Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[CA] best retailer on Vancouver island?

Any recommendations out there for a lego retailer on Vancouver island ? Preferably near Nanaimo.

Comments

• tedwardtedward CanadaMember Posts: 163
    Sorry, I never buy up you way except when Winners in Woodgrove used to get LEGO. Ahh, picking up Cloud City at 1/2 price on the way to a weekend at Tigh-na-mara was one of my best days ever. Down here in Victoria TRU and Wal-Mart are usually the best options for price and selection.
  • YpresYpres Member Posts: 200
    I'm in Victoria, and currently I only do my Lego shopping a Toys"R"Us. As far as retailers go, I'm not aware of any special ones. I've driven around areas like Sidney to check private toy shops for old stocks of Lego, but in a town like that they don't have anything pre-dating Atlantis. Christmas time might be a different story for certain retailers though. If you're located near a SuperStore, Winners, and/or Costco you might be able to pick up some good holiday blowouts around or just after Christmas.

If you're in the Nanaimo area you're not out of luck. I checked Google maps and it appears there's a Toys"R"Us just north of that location. The big retailers are usually your best bet for good deals because they get better deals from LegoDirect when they buy bulk. Nanaimo isn't the middle of nowhere as far as Vancouver Island in concerned, so I assume there's a Walmart (etc) up there too. I'd like to say "Happy Shopping"... but you're in Canada, and losing a limb on a 20% markup isn't a happy occasion.
  • ajhuddyajhuddy Member Posts: 10
    FYI Costco nanaimo has the xwing for $54 and change. Not a steal but a few bucks less than anywhere else.