Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Partial Set Parts List

ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,659
I do not know if it exists but a library of parts list of partial sets would be a really useful one to have, especially in combination with Bricklink or Rebrickable.
Like parts list for #8404 Bus, #10218 Condo, etc
A buyer could add it to its wanted list to part out the elements of a set they want, may be update some colors (I want a blue 8404 bus instead of lime).

Right now the best way I found is to use the Bricklink "Part Out a Set Into My Wanted List", exclude everything by default, go through the building instructions and add the pieces of each steps. While it is an OK method for small items, it is not practical for larger partial sets.

Do does such library exist ?
If not, would that be something interesting to have ?
jocappy

Comments

• Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited October 2012
    I use the same method as you and I agree that it's a pain and takes ages.
    However I would imagine that building software with this functionality would be hellish complicated.
    So the best alternative would seem to be, if you dont want to do it, then watch out for people on ebay or bricklink who do it and buy from them.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,659
    @bluedragon, Rebrickable just came up with a Kitchen car for the EN. MOC-0343 - Emerald Night Kitchen Car.
    bluedragon
  • bluedragonbluedragon PortugalMember Posts: 506
    Thanks! There are also more ideas from Bagman on MOC pages, including restrooms and cargo. http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/164137. Sadly no parts list...
    I talked to Nathan and that functionality actually already exist in Rebrickable. If you already have any subset parts list (can be Bricklink, BrickStore, Peeron, BaseBrick, LXF) it is a breeze to add.
    Set -> Submit a Set
    Pick in Set Relationships: "Subset Of"
    @bluedragon, I posted the passenger car parts list on Rebrickable: Emerald Night Passenger Car
  • bluedragonbluedragon PortugalMember Posts: 506
    You are a star @ColoradoBricks! I'm thinking of bricklinking parts for the extra passenger car, the kitchen car and the restroom car...