Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Amazon has #9450 Epic Dragon Battle for $79.99

Comes in at 33% off, good deal especially for those who have little ones with this on their xmax list.

Comments

• LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    Wow, that is a screaming deal...
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    Yes....a really good deal. Thank you for posting!
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,672
    @andystar, Got one, Thank you :)
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    I am curious why the price drop, haven't found anyone else they are price matching yet.
    andystar said:

I am curious why the price drop, haven't found anyone else they are price matching yet.

Making space for Christmas? Perhaps they ordered too many, thinking "it is a LEGO dragon so we'll sell a ton", and perhaps sales haven't kept up with demand?

It is a large box, perhaps they just are taking up too much space in the warehouse? The discount is great!
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 258
    Thank you for posting this. I have been holding off on this set for a while. Not any longer!
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Thanks much. Grabbed some.

Thank you for posting this. I have been holding off on this set for a while. Not any longer!

Yes, if you don't buy at this price, then you don't really want it! :)
  • mechteachmechteach Member Posts: 19
    Awesome deal! Thanks for the heads-up!
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    Great deal, not so much for my wallet.... :(
    edited October 2012
    Back to 119.99 Perhaps someone at Amazon pushed the wrong button and accidentally brought down the price ?
  • beabea Member Posts: 227
    It is sold out from amazon now, in a matter of ~20 min. Who cleaned them out?
    They had over a thousand in stock... I bought 4 of them, but even if everyone did that, it still took hundreds of orders to clean them out. I wouldn't be shocked if they had 5,000 or more of them in stock before putting them on sale like this.

It was a crazy good price on a set that was already in high demand, before the price dropped it was already in the top 25 of all LEGO sets and that was at full price.

33% off, it only has to get posted to slickdeals or another such site and the demand can be crushing.
    ^ to be fair, andystar posted the deal about 2 hours ago.. Plus, it was 33% off an awesome looking set ;)
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,977
    I am glad I bought this set full-price, the day it came out, otherwise I would be kicking myself for missing out. ;-)
    This was an awesome deal, and the best price I have seen.

This is my 5 year old son's top wish for Christmas. I decided back when it was released that I did feel not like price chasing this one, like I currently am a different set. :-)
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Crud. Missed this one. One of the few Ninjago sets that interests me.
  • BlueMoonUSABlueMoonUSA Member Posts: 116
    Me too :( Hopefully it will come back in stock at this price. Maybe for Black Friday...
  • mechteachmechteach Member Posts: 19
    I just bought 1, for my son's gift from Santa at Christmas. He has been talking about Ninjago nonstop for weeks (he's even dressing up as Lord Garmadon for Halloween), so I'm so happy to have been able to grab this set.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    edited October 2012

Unless of course you are on minimum wage and just spent your money on the Grand Emporium so that you could get a free winter village set. Shows you how much I wasn't expecting this to happen, Dang it!
  • stoneboistoneboi Member Posts: 42
    d**n it! how long did the deal last? 1 hour? now its at $129!!
    Penkid11 said:

Unless of course you are on minimum wage and just spent your money on the Grand Emporium so that you could get a free winter village set. Shows you how much I wasn't expecting this to happen, Dang it!
    Well... yes, perhaps I didn't choose my words very well, you make a good point. :)

Allow me to rephrase...

"If you can afford a set like this and don't buy it now, then you probably want other sets more."

Is that better? :)
    stoneboi said:

Less than 2 hours, maybe only an hour... Amazon had over a thousand in stock, sold out very quickly...

stoneboi said:

Less than 2 hours, maybe only an hour... Amazon had over a thousand in stock, sold out very quickly...
    that's really hot! like the walmart sale on modulars!!

stoneboi said:

how do you see the stock level at amazon?
    33% off a set that was already in the top 20 LEGO sets at full RRP will do that...

Add the item to your cart, then change the qty to 999. Isn't 100% reliable, but works most of the time. The count was 999+ when it first went down in price, then about an hour later, gone...
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    had one in my cart early in the sale, but never bought. set just doesn't appeal to me.
    doesnt appeal to me as well at RRP, seems like lots of blades involved in the build..
    but at $80, i would grab it!!

Penkid11 said:

Previous quotes...

Well... yes, perhaps I didn't choose my words very well, you make a good point. :)

Allow me to rephrase...

"If you can afford a set like this and don't buy it now, then you probably want other sets more."

Is that better? :)
    I only wanted the emporium because it was going EOL... WAS! It is beautiful, however, but I am a Ninjago completist so missing this kind of stuff makes me die inside.
    ^ Well, I don't want to sound like your Father... but if you're making minimum wage, you might want to save your nickels and dimes first, before spending everything on LEGO sets.

:)

At least save 10% of what you earn, you'll be shocked how much it will add up to in 20 years if you make a habbit of it now. Learn to live on 90% of what you make and you'll be very well set.
    ^One step ahead. I also have some small monthly expenses. That's actually the reason why I'm nigh broke (I can afford some small sets so it isn't that bad).
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    Amazon stock is back at $99. It's not hot anymore as we tasted $80.
  • BlueMoonUSABlueMoonUSA Member Posts: 116
    Back to $119 already :(
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,672
    Back down to $99 right now
  • ShouldavilleShouldaville Member Posts: 51
    Back to $77.99
    Amazon's prices like to jump around all day, you have to be ninja like with them.

Would be cool if you could just set a price that you'd buy at and when/if it drops below that price, it just auto buys for you.
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    That is actually a brilliant idea. You should suggest it to Amazon somehow. I think it would be an easy feature to implement (for them anyway) and would probably generate more sales.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    This always makes me think of Airplane!

Gunderson: "He's all over the place! Nine hundred feet up to 1300 feet. What an [email protected]@hole!"
    pharmjod said:

That is actually a brilliant idea. You should suggest it to Amazon somehow. I think it would be an easy feature to implement (for them anyway) and would probably generate more sales.

Actually, they used to have this feature years ago. In your "wishlist", you used to be able to put in an offer, the idea was that either Amazon or third party sellers could actually see the posted offers and accept them if they wished.

It has been years however, I don't recall when it was, I think 6-7 years ago...

I have no idea why it went away, but Amazon has actually removed many things over the years. How many people remember Z-Shops, and Amazon Auctions? (yes, Amazon used to have an "eBay" competitor site).
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    I would envision it more like you put in a price and if the amazon daily fluctuations hit that price point, a purchase is triggered. That way you have to think about your price and what you are willing to pay. Part of the terms could be if you order that way you can't return or cancel your oder perhaps? Would be interesting for sure. You could put crazy low numbers in for some things if you wanted to just in case. There could be issues for sure, but I like the idea.