Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 video game announced.

MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
According to http://www.mugglenet.com/ The Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 Videogame has been announced for this holiday season. Here's hoping we get some more sets to go with it!
I've sent it to @Huw to put on the main site.

Matthew

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,659
    ^You mean 5-7. Looking forward to it.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    ^ Yes, I did. Fixed now, I was planning on saying 'following on from 1-4' or similar, but I forgot :-)
    Use your HP minifig wand to remove my post if you like. :o)
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    Excellent! I've been eagerly awaiting news on this. Years 1-4 is simply masterful.
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    TBH with you, I've been meaning to get 1-4 for ages, but haven't got round to it. I will have to get it now I know this is coming! Is it me, or does the first one seem to have disappeared? I haven't seen it in shops for ages, but with 5-7 coming, maybe they'll get more stock...
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 939
    I still see it around in my local stores - if nothing else I've seen it go for very little on eBay. The gameplay isn't even the best thing about the game; it's the humour. It's superbly funny with some terrific subtle nods to the HP series. I could start listing them off the top of my head but I won't spoil them :)
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    Oh, man... I'm still working my way through the first one, and LSW3:CW AND LPotC... but I'll want it immediately the day it comes out! I can't get enough of these games, they're the most fun video games I've ever played.
    Remember though, for those without Years 1-4, it won't be long before "The Complete Saga" is released.
  • acedogg77acedogg77 Member Posts: 110
    3 new lego games in 1 year? they're really going for it. Good fun though, love playing through them with the little man on 2 player.
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,346
    Great news, loved the first one (in fact all the Lego games have been great)
    Might have to actually buy a games platrom at last rather than a PC. Also I hope the produce the Iphone version for this as they did with 1-4 (only £2.99) best value ever...
  • LuciusMalfoy7LuciusMalfoy7 Member Posts: 107
    I don't really care about the video games, although they are fun to play and I can admit to having beaten the first one. :) I hope this means a good spat of new sets.
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    edited May 2011
    Remember though, for those without Years 1-4, it won't be long before "The Complete Saga" is released.
    Maybe, though they haven't compiled the Indiana Jones games in the same way, so don't count on it.
    @vynsane - Well, I don't think Indy 2 was such a success as the games for Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Batman were. The first Indy was fairly successful, I think.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    ^ shame if true, I've played them all, and Indy 2 is by far the best IMO.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,127
    ^-- I never got Indy 2, I heard it was not that interesting compared to the first one and there were bugs (although people say that about Lego PoTC).
    PoTC did lock up on me once, but I was playing the game for about 12 hours when it did.. so I kinda chalk that up to just exhaustion.. either by my XBox360, or the game...
    Potter and Batman seem to be the best games Lego put out right now....Followed by SW Complete saga, Indy, and now PoTC, then Indy2.
    Although with the Disney license I wish Lego would do a Tron line and video game.
    ^I wasn't a fan of the new TRON, and it only performed halfheartedly at the box office, so I dunno if they'd make LEGOs for it.