Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New Polybags at Target

Little3piggiesLittle3piggies Member Posts: 40
edited November 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Just did the rounds at my local Targets to look for the Halloween clearance, and one store had up the (empty) Xmas bins - I saw Creator Asst ($5.99), Batmobile 30161 ($3.99), and Minifigures Series 8 ($2.99)... But alas, no Friends? And, the few remaining Friends polys from Halloween were still ringing up full price; I could not even find one Ghost poly to check if they went on clearance.

Comments

• adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    The last two holiday polybags have disappeared before clearance in my area. :( I would hope that's coincidence, but I fear that's a new trend.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    adol7 said:

The last two holiday polybags have disappeared before clearance in my area. :( I would hope that's coincidence, but I fear that's a new trend.

Went to 3 targets before 9 am all were out of ghost polys. The lady scanned the shelf tag, they were $1.99. Friends still at every store I checked at $3.99. Really need 5 more ghosts for MOC.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    edited November 2012
    There are two targets near me. one has no ghost left even before Halloween! the other has a few when i checked on Tuesday but all gone this morning!
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 777
    I was able to find 2 Ghosts this morning and they rang up at $1.99ea. The Friends were on a 50% shelve so I told a manager and he just looked puzzled and said "Oh..these should be here." and cleaned off the shelf. I guess they're going to the checkout lines. The same guy happened to be at the checkout isle and since the Ghosts were $1.99 he overroad the $3.99 Batmobile to $1.99 also. I had only 5 in my cart...makes be wish I had purchased a lot more.
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Target near me did not have Lego polys this year that I saw (and I looked!). Checked a couple of Lego City polys from the registers, but they all scanned at full price.

Digging the Batmobile poly. I was hoping more for a Quinjet though!
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    The Batmobile is awesome. I'm glad it will be widely available in the US now.
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    I hate to do this to everyone BUT... it seems the mysterious Chase McCain minifigure polybag for the Lego City Undercover Wii-U game is going to be at Target... attached to a preorder card for the game you get for $1?!!? I'm going to Target tomorrow
  • ludzikludzik US (SoCal)Member Posts: 430

I hate to do this to everyone BUT... it seems the mysterious Chase McCain minifigure polybag for the Lego City Undercover Wii-U game is going to be at Target... attached to a preorder card for the game you get for $1?!!? I'm going to Target tomorrow

Can you post up the details after your visit? :) I'd love to get the minifig... I couldn't care less about the game...
  • cwhlscwhls Member Posts: 11
    Target here doesn't have the batmobile out yet, but we did get the Chase McCain minifigure. It was in the aisle by all the Wii games in the electronics section.
  • MilesMiles Member Posts: 51
    Wow. My Target was all out already. I wonder how long this has been available?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,678
    Where at target do you find your polybags ? I don't see them in the LEGO section and only see small 4.99 polys of City and Star Wars at the registers.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @coloradobricks That's where they are year round but they also have them in their seasonal sections. The Halloween polybags were on an end cap away from the main aisle in the Halloween section. I haven't found the space for Christmas polybags yet but I'm guessing it will be on an exterior wall in the Christmas sections amongst all of the other toys.
  • jocappyjocappy Member Posts: 207
    Got lucky and found 2 Chase polys at target.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,272
    Went and picked up a Chase poly. The "reservation" card thing that Target does is interesting. It doesn't appear they need any personal information for the reservation but they must base their initial order of the game on how many have been reserved. Pretty sure they'll over order on this LEGO game with how many people will go in just to get the minifigure. I'd buy the game if it was for PS3. Not going to complain about getting the poly for $1 though. Other than the fact that the double sided tape leaves crap all over it bag where it is attached to the reservation card.
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    Found Chase poly's at my local target. I'd like to play the game but I can't justify buying a new game system right now. I'm hoping after 6 months the game gets released on PS3. (I've seen this with exclusive games in the past)
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    What is the Creator Poly if anyone knows?
  • Little3piggiesLittle3piggies Member Posts: 40
    ^it's not a poly, it's the mini kits in the hard plastic cases...
  • CurvedRoadPlateCurvedRoadPlate Member Posts: 257
    Are they doing another gift card with set this year?
  • vedder1029vedder1029 Member Posts: 78
    Spotted a ton of #30152 Mining Quad polys at Target today. Picked up a few.
  • lannyjacklannyjack Member Posts: 39
    I am at Target now and they have 10 of Chase. Anyone up for a Trade? Lol
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190

Thanks for this tidbit. Picked one up. There were 9 left. I would feel funny about buying multiples but maybe I'll stop by a another Target. :)
    graphite said:

... they must base their initial order of the game on how many have been reserved. Pretty sure they'll over order on this LEGO game with how many people will go in just to get the minifigure.

