Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Any word on [email protected] November promotions?

mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
edited October 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
My wife wants the Winter Cottage. It's the first set that she has expressed genuine interest in without me pushing her on it. [email protected] is currently offering double VIP points along with free shipping. I want to purchase the set before Black Friday. Am I assuming wrong that Lego will continue offering free shipping and double VIP points through November? If not, then will they potentially offer something better?

Comments

• LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,917
    November store calendar here: http://www.toysnbricks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7049

Hope this helps! :)
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Does anybody have the UK store calendar for November?
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    Double VIP points are always in March and October (whole month).
    I guess niw is the best time to get the set you want (free shipping + VIP x 2).

* In January, WV Post Office was discounted right after Christmas
    (and it was a new release like WV Cottage ! ).
  • ajhuddyajhuddy Member Posts: 10
    Question: when it comes to an offer that is valid between certain days, when does it begin? Eastern time zone? Central?
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    ^EST
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    Reading the fuzzy fine print: I would think one would receive the holiday set and PaB box if enough was spent, but some of the wording makes it sound like it is one or the other. I vaguely recall that according to last year's reports it was not either/or but both. Can anyone clarify?

And does free shipping continue through Nov/Dec?
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    Free shipping lasts until December 18th.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 789
    @Brickarmor
    Both, depending on how friendly the employees are. If any of them tell people to shop for a cheaper deal on Lego somewhere else, even though the desired set was already present, then those are some friendly employees.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,829
    y2josh said:

Free shipping lasts until December 18th.

In the UK as well as the States. :-)
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639

Reading the fuzzy fine print: I would think one would receive the holiday set and PaB box if enough was spent, but some of the wording makes it sound like it is one or the other. I vaguely recall that according to last year's reports it was not either/or but both. Can anyone clarify?

And does free shipping continue through Nov/Dec?

Last year you got both the PAB Box and the Holiday Set 1 or 2 with a $99 purchase or more.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    everyone in my store got both last year without asking - store just did it.
  • dragonhawkdragonhawk USMember Posts: 633
    Slightly OT. Is there any chance [email protected] would give out free item with orders on Oct 31st a la Pirate Plank games during Talk Like Pirate Day ?
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    dougts said:

everyone in my store got both last year without asking - store just did it.

YESSSSSS!

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,893
    will the freebie set with $99 purchase be in-store only or will online orders be eligible too?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,105
    Yeah every store is different.. do ont gauge what you see on here..
    Some store are stingy and only offer per the exact directive from LEGO, some could bend the rules for good customers, some do not care and just give away until they have nothing left...
    Id say if you are planning to go to a LEGO store, then go before the promotions and ask them how it will work at their store
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^^ The flyer doesn't specify "in store only" like the PAB box does so I would assume it is online as well.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @bumblepants last year I got a holiday set from [email protected] but the PAB box was only from an in store purchase.
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 377
    Anyone got the UK store calendar yet?
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    The PAB box has always been one box per "price". I.e. if its $75 for a box, and you spend $150 (after discounts & before tax) you get two boxes. Consequently I always fill out my purchases to be multiples of $75. But to tell you the truth, with all the other deals going on I haven't really jumped on double points and I doubt PAB boxes will be much of an incentive this year. PAB and free gift, Yes.