Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

I have a chance to visit Denmark. What to do in LEGO?

joaojoao Member Posts: 2
edited May 2011 in Everything else LEGO
I'll be at a conference in Denmark over the summer with my wife, maybe taking my 3 year old son with me. What is there to see with regards to LEGO? I know there's the LEGOLAND theme park, but is it worthwhile for adults? Is there any type of tour of the offices/museum in Billund (besides the "inside" tour)?

Would you take a 3 year old to LEGOLAND?

If you have done any of this, how was your experience?

Comments

• princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Joao,
    Never been to Denmark so cannot help you there, but just want to let you know I took my son who had only just turned 4 to LEGOLAND Windsor and he loved it, loads to do for the little ones. Think he would not have enjoyed anywhere near as much if he was only just 3 though, so I suppose it depends if he is a young 3, if you know what I mean.
    If it is in the summer you may well find it is VERY busy (if Windsor is anything to go by), which could end up with LONG queue's which are not nice with an impatient 3 year old.
  • JP82JP82 Member Posts: 45
    There's not a lot else to do other than the park, as in literally it's a very small town, only occupied by people who work for LEGO or the other handful of companies there. To be honest its not the most picturesque area of Denmark, but the park like all LEGOLANDs is very pretty.

I've only ever been there as an employee of LEGO, so although I have done the Idea house/museum visit, I don't know how easy it is for non employees/corporate visitors to get onto.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited May 2011
    ^ Without contacts inside the company, access to the Idea House is not really possible. Occasionally, small groups will be taken through (usually as an adjunct to one of the Denmark-based AFOL events), but I don't think they do tours for private individuals/families (outside of the Inside tour & corporate guests).