If they only have 10 available for preorder at each store I don't know if that will hurt them.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,272
    If that is all the pre orders they are getting then I guess I'll pick up a few more of those tomorrow =)
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    My wife and her friend grabbed me one each. Daughter and boyfriend another two. Bunch of coworkers grabbed me a bunch from all over. All in all I think I have about 20 some coming in all week on my travels. $1 per? Not bad.
    @ludzik target was horrible... no new polys, no chase mccains, and i got to the register with some groceries to find i'd lost a 20$ bill i was just given a little bit before! (gotta go back to that store and see if they shorted me and i didn't realize, or if i dropped it and they noticed)

Got some stuff i was waiting on in the mail so it hasn't bee a horrible lego day, but i was really hoping to grab Chase... sounds like those polys were out for a few days already based on some googling, the guy at the electronics section said maybe they'd have more on monday, so i'll try again, it's only about 4 blocks away =-)

If I come up completely dry i'm sure i'll find someone on here to trade with in the end.
  • legomasonlegomason Member Posts: 190
    edited November 2012
    legomason said:

If they only have 10 available for preorder at each store I don't know if that will hurt them.

I don't know if this is the actual number BTW. It's just how many fit on the hook.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 244
    @murphquake Got one for you can't find it. My target had them on the Wii aisle.
    murphquake
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Stopped by my usual Target today. Picked up one of the 5x pre-order cards they had with Chase on there. I did try out the demo Wii-U system they had on display. It's kind of cool, but I don't really need another game system right now when our original Wii gets very little use already.

No sign of the xmas polys yet. The Christmas section was still in the middle of a heavy set up phase, so I may have to check back later this week.
    lannyjack said:

I am at Target now and they have 10 of Chase. Anyone up for a Trade? Lol

I'd trade you hulk for chase :)
    Btw, can you pickup chase without ending up with the game?
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @ludzik yes, there's nothing you sign. I don't know that they realize the lengths to which AFOLs will go. The polybag is attached to a card that gets you a $5 gift card if you bring it back when you buy the game.
  • teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 1,006
    I have a few extra Chase polys if anyone wants to trade, please PM me if interested.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Jenni said:

@ludzik yes, there's nothing you sign. I don't know that they realize the lengths to which AFOLs will go. The polybag is attached to a card that gets you a $5 gift card if you bring it back when you buy the game.

When is the game available?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,283
    The release date on the front of the card says "coming soon" and the back of the card says "do not sell card after 03-31-13".
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Checking daily to snag one for my son.. still no luck!
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 693

Found Chase poly's at my local target. I'd like to play the game but I can't justify buying a new game system right now. I'm hoping after 6 months the game gets released on PS3. (I've seen this with exclusive games in the past)

Nintendo is the publisher for the game. The chances that Nintendo will release the game for another console is pretty close to zero.
    edited November 2012
    Got an extra McCain if anyone is interested :) Trade it for an astromech maybe? :) :) :)
    Btw, just opened up my McCain and his hair is very light in color... what is up with that?
    @hleonffu THANKS Bert! I'm gonna keep looking, hopefully I can find a batch somewhere.
    @ludzik, he's always been portrayed with hair that color in the game and early pics of the figure, then a few weeks ago pictures of the wrapper with the dark hair showed up. Not having one on hand the hair seems to be dark tan (using bricklink color names), which matches what was being shown up til now. Still trying to find some for myself, so we'll see.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 817
    I went to a Target yesterday and the video game area yesterday and he had no idea what I was talking about but did help me look for the poly bag McCain. Will try again today. Hard to justify driving around town looking for a dollar figure with the gas lines in my neck of the woods stretching for blocks and hours but I do have to go shopping for the Holidays so why not combine the hunt and holiday shopping?
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 244
    @murphquake The polybag picture has him with a dark brown hair. The actual minifig has light tan hair.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 674
    I found nothing at Target in Garden City, NY. No Chase polybag preorder dealies, no Christmas polys, not even any Halloween polys left over.

I did get some 50% off Halloween candy, so it wasn't a total loss.
  • mechteachmechteach Member Posts: 19
    The clerk I talked to had no idea about the promo, either, but was eventually able to find the polybags. I picked up one for each kid, and there were 8 left on the shelf. (This is the E. Liberty, PA, store btw.)
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    Where do you find these batmobile polys in the store? I stopped by 3 targets this weekend and they all seemed to have their Christmas sections in full swing but I didn't see any batmobiles. What are they found near?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,335
    ^not sure about this year but the last several years Target has put one side of an aisle full of assorted little toys in binned shelving in the seasonal section, basically a stocking stuffer section and there are always a couple Lego polys in it. The aisle can quickly turn into a disaster of mixed up piles of who knows what so it can be tough to find stuff sometimes.
  • Little3piggiesLittle3piggies Member Posts: 40
    Bea, this is the 2nd part of the christmas setup, that fills in the halloween aisles w/ toys, candies... Halloween should be gone with a few days so they'll put more out.
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,985
    What we saw with the Halloween Polybags, is that they do not go out before a certain date. Considering that it is still early November, that the Halloween stuff is still fading out in many Targets, I would not expect to see the polybags out yet in many/most Targets.
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 477
    Does anyone have the dcpi number of the batmobile polybag? if we can get that then ask an employee with a scanner to see if they have any in the back and they can typically go out back and get you some even if they do not have them out yet.
  • bsiu922bsiu922 SF Bay Area, CAMember Posts: 439
    Found a few of the 30161 on Sat at another Target further away from my home!
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    I picked up 4 McCain polys today. They are glued/double side taped to the promo card. I tried gently to pull one off, with very little luck. Anyone else had any luck getting the card off of the bag?