just two hours ago I was like 150m away from the store.. but I didn't want to spend any money so I didn't go in :-(

When exactly will you be in Frankfurt? This saturday there is the AFOL night and the 23rd we also have Brick Friday... You're probably here just in between, aren't you?
    Or just a thought (and it depends when you'll be here and if they still have it), I could pick it up for you on Saturday at -15% for AFOLs and give it to you when you're here?
    ^ Thanks a million for the offer, though I'm still quite unsure whether I'll go for Amazon or the retail store just this moment. Thanks for the email address also.

I'll be arriving next Thursday 15th until Sunday. I didn't realise that European stores did Black Friday events, I thought that was just a US thing. Looks like I'm arriving right between two big opportunities :(

We don't usually have any Black Friday Events. It's just Lego doing us a favor ;-)

Let me know if you need anything :-)
    Nice, you have my envy! If I don't take you up on the offer could you still keep an eye out on the general stock level of the set when you're there on Saturday?

Thanks again :)
  • bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    frankfurt regularly has this in stock, in the unlikely event they do sell out , its not exclusive and you can get it at TRU and kaufhof as well. tru has it at 229.99 at the moment. there is another lego store in wiesbaden which is only 25 miles away.

@nadana 86 , see you on the 15th ;-)
    Wow I never thought of TRU, I must keep an eye out, thanks!
    @bahnstormer
    What am I doing on the 15th?
  • bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    typo - 17th

typo - 17th

Ahhhhh ;-)

Well, I didn't get an invite so I won't be there. I'll hit brick friday on the 23rd and probably be in Cologne because of the Fanwelt. I guess you'll be there? So maybe see you then :)
    I'm here in the city right now, I absolutely love your store :) The LEGO section in Kaufhof is fantastic too, they have a wonderful Star Wars display on at the moment.

I'm still pondering my purchase decision - the Shuttle is 260 in the brand store, and I have 50 VIP spending so I'm contemplating picking it up for 210. The only issue is that the box doesn't seem like one that can be flattened like normal boxes, that was my strategy for getting it in the suitcase....

While I'm thinking over it I picked up the Christmas polybags to keep me going, they're great :)
    The shuttle is not available anymore at [email protected] so if you want to get it while you're in Frankfurt, do it!
    Thanks @Nadana86! After a lot of thinking I went to the store to get it, but to my horror it was sold out after I'd finally made a decision! So after some more thinking I went next door to Kaufhof and picked it up there :) Finally the owner of a 10212!

It would have been a harder decision had the VIP offers today been valid in store, I might have gone for something else...I tried to charm them into honouring the online offers but they were having none of it!

Thanks to all who replied, I've had a blast in your city :)