Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Notifications

TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
I've noticed that recently, when clicking on my name when there is a "notification counter" showing no longer takes me directly to my notifications page, but instead takes me to my profile.

My profile page is of very little use to me (I know who I am), so the extra click is a bit annoying. Is this affecting everyone, or is it just me?
Penkid11LegobrandonCPJosephy2joshbricksan

Comments

• Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 775
    It somewhat bothers me as well. Navigation to my "starred" threads is a bit harder now.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Same here!
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    I agree, the notification system is a bit irritating:
    - As @TyoSolo mentions, one click too much to get rid of existing notifications.
    - The notifications for messages or thread updates remain, even if I have read the messages and seen the threads. I have to go to the notification page to get rid of them.
    - If you start a thread, you get a notification for each new post on the thread. That way, it can become very difficult to distinguish an individual notification amidst masses of posts on the same thread(s).
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Yeah, it is annoying that you go to the profile page instead of the notification page. And it would be nice if reading the thread got rid of the relevant notification.

@mressin As for notification on threads that you create, you can modify this behavior:

1) Go to you profile by clicking on your username in the blue menu bar on top.
    2) Click on the Edit Profile button. It is on the top right, left of the search box near your profile picture.
    3) Click on Notification Preferences located in the sidebar on the right side of the page, under your profile thumbnail.
    4) Adjust the preferences to your needs. The option you're looking to change in this case is "Notify me when people comment on my discussions."
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ Is that actually working for you? It isn't saving my preferences at the moment, tried IE and Chrome.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    I had changed my preferences a long time ago. It seems to work for me just fine.
    How come I am no longer getting email notifications for PMs?
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651
    ^ You used to get those? I've a always had it set like that in my settings but for some reason it never worked.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    edited February 2013
    DUP
    I haven't received any forum generated emails in quite a while. Perhaps an update knocked the setting out?
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    I've been getting them as usual, indeed several came today
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    I'm still getting them too.
    I double checked my Forum settings and they were fine. I'll check my spam filters.
    My settings were fine too, nothing in my spam folder.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    I don't receive them either and I can't figure out why...
  • SherlockbonesSherlockbones Member Posts: 411
    normally I get them when someone mentioned me, I did not get them either
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,686
    I stopped getting them today.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    I'm still getting notifications of PMs and when someone mentions me in a thread.
    Not speaking about the red notification bubbles, I'm talking about email notifications. The red bubbles are fine for me.
    I'll mention myself @CCC.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ I'm not sure if that actually works though if you do it yourself, try this

@CCC
    ^ You're right. I got the email saying you had mentioned me, but not that I had done it myself.