Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Black falcon 6074

dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
edited November 2012 in Collecting
Why is this set worth so much? Is it just nostalgia or something more? Craigslist has one for $100 with box and instructions. I don't have much interest in it but if someone really wants it I would be willing to pick up and ship for minimum costs.

Comments

• StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    edited November 2012
    I think it largely is nostalgia. The Black Falcons I think are one of the most popular factions in classic castle, and they only had a handful of sets made. Also the design of the castle is very unique for sets of that era - with the steeple roof at the back and the yellow panel with black stripes - not many sets made with that piece.
  • mdellemanmdelleman Vancouver CanadaMember Posts: 274
    I have one that I have pondered selling. It is used and would let it go for a fair price. PM me for details if interested.
  • Dread_PirateDread_Pirate Member Posts: 184
    That set has a couple of unique pieces such as the Tudor walls but what gets me is how much the older Knight's castle is going for. It is the first set with the falcon minifigs and it sometimes sells for more than the King's castle which is a much larger set. Check out set 6073 (yea i know only 1 number different)

• davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 832
    edited November 2012
    What's interesting to me is that the re-release seems to be selling for slightly more than the original! Here's the BrickLink sales for roughly the last 20 months:

DaveE
  • RTORTO Member Posts: 73
    The April, July and Sept. 10039's are all from my store. I had four MISB available and three have sold.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,446
    It is a great castle set and thus the reason why it was re released. This and The Guarded Inn.
  • joeejoee Member Posts: 42
    edited November 2012
    I agree with all the above statements, tudor walls, asymetric shape. However I perfer 6073 as it had a prison, comes with more shields, and has the nice red brick and green flags design. I have a spare 6073 & 6074 complete in anyone is interested.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 687
    ^^^^The re-release #10039 has slightly different printing on the torsos and flags (the BF crest is a smaller size) than the original #6074, so some collectors "need" both sets for completeness...
  • Dread_PirateDread_Pirate Member Posts: 184
    I may be interested in the 6073. I have been trying to get one on evilbay for a while now and they have a bad habbit of selling for way more than I am willing to pay. At least I help the seller get a few more $$$ for their sets. Lemme know what you want for the 6073.

• dneuldneul Member Posts: 369
    Timing didn't work out so I had to pass on it.
  • thorniethornie Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2012
    I had this set as a kid and wanted to re-acquire it, but no matter how bad my nostalgia got, I wasn't shelling out close to $200 for it. So, I bricklinked it this past summer for about $75. The most expensive pieces were the figs (4 figs about $25) and the one crested flag which was about $12. All the other parts were easily available.
  • StuBoyStuBoy New ZealandMember Posts: 623
    ^ Yeah that flag is pretty expensive - I recently purchased one to complete my set, it wasn't released in too many sets, maybe only that one